Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jjthetrader

Combining VSA with Other Modalities

There was some interest expressed for a thread where folks are free to post charts and to ask questions regarding "rogue VSA". In an effort to keep the VSA thread 'pure' in it's original teaching people can feel free to post here how they've adapted VSA with other forms of technical analysis.

There will be no bashing here for being 'un-VSA'. This will also not be a thread for bashing VSA, one already exists for that.

Good idea, this will also avoid controversy, afterall with reading price/volume we are talking about buying and selling pressure which is intrinsic to the market. which is what Wyckoff is all about and VSA is an offshoot of that. There is no reason why other tools cannot be employed to fine tune trading. especially in this day and age.

In this thread I pasted an article of a VSA spin w/ doji candles. Pretty interesting idea for those familiar w/ candle patterns.

Yes that was a good article. He's basically outlining no demand and no supply. Todd being such a big proponent of the background failed to mention that though. No supply (doji's) are found at the bottom and no demand (doji's) are found on tops but the background is key to trading these.

Thanks for startng this thread, jj. I'm looking forward to a blended approach, including VSA and MP and standard S/R levels, etc. Could be fun. I'll be out of commission for a few days while I clean my house and tune up all my computers in preparation for the arrival of my traders group from around the country. Back in a few days.

Only the 2 Wyckof modules[whatever that means] are $199.00

It would appear that Wyckoff is going to be the chocolate sprinkles of the New Wave in Trading. A little of him here and there will improve just about anything, even pickled beets.

Only the 2 Wyckof modules[whatever that means] are $199.00

I have spoken to Todd whilst he was at Tradeguider, as I have mentioned before he knew what he was talking about. If you listen to his 30min video you will notice he does not engage in bar by bar hindsight analysis, he always referenced Wyckoff and Richard Ney. At least you will get a good head start on Wyckoff and Todd is always willing to help unlike TG where the only interest is to sell the expensive software. This plus the info. here on the Wyckoff forum should provide background to reading price/vol relationships. Follow your own instincts, give it a try $199 is not such a big deal, just small overheads to set up a business.:)

The alternative is the $1000 SMI course.

You could also learn a lot at ltg-trading archives, do not necessarily have to subscribe to anything- just overlook the extraneous phrases like jumping the creek, ice breaking etc, very similar to what is going on in the VSA world. You can step back and not get into all that hype and still learn to read charts:)

BTW I have no affiliation whatsoever with Todd, thought he was still in court case with TG, infact only learnt about him recently when I visited this TL website.

I had Todd's Bootcamp CD with Tom Williams, going back 2003, early days of TG, that time Todd's take on price/vol relationship was very much in context i.e background strength or weakness, rather than bar by bar what Manby is expert at. Plus what comes across with him is his honesty, real desire to teach what he knows and moreover he is a real trader.:2c:

I have spoken to Todd whilst he was at Tradeguider, as I have mentioned before he knew what he was talking about. If you listen to his 30min video you will notice he does not engage in bar by bar hindsight analysis, he always referenced Wyckoff and Richard Ney. At least you will get a good head start on Wyckoff and Todd is always willing to help unlike TG where the only interest is to sell the expensive software. This plus the info. here on the Wyckoff forum should provide background to reading price/vol relationships. Follow your own instincts, give it a try $199 is not such a big deal, just small overheads to set up a business.:)

The alternative is the $1000 SMI course.

I have to agree with Monad. The cost isn't that bad. Although this thread isn't necessarily for disputing things (the crock or not thread is). Since Todd's mixing it up with candles I guess it fits.

I have to say I'm sort of intrigued. He doesn't market it to the nines like TG, he's not full of crap like TG, he seems to have a legit emit educational series.

In the beginning, as a trader, we're looking to get things for free right? If we're not brining money in yet then we don't want to be forking it out. This is common. People want real-time data for free, you see requests all over the internet on how to do it. But there comes a time when you realize that you're getting what you've payed for. You can only get so far with free stuff, even this forum. If only 5% of people are making money then how did this forum get all of them? lol. Some folks aren't actual traders and just regurgitate what they've been told or what they theorize.

Unfortunately this industry is like the weight loss industry. There's so much marketing and crap out there that we think everything must be that way. This is not true. There is a time and a place for everything.

My first criteria that must be met before I continue with educational material is does this person trade and have they been successful? We know Todd traded in the past but does he still and has he been successful? We don't know that one.

Last year Joel Pozen was selling his "VSA" course for $5,000. Turns out he doesn't actually trade and wasn't mentored by Richard Ney at all. If he was the real deal then it would have been worth the money but he wasn't so people got ripped off. Everyone on this forum was all horney about him saying wonderful things. So when everyone dogs on Todd Kruger we have to find out for ourselves what is true. However, he wants $40 to ship a DVD to Canada. I get the feeling he's gouging.

Edited by jjthetrader

It would appear that Wyckoff is going to be the chocolate sprinkles of the New Wave in Trading. A little of him here and there will improve just about anything, even pickled beets.

Perhaps Wyckoff will be the new Gann :) Elliot is so last week after all.

Last year Joel Pozen was selling his "VSA" course for $5,000. Turns out he doesn't actually trade and wasn't mentored by Richard Ney at all. If he was the real deal then it would have been worth the money but he wasn't so people got ripped off. Everyone on this forum was all horney about him saying wonderful things. So when everyone dogs on Todd Kruger we have to find out for ourselves what is true.

again Joel was promoted by Manby on the VSA thread, have met some of the guys tutored by him, total rubbish, turned out to be a charlatan, once he gets your money, treats you like s...... and ridicules questions put to him during the classes.

I'm sure 95% of newbys have invested in course,tutorials,etc. & have found them to be less than advertised.I wonder though where 90% of the losers are?Just look at all the testimonials for the thousands of programs out there.I took the bait 2 years ago & am still searching.But as an article i just read said.It's takes more than 2 weeks, 6 months, 1 year to become a brain surgeon.So I figure minimum 3 years [unless you find the right mentor, program]to grasp the traders edge.But as Tom Williams said,if you learn to really be able to read a chart your half way there.

I'm sure 95% of newbys have invested in course,tutorials,etc. & have found them to be less than advertised.I wonder though where 90% of the losers are?Just look at all the testimonials for the thousands of programs out there.I took the bait 2 years ago & am still searching.But as an article i just read said.It's takes more than 2 weeks, 6 months, 1 year to become a brain surgeon.So I figure minimum 3 years [unless you find the right mentor, program]to grasp the traders edge.But as Tom Williams said,if you learn to really be able to read a chart your half way there.

Yes, Tom Williams also said to be very careful for the first two years so you're right about that timeline. If you were studying even to be a mechanic you'd be in school for few years plus apprenticeship.

Personally I had a mentor, an actual trader, and that made all the difference in the world. You gain all their experience in a short amount of time. It's better than any course you could ever buy.

True that most things fall short of people's expectations but people come into this thinking it's going to be easy and they'll make a million bucks by tuesday. Not only that they don't take the time to learn what the course taught and just jump into the next thing.

Tod Krueger's site is back up.

Whats his web address?

sleepy :)

You are sure to find less hype than at Tradeguider as the man has many years of realtime trading experience, moreover even when he was with TG always acknowledged the original source of VSA ie. Wyckoff.

The one thing I never liked about Todd is that he always side stepped the 'where do I enter?' question. He wanted to educate you to a certain extent but didn't want to go as far as to show you what he does.

If a mentor/teacher won't show you how they actually trade then all you get is more theory. After a while new traders need more than theory.

The one thing I never liked about Todd is that he always side stepped the 'where do I enter?' question. He wanted to educate you to a certain extent but didn't want to go as far as to show you what he does.

If a mentor/teacher won't show you how they actually trade then all you get is more theory. After a while new traders need more than theory.

You are right, in the past have set through many seminars , even Tom Williams used to say "it is not our business to tell you how to trade, your skill as a trader has to take over" it is only recently once people started complaining that manby and gavin have pointed out here and there where to enter etc. but again they pull up hindsight charts to point out No demand/No supply etc

Worse part is the constant talk about the "people in the know" i.e professionals. same was on another thread in here "Ideas for struggling traders", when I posted some probing questions, the response was very similar to one encountred recently ie. do not look for holy grail or confirmation from others, be prepared to do hard work, or go and read some book or go to other threads:)

BTW you will also notice in here as well statements such as "what I do or not do or how I do it, is irrelevant"

You are sure to find less hype than at Tradeguider as the man has many years of realtime trading experience,

I've always found it amusing that when some vendors claim they are traders foremost and that it is accepted by many without question and with others it is rejected. People like the master the markets crew spring to mind. Do you know something about Kruger we don't?

I've always found it amusing that when some vendors claim they are traders foremost and that it is accepted by many without question and with others it is rejected. People like the master the markets crew spring to mind. Do you know something about Kruger we don't?

I am not promoting Kruger, when I first got into VSA via their bootcamp CD, he was the one who was able to explain the concepts better than anybody at TG. Infact he was their main tutor with Tom William, together they wrote Master the Markets for Tradeguider customers. G.H had the control and he wanted that. So if anybody desires to learn something about price/vol, at least he or she won't be pushed into buying expensive software , seminars etc. He was preparing that foundation course whilst he was at TG. and now has a couple of DVD on wyckoff for $199, not a big sum to check out, is it. and then come to their conclusion, far better than getting involved with TG crowd, don't you think. However if somebody is determined to go to TG, it is their business, I am just expressing an opinion, take it or leave it, there is no attempt to force it down somebody's throat.

Also Have talked to both Tom and Todd and observed Todd with one of his trader friend trade in realtime. As I have mentioned I came away with the concepts I needed to understand, time to move on to refine tactics with any additional tools I may discover.

If you take the trouble and put in effort to Taylor, you will get to the point when you will realise what strategies you would apply for a particular day ie. what to look for , at what price level, during which time of the trading day, then watch the price action to observe how to apply those tactics to advantage of the main trend of the day according to taylors rules as explained by monad and WHY?

What you state is valid, however if you think about it, it could apply to anybody not only in the vendor world but also on any website , including this one, do you know with certainty if anybody is trading in realtime in here, unless you stand over their shoulder in their trading room:)

BTW same could also go for Tom Williams, you just have his word he was a syndicate trader;) and what about Manby, have you set with him or for that matter those who promote Wyckoff in here. At the end of the day, you have to have some faith and follow your instincts. There are no certainties in any business.

Edited by HAKUNA