Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jjthetrader

Combining VSA with Other Modalities

While I applaud jj for making the effort to keep the peace, I'm puzzled as to the justification for this thread. The original VSA thread(s) has been about combining VSA with other "modalities" since post #1: candles, OHLC bars, MP, Market Delta, indicators of various sorts, VWAP, Pivots, SMI, etc. And of course TradeGuider was introduced within the first page.

So what exactly is the difference in purpose between this thread and the originating thread?

While I applaud jj for making the effort to keep the peace, I'm puzzled as to the justification for this thread. The original VSA thread(s) has been about combining VSA with other "modalities" since post #1: candles, OHLC bars, MP, Market Delta, indicators of various sorts, VWAP, Pivots, SMI, etc. And of course TradeGuider was introduced within the first page.

So what exactly is the difference in purpose between this thread and the originating thread?

I agree. I think the folks that felt intimidated posting their mixed badg of tricks in the VSA section got flamed or given a hard time way back in VSA I when it was a whole different beast. The main contributors of VSA I are long gone and there's a lot more freedom now to post openly.

Whenever I post I have usually included my market profile levels, pivot points, MA's or whatever I used to setup the trade.

Maybe it's best to let this baby die or retitle it "Todd Kruger crock or not" lol

I don't even know what everyone is complaining about? DB and Eiger aren't even against each other and I don't think their 'camps' are either. The only ones with an argument are those who are arguing.

I respect DB and Eiger and have learned from both of them a great deal. Lets all try to be thankful that we have access to knowledgable people like this and not insist that the interaction be only a certain way. With as diverse and colourful of personalitis that we have here, we've got to remember we're all on the same team. Now, lets work together to better each other.

Good points jj, were you ever in diplomatic service:)

Lets not forget politeness, respect also has to be there towards each other. Otherewise it is back to square one. Degrading somebody with less knowledge would not work. IMO

I don't even know what everyone is complaining about? DB and Eiger aren't even against each other and I don't think their 'camps' are either. The only ones with an argument are those who are arguing.

I respect DB and Eiger and have learned from both of them a great deal. Lets all try to be thankful that we have access to knowledgable people like this and not insist that the interaction be only a certain way. With as diverse and colourful of personalitis that we have here, we've got to remember we're all on the same team. Now, lets work together to better each other.

Whatever personal differences exist (and there are in fact personal differences, as indicated by the remarks posted) should be irrelevant to discussions of Wyckoff and VSA/TradeGuider. But personal remarks should be made in PMs, partly due to form, but mostly because they have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

After so many thousands of posts made to the "VSA forum", it is unlikely that VSA will ever be disentangled from TradeGuider. And this drives some in the anti-TradeGuider contingent crazy. But it must be remembered that there are many who are wildly enthusiastic about TradeGuider and who couldn't care less about the differences between the two. In fact, to them the differences may be irrelevant, if not imperceptible. Similarly, there are those who see no difference between the original Wyckoff and all that has been written about him over the years, particularly the last dozen years. And if they do see differences, they don't see them as particularly relevant and don't care.

While only a relative few are going to see this post, lars' thread has been pretty much destroyed, and I hope that he will try again. If he does, and I'm able to help him, I will, not because I'm "interested in VSA", but because I'm interested in anything that addresses price action, anything that is that does not involve a lot of massaging and manipulation. In that regard, it should be noted, again, that there are essential differences between Wyckoff and VSA/TradeGuider, the most obvious of which is the bar. It cannot be argued that the bar is not central to VSA/TG. VSA/TG cannot in fact exist without it. But it should also be noted that many people couldn't care less. They think that trading by the bar is just great. They might even make money with it. To suggest that they're making that money "the wrong way" is ludicrous. I have, in fact, steered many people toward VSA because they wanted something that appeared to have little ambiguity and that could even be coded. In return, many people who have been less than satisfied with their experieces in VSA have investigated Wyckoff, looking for something that focuses more on the continuous flow of price than on the bar.

What is important, then, is not what the spokesperson for this or that approach thinks is important, or believes with the fervor of the zealot is absolutely critical. What matters more is an open mind. This enables the beginner to make an intelligent choice, a reasoned choice. Unless someone is selling something, it should make no difference whatsoever what choice the beginner makes. It is his time and his sweat and his money, after all.

Does Todd Krueger have his own website now, if so does anyone know what it is. I have the bootcamp and he is a lot better at explaining vsa that gavin. Where can you purchase the cds he is selling?

Thanks

TC

Does Todd Krueger have his own website now, if so does anyone know what it is. I have the bootcamp and he is a lot better at explaining vsa that gavin. Where can you purchase the cds he is selling?

Thanks

TC

traderscode.com

He has a weekly video newsletter that is informative, and free, and no gavin to listen to.

traderscode.com

He has a weekly video newsletter that is informative, and free, and no gavin to listen to.

I see that Todd is now talking about Wyckoff principles in his newsletters and articles, skirting the VSA business altogether. What I've seen so far is pretty basic (for those of us who follow the threads on Traders Lab) but Todd's stuff is still valuable, and a good introduction to the material.

I see that Todd is now talking about Wyckoff principles in his newsletters and articles, skirting the VSA business altogether. What I've seen so far is pretty basic (for those of us who follow the threads on Traders Lab) but Todd's stuff is still valuable, and a good introduction to the material.

I believe Todd had some Wyckoff background which initially attracted him to VSA during one of the exhibitions put on by Gavin and when he decided to get on board, Gavin welcomed him with both arms as Todd ultimately provided the inroad into the US market.

However I have seen videos of even Todd floundering with questions on VSA especially those connected with VSA signals appearing when say in the uptrending market, there are these spikes in prices with heavy vol and you have these red rectangles appearing over them indicating supply/weakness etc and vice versa. He would then respond by saying you have to learn to ignore them ofcourse that is in hindsight, however if on a particular chart the market went south from one of these spikes and signals, they would then point that and highlight and even paste it on youtube and harp on that for weeks.like the oil chart;)

Even today the players have changed but they chime the same song.