Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Open ECry Wish List Thread

Hey OEC users - I am wrapping up my review/suggestion log shortly, so if there's anything else you'd like to see, please list here. I am going to go through this thread again before sending.

While something you suggest may not be implement instantly, that does not mean your request is falling on deaf ears. Sometimes it's a programming issue. I've requested a number of things that sound good to everyone but require some serious programming that takes time to implement. Other things are rather simple and can get implemented much quicker.

Thanks!

Hey Brown I had a quick look at OEC site looks quite nice. I understand AMP have a new platform that looks very similar was wondering if that was the case.

I have been messing round with Ninja & Zenfire thats pretty impressive though a few things irritate. Isn't there always. Guess OEC is next up.

Hey Brown I had a quick look at OEC site looks quite nice. I understand AMP have a new platform that looks very similar was wondering if that was the case.

I have been messing round with Ninja & Zenfire thats pretty impressive though a few things irritate. Isn't there always. Guess OEC is next up.

BF - not sure if AMP is a white label of OEC. Very well could be.

Ninja is nice as well. Paying the extra fees for the Ninja/Zen combo just wasn't worth it to me once I settled into OEC.

Just b/c your ONE suggestion was not immediately implemented does not mean OEC does not listen. A new update was installed today and a few things I have provided to them have been implemented. So far, I have seen:

1) Snap mode on lines

2) Text on lines (custom and value display)

3) Weekly pivots

4) Monthly pivots

That's what I saw just glancing through the update that came through today.

So, yes, OEC does in fact listen. Perhaps your request was the ONLY one asking for this; therefore, the level of importance is one customer. If other customers are requesting features, majority will win most of the time.

Here's a few other things that OEC implemented in this new release that I had asked for:

1) Buy Bid/Sell Ask buttons directly on DOM (incredible time saver if you use that type of function)

2) Customize right/left click buttons on your mouse

3) Type directly on chart to change contract

=================================

A few other things of note:

1) RSS news feeds

2) Market Delta plug-in

3) Custom indicators through easylanguage compatibility

-------------------

So there you go. That's just one minor release from OEC and there's a ton of stuff in there.

BrownsFan - thanks for asking for feedback from us and then compiling the suggestions into your submission, I appreciate all the work you put in to doing this, and I am sure other OEC users do too.

BrownsFan - thanks for asking for feedback from us and then compiling the suggestions into your submission, I appreciate all the work you put in to doing this, and I am sure other OEC users do too.

No prob MrEd - anything that makes the software better can only help all of us, even if you don't use it at that time.

Guest forsearch

Here's more feedback for ya :)

Show custom price format from quotes on DOM.

I like it that charts show in the custom price format from the quotes.

However the DOM does not.

Also, how about OEC fixing their risk parameters to allow stop and target brackets when an order has been filled.

If a customer is close to margin, the OEC platform "might" accept the order, but reject the bracket (stop and/or target) when filled.

This leaves both OEC and the customer at greater risk. Think about it.

-fs

Also, how about OEC fixing their risk parameters to allow stop and target brackets when an order has been filled.

If a customer is close to margin, the OEC platform "might" accept the order, but reject the bracket (stop and/or target) when filled.

This leaves both OEC and the customer at greater risk. Think about it.

-fs

I dont think I even want to know how you figured this one out. :eek:

Guest forsearch
I dont think I even want to know how you figured this one out. :eek:

All it really takes is a third of your maximum margin overnight, for example, to do this.

Since the full margins are in effect overnight lately when trading even the ES, you can imagine the rest.

It's a PITA that needs to be addressed once and for all by OEC. :helloooo:

And adding a custom price format to the DOM would be a nice touch as well. ;)

Guest forsearch

No problem.

Pull up a quote. Change the custom price format on any contract. Check the charts and the DOM. Observe whether changes, if any, have been preserved.

Take soybeans, for example.

Say it's quoted for May at 13.4475 - dollars and cents.

Open a chart and you'll see the same format for the price. Ditto for the DOM.

Now change the custom price format for this contract to show the price in cents only.

This means changing the decimal format to 0.00 and multiplier to 100.

So instead of 13.4475, it'll show as 1344.75.

Now when you open a chart, the new format will be showing on the price axis.

However, when you open the DOM the old (default) price format still shows.

Give it a try, and you'll see what I mean for yourself.

P.S. The tick value ($12.50 for soybeans) remains constant no matter what you change the price format to.

-fs

Guest forsearch
Please provide an example.

Any update yet?

Any update yet?

Nice. Not even 5 days go by and 'any update'. :doh:

Allow me to explain my part in this thread forsearch - I provide feedback to OEC 3-4 times a year with suggestions, ideas, etc. Your idea will be submitted the next time I submit my review.

Which means, still time before I submit it, time for them to review it and IF they proceed forward with it, a little more time.

