Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

minoo

The Psychology of Emotions, Feelings and Thoughts

'The Psychology of Emotions, Feelings and Thoughts' A Book by Mark Pattinelli

(Module 14358 on cnx.org)

Attached is the pdf and below is the Abstract

Abstract

This book puts forth the idea that life is divided into three groups, emotion, thinking, and feeling.

These three groups make humans feel in certain ways, thinking, physical stimulus, and emotion all

contribute to feeling. But what is the dierence between a thought, an emotion, and a feeling? Is there

an overlap between the three? Probably, since any emotion can be broken down into the sensations and

real events that caused it, and these events all lead to emotions, feelings and thoughts. So emotions,

feelings and thoughts all might have the same source, they are just expressed dierently in the mind.

Where do your emotions, feelings and thoughts rate on a scale of clarity? Where do they rate on a scale

of focus and attention? How does understanding the psychology of ones emotions, feelings and thoughts

lead to a long term increased consciousness?

Enjoy Minoo

http://greatday.com/v.html?2182s07MRpn8

m14358.pdf

Our biases can affect our trading, even when we don't think we are trading on biased information. Also, when an outcome appears vague, we err in our judgment, even though we have a conception of how the market is supposed to move. Our anticipations can also be deterrents from achieving what it is we think we want. To aid us in these potential problems, we can remove biased inputs, gain more understanding of market probabilities and define what it is we really want from our trading.

TradeLab, Thank you very much for bringing this to light again. I had misplaced the pdf on my own system & Wish I remembered that it was shared on Traderslaboratory. Glad to find it Back. Have previously used many of the good stuff from it. . . .

Not BIAS but Preference

BIAS cannot be kept away unless you have a mechanism in your own system to keep it at Bay. And importantly trained your mind & have gone through of experience of repeating your mistakes. Sudden Emotions comes mostly from ones Primitive Mind. Your trading plan you have made, tested, improvised and defined is from your concious and learned conventional day to day mind. When primitive mind kicks in it will take over your conventional self & will trade your trading plan.

I wrote the below some time back in one of the threads on Thyself (Below is a part from the copy I kept)

Thought bargained not, but inherited thy mind,

Wired so wrongly, lamented subconcious of mine

Have heard my story and repeated it all

How many times, Cries myself of all

My minds a Dice, Follows my Vice

Few times right & Acts even Wise

Drowning me mind in Egoistic helpings

In feeling of Doom or Aura of Gloom

Trading Mantras, & Chants of Changes

I Dam this action, in air of Reflection

Guess all are: Self Inflicted Actions

I prefer the word Preference and have a system for my preference to be evident from Market Internal Charts,

This preference will make me employ probability of trades in Uni-Direction only and the opportunity only comes around 33% of trading days. Otherwise its CoP time (Consciously Out Position) during this time I practice patience and discipline. Thats it.

Easy to mention here But I can only do the above, If I have prepared myself and my system both and made my self part of my own defined trading system. I constantly revise my system to remember it, as it is defined and not for creating new or fly by editions or versions of it.

Hope the above piece of my mind Helps

Regards Minoo

Controlling of Emotions is not the Goal of Trading Psychology

Below are twp Paras from this Excellent Article (Also refer to the comments at the end)

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

The important ingredient in success is not emotional dampening per se, but the enhancement of concentration and focus. That is what enables people to act with sustained purpose and stay rooted in their goals.

The goal of trading psychology is to build consciousness, not reduce emotion. The goal is to create regular access to the flow state of heightened learning and focus. Talking to a trading coach, in itself, won't accomplish that; nor will well-intentioned efforts to calm oneself or take breaks from trading

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

TraderFeed: Controlling Emotions Is NOT The Goal Of Trading Psychology

I would humbly add, Please Read and Re-read the good advise sincerely and importantly clarify the purpose of your training, preparation and routine.

My Thanks to Brett for truly a Good Article. Such solid advise is hard to find.

Enjoy Minoo

Edited by minoo

Whenever I compromise my Trading Guidelines, I make it a point to spend some time for my Trading Psychology well being and study and revise some of my own guidelines & advise. Its a good thing to do, to remain rooted and progress further

You do not let your slip-ups pass without bringing them to the forefront of your Conscious

But objectively in the context of your own healing & betterment,

Without the provocation of drama, self bashing, etc

(make it a self-process instead)

I found this old article title 'Pervasive Myths of Trading Psychology' again by Brett very essential. There is more to this article than the title suggests, it brings around multitude of Deliberate Awareness in one's consciousness

TraderFeed: Three Pervasive Myths of Trading Psychology

Thanks again Brett

Enjoy Minoo

".....Some traders love the action, some love the dream of making money, some love the opportunity to work for themselves—but many don’t love the work itself: the effort of mastering patterns in demand and supply."

There is a wisdom here - mastering patterns in demand and supply. Then it comes out a question, will future demand determined by the past demand and supply? Maybe most of time, and if it is, it's great and thanks wall st. Great for your post. Cheers.