Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mima

Traders International

^^ BIG surprise here everyone...

Google that name and you are taken to a site that will be happy to take your thousands of dollars if you buy their junk.

Just when you thought a new person around here wasn't going to spam for a site.

Google that name and you are taken to a site that will be happy to take your thousands of dollars if you buy their junk.

He's not spamming anything. He's already made all of this clear in the Blue Wave thread. If you have issues with it, contact James.

Exacly Brownsfan,

He had it right most of the way with the prose...but alas..the wolfe took off the sheeps clothing...!

Geez Trust in this game is difficult to obtain (if that is what one wants) lots of hidden agendas...

At the end of the day one has to go with ones own judgements,abilities etc this is the old lesson instead of just grabbing for the first thing and hoping that Mother will take care of us...

Best

John

He's not spamming anything. He's already made all of this clear in the Blue Wave thread. If you have issues with it, contact James.

Or... I can post it here, in the open forum. That's an option as well DB!

PS

How's trading going? Still haven't seen any calls from you in the chat room after 3 weeks! ;)

Or... I can post it here, in the open forum. That's an option as well DB!

You certainly may. But the BWT thread has been around for three months, as has edabreu. If any of this is spam, then so is every other similar thread.

Didn't you ask what he is using? :confused:

I am disappointed!

Having shared your wisdom, y stoop so low and recommend bluewave.

I didn't want to recommend anything unless someone wants a recommendation. Keep in mind that any recommendation is going to be what has worked for me. I still highly recommend you try the original approach which is to try and develop a combination that you define with a set of rules and see if you can get that to about 70% to first target. If I had to do it all over again I would do this first since it would have saved me a lot of money because even if I could not get a good set going, it would have forced me to learn all the current tools in-depth and hence been able to make a better decision once going to market to look for a pre-defined method and tool-set.

But here is my recommendation for the indicators and method that I have found to be the best.

#1 - Blue Wave Trading Precision Indicators

Hi All,

has anyone heard of "the trading authority" they offer training and offer a free 1 week access to the live room. Just wanted to know if anyone has any good or bad experiences with that company.

Hello

I did not like Traders International. I did not like their sales patter and I considered them very expensive.

Trading I have found out is very physiological it's the fear and greed which drives most traders to deviate from their trading plan.

I can only suggest you look at "The Trading Authority" Todd the person who runs it I believe is a very good trader. He will allow you access to his trading room for one week free of charge. And as he did for me give you a video to watch regarding one of his trading strategies.

The only complaint I have regarding Todd is his videos not all but some can be 3 hours long. But there are gems of wisdom in every one of them.

http://www.thetradingauthority.com/

Make up your own mind by visiting his trading room.

Eric

Hi ericbubb

did you do the course and if so ar you still trading their systems or have you evolved and build your own systems after the course?

Also did you find the knowledge and systems they provide to be accurate and profitable?

I logged in to their live room for the trial but most of that stuff is above my head at the moment so i dont really understand what it going on.

Edited by dingo2009

Dingo

I am doing the course with "The Trading Authority" it's a 5 month course. I would say full time as there is so much to read and so many videos to watch.

Plus from 8:15am to 12:00am CST or 1:15PM to 4:00PM GMT there is the trading room to attend.

You start trading live after about 2 months.

One of the items you learn from the course is the "trading system" is not the most important part of trading. It's possible to make a profit with even the weakest of "trading Systems".

The most important items are "money management" and the "Physiology of Trading" (Translated as stick to your trading plan) the fear and Greed of trading.

Todd has