Guest forsearch

Proof that good help is hard to find in Ohio these days, apparently....

Proof that good help is hard to find in Ohio these days, apparently....

You just expected a company to drop everything and do something that one person asked for? Who knowns, maybe they'll do it. But to expect it to be done in a week or two is crazy. Yeah, they are going to release a new version of the software with one update because you asked for it. I don't know what kind of companies you are used to dealing with, but don't you think its absurd for you to be asking for an update already? Apparently not....

So what does this have to do with OEC?

You know that OEC is in Ohio, right? :doh:

Your request is documented on my end. If you want more, contact OEC yourself and see if you can push it through. Just a word of advice - if you are trading a 1 lot account, don't expect everything to be dropped for you, ok? ;)

I'd like to keep this thread on topic, so please let it be.

Hi guys,

I'been using OEC for a couple of month and I dont know how to get a continuos contract plotted,can anybody tell me is this is posible?

Sorry for this kind of question,I'm newbie and have not experience on EL,but I've been trying to paste and copy some indicator codes from tradestation(OEC said it should work)and just doesn't.

Does anybody have done something about it,like Value chart,squeeze or something else?

Thanks

BF - If you are doing another submission soon could you place on it a request for OEC to integrate with Investor R/T. OEC integrates with various 3rd party softwares but I R/T is not one of them. I have mentioned doing so to I R/T, would you be able to submit it to OEC (sort of get them all surrounded!)?

Thanks

BF - If you are doing another submission soon could you place on it a request for OEC to integrate with Investor R/T. OEC integrates with various 3rd party softwares but I R/T is not one of them. I have mentioned doing so to I R/T, would you be able to submit it to OEC (sort of get them all surrounded!)?

Thanks

I'll mention it in the next write up MrEd. No prob! ;)

Here's a few things I would like to see:

I regards to drawing tools:

It would be nice if you could "clone" a trend line, copy and paste it rather that have to draw a new one. Most charting programs have this.

It would be nice if there was an option to erase all drawn objects. Right now you have to go through and delete each one, which is a real pain.

If you have a trend line drawn at an angle and you try to zoom in, the chart flattens out, rather than keeping the trend line at roughly the same angle. Very annoying. You have to delete the trendline in order to get a decent looking chart.

An indicator I would like would be one where it puts a little line at the highs and lows. I think Ninja calls it a price channel. I think tradestation has something like that too.

Those are the things that have been bothering me the most since I started using OEC charts.

John

Here's a few things I would like to see:

I regards to drawing tools:

It would be nice if you could "clone" a trend line, copy and paste it rather that have to draw a new one. Most charting programs have this.

Good idea.

It would be nice if there was an option to erase all drawn objects. Right now you have to go through and delete each one, which is a real pain.

It's there, you just haven't found it. Here's how:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6972&stc=1&d=1212893683

If you have a trend line drawn at an angle and you try to zoom in, the chart flattens out, rather than keeping the trend line at roughly the same angle. Very annoying. You have to delete the trendline in order to get a decent looking chart.

I need a little more explanation on this as I do not use trend lines.

An indicator I would like would be one where it puts a little line at the highs and lows. I think Ninja calls it a price channel. I think tradestation has something like that too.

This also already exists. Was one thing I requested awhile back.

Go to:

INDICATORS > CHANNELS > DAILY HIGH/LOW

From there, you can set what times to use for this.

5aa70e7301dd3_tloec.png.cdde46bad3704928a42983e4d5c4da69.png

Thanks for the response. Nice to know I can erase those old lines.

The price channel showing swing highs and lows would generate a chart that looks like this:

JH%20chart1.gif

Those red and blue dotted lines are made as the chart moves forward, just marking the last swings. Just handy to have sometimes for reference. I don't see how this can be done with the "Daily High/Low" box.

The "Flattening" out can be illustrated like this:

Here is the normal chart with a trend line drawn:

JH%20chart4.gif

As we zoom in, it flattens out:

JH%20chart5.gif

Here is the same zoomed in image with the trend line removed:JH%20chart6.gif

Not a huge deal, but can be anoying at times.

Another simple drawing tool that would be nice is to be able to draw a simple circle.

Thanks,

John

Here's a few

Make rapid indicator wizard have logical functions (if, or, and, else, while) etc

I played around with the rapid indicator wizard today it is not very useful without logical and recursive functions. I thought maybe countif or summationif would help me for logic but I couldn't get those to work at all.... Give rapid indicator time of day and date functions, as well as daily, hourly , minute price references.

Make an auto-breakeven stop option like ninjatrader has

Make auto exit order type that closes order at market if a certain amount of profit has not been seen within a specified amount of time

Make it possible to link separate windows to one another, meaning that I can move one window and the other will move with it, minimize and other minimizes with it, restore and the other will restore with it.