Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

One Shot, One Kill Trade

The Dow broke above the 5 day consolidation range today with strong market internals from the opening to the close.

In my pre-market analysis today, I mentioned how I was holding a long bias from yesterdays action. Yesterday price broke below value just to find strong buyers at the lower range pivot. Price was then pushed back into value.

This information hinted out a possible lift in price. Today, price gapped up above the upper range pivot. When checking the SSF's, I saw more than average volume and therefore anticipated a continuation and a official breakout of consolidation.

Therefore, it is necessary to switch trading strategies for a trending market.

My first initial trading decision was to go long at the open. My fill was 11949 at the open. TICK's opened up positive and price had gapped above a key resistance level. Market sectors were all green and SSF's showed decent volume. This was more than enough information to go long.

I had one trade for the entire day. Scaled out and held on until the close. Sometimes the opening can act as a dead low/high for the day. It is important to do your analysis, have a trading plan, and follow your plan.

See attachment for charts:

101206gap.jpg.28aecbc78674971409cfcc3ba8a252db.jpg

101206exit.jpg.98e21433454e5aa5c0ea583751ed6534.jpg

Gotta love the trend ;)

Just reflecting back at my trading when I was struggling... all I can do is laugh at my foolishness. I used to short because the RSI was overbought. Or short because price had advanced too much.

I love the journey :)

Very nice trading James. Now if you could just coax the market to do that just a teensy bit more often, we would all become your close personal friends heh, heh.

Happy Trading ;)

ha ha I agree ez, maybe we can get James to get the market to cooperate a little more....we'll all be set. ;)