Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Macros132

Data Feed for Multicharts.

If you are trading different markets... InteractiveBrokers is a convenient choice.

Broker and datafeed in one.

But you cannot login to the TWS during the weekend for your weekly analysis

But you cannot login to the TWS during the weekend for your weekly analysis

no, nothing is perfect, especially if something is almost free.

OTOH, if you are tracking the market daily, MultiCharts would have saved the data in your computer, you can do all your analysis with your own database.

For EOD stock charts, MultiCharts can extract data from any one of the free data sources. e.g. Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc.,

I have a trial version of Multicharts 5.5 I'd like to have a go at Zenfire before purchasing them both. Can it actually be done? I've read up on Zenfire and found out that it covers Eurex and Cme markets (my goal) by providing unfiltered tick datas.

Guest Tresor
I have a trial version of Multicharts 5.5 I'd like to have a go at Zenfire before purchasing them both. Can it actually be done? I've read up on Zenfire and found out that it covers Eurex and Cme markets (my goal) by providing unfiltered tick datas.

My understanding is that zenfire provides filtered ticks.

Guest Tresor
by that do you mean aggregated?

I mean filtered.

If you compare number of ticks reported by IQ Feed to number ticks reported by Zen-fire, you will notice that Zen-fire has 20 - 30% less ticks.

Assuming IQ Feed sends you unfiltered ticks (which I think is a justified assumption), the only conclusion on Zen-fire is that it sends you filtered ticks.

BTW trialcheck MC 6.0 instead of MC 5.5.

Ok, thank you! The thing is, why do those at Zenfire claim quite the otherwise?

Having said that I'd like to test them all before making a decision. I think I'll begin with Zenfire and I was wondering how it went about obtaining a realtime demo data feed from them and connecting Zenfire with Multicharts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Tresor
Ok, thank you! The thing is, why do those at Zenfire claim quite the otherwise?

There were / have been / are / will be service providers claiming to deliver unfiltered ticks, like OEC, Zen-fire, Transact, Infinity. You can run a simple test by comparing number ticks reported by these providers with number of ticks reported by IQ.

Why they claim otherwise (lie)? For your protection and your best interest of course :rofl:

So I went on the ZenFire website to sign up for a demo with NinjaTrader. I was given a license key to run the software as a trial and a user-pass to connect to ZenFire I guess...do you think I can use that user-pass to connect Multicharts to Zenfire in trial mode??

thanks

I think a good way to make it work would be to merge an ascii file with past 10 trading days tick-by-tick to realtime which is something Multicharts deal with great:

Data Merging

Now, the thing is, where can I find last 10 trading days tick-by-tcik for a given symbol?? (ES, YM)

thanks

I been looking to use MC because it capability to open a large amount of charts and using multiple CPUs. I have run the test of MC vs TS side by side and they charts seems to be pretty close. So I started to look for data feeds and I need Forex plus some futures. So of course I looked at IQFeed. I used their calculator to see how much it could cost. To my surprise it rung to $190.00 vs $138.00 for TS. That is more than if I keep tradestation as a data provider. Here is the comparison:

IQFeed

One-time Initiation Fee: $0.00

Monthly Basic Fee: $80.00

Monthly Exchange Fees: $45.00

Monthly Premium Fees: $65.00

MONTHLY RECURRING FEES: $190.00

CME E-mini [$30.00/month]

CBOT E-mini [$15.00/month]

ICE Indexes (Inc. Russell Minis) [$0.00/month]

500 Additional Simultaneous Symbol Limit [$40.00/m]

Basic Forex Data (Barclays and FXCM) [$25.00/m]

TOTAL FIRST MONTH FEES OWED: $190.00

Tradestation

FOREX $0.00

Platform $100.00

NasD/NYSE/AMES $3.00

CBOT Data Package #1 Mini-Sized Package and Mini-Sized Market Depth

$10.00

CME Data Package #1 E-mini Equity Package and E-mini Market Depth

$25.00

ICE U.S. Data Package E-miNY Only #1

$0.00

Total $138.00

I added the 500 symbols to make a fair comparison since TS allows an unlimited number. Also since I use tick charts I like that TS can give you 6 months of data. I am not sure quality wise the two data feeds compare, but I think they will come pretty close.

The next alternative would be Zen-Fire but Forex is "to be announced" plus they don't post prices. Zen-Fire does not have history going to long.

From this I guess one can keep TS which gives you another platform. It is nice to be able to compare MC and TS to make sure your charts are plotting correctly. TS can be use in multiple computers for backtesting. The problem with TS is when a disconnect or at startup it takes for ever to lauch the desktops/workspaces. MC has a lighting speed to open charts plus it uses multiple CPUs.

Moscu

Well, I am going to be an heavy scalper sooner. I just need intraday tick-by-tick data, that's it! Also, Ninjatrader keeps up lovely with ZenFire while Multicharts does not backfill, but otherwise is fine. I am going to deal with futures as Eurostoxx50(FESX) and E-mini S&P500(ES) mostly. MirusFutures as a brokerage provides me with really good fees for intraday trading! Also, by opening a live account with MirusFutures(IB) thru the Rosenthal Collins Group(FCM) my money is held in BofA in London (I'm in Italy). The thing is, I have plenty of trading systems in Multicharts (dealing with intraday ticks) I may not want to move to NinjaTrader. I am running into many people claiming ZenFire does filter ticks...I still have no proof of that!

Best Regards,

Well, I am going to be an heavy scalper sooner. I just need intraday tick-by-tick data, that's it! Also, Ninjatrader keeps up lovely with ZenFire while Multicharts does not backfill, ...

Best Regards,

correction:

MultiCharts does backfill.

it is Zenfire that does not provide backfill data.

Ninja circumvent the shortcoming by saving the data in its own server and let you backfill from it.

p.s. Zenfire is beta testing backfill. It provides a day of tick and a week of minute data.

you have to call them to see how you can get on the beta.

Edited by Tams

I have been using MC now for a few weeks with DTN.IQ feed and all has worked out very well....I like the MC charting app a lot. Now if they can just build up Cumulative Delta candlesticks with 30 days of backfill for BID/ASK data offered through DTN I will be ecstatic......

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f110/multicharts-cumulative-delta-volume-analysis-8311.html#post101847

Zenfire does not filter ticks. As it uses UDP you might loose ticks. That is quite a different matter. It is also probably one of the most timely feeds available which is probably of greater importance than completeness to a scalper.

From their website :-

Zen-Fire provides unfiltered price data. This can easily be seen during active market periods such as economic releases, but is also visible during slower conditions when automated systems are seen rapidly placing and canceling orders at particular price levels. The “fluttering” can often cause the actual quantity to become a blur as it updates in real-time.