Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chewy

Anyone Read This Book

Hello,

Anyone ever read the Dan Passarelli book on options. Kinda pricey?

Not sure if I should invest in the book or not. What say you?

Thanks

This is like asking someone if you should a buy a Ford Mustang. You have to first decide what your goal is and what you are trying to accomplish and then decide if you think the book will help reach your goal. Otherwise, you are just buying a book for the heck of it.

Before someone can tell you if they think you should buy the book at least say first what you expect to get from the book.

Of course I would like to make money trading options. I know the Nattenburg(spell check) book is out there. The 3 thinkgs I do know about options is buy enough time out(Theta)/single options/, buy with at least a 70 Delta, and make sure the spread is no more than .30 cents. Beyond that I am not sure. I guess if I am just going to buy single options whether puts or calls maybe those 3 things are enough to know???

Of course I would like to make money trading options. I know the Nattenburg(spell check) book is out there. The 3 thinkgs I do know about options is buy enough time out(Theta)/single options/, buy with at least a 70 Delta, and make sure the spread is no more than .30 cents. Beyond that I am not sure. I guess if I am just going to buy single options whether puts or calls maybe those 3 things are enough to know???

If this is all you know about options, I think you are much better off to start with:

Options for dummies

Understanding Options

You can get both for less than Passarreli's book.

Guest ivanbaj

I like these:

1. Option Volatility & Pricing, Natenberg

2. The Option Trader's guide to probability, volatility, and timing , Jay Kaeppel

3. Options as a strategic Investment

Best, better OK

But IMO you must also read :

1. Trade your way to financial freedom, Tharp

2. Fortune's formula, William Poundstone

3. The disciplined trader, Douglas

4. ZEN in the Markets, Toppel

5. Market Wizards, Jack Schwager

AND my favorite is: Pit Bull, Schwartz

Read this book first, simple, direct, starts at the beginning... buy a stock then what...

Trade Your Way to Wealth, by Bill Kraft ISBN 978-0-470-12979-1. Then read this one, Come into My Trading Room, by Alexander Elder ISBN 0471225347. Elder will help you get control of yourself and help you keep this simple. The others mentioned are good also.

I agree with everybody that has replied before me, but I'll go one step further and say that you should not buy the Passarelli book, as in my dealings with Dan I've felt he was more of a salesman than a mentor.

Trade Your Way to Wealth, by Bill Kraft

- sadly, this book's most helpful low-rated comment on Amazon is criticizing it's "value" for option traders :)

I am personally new to options so I cannot recommend a book on them as I've not read any (although I've read a lot of books on trading). I'd suggest to learn the very basic and most known option trading methods first - IronCondor, straddle/strangle, seasonals, etc.

I've read the book. Bought 3 copies so far for friends and family. I recommended reading this book first before any other. Then I have a list to follow if you are still interested in trading. I am by no means a expert on trading books but of the 20 plus I've read this is the single best overall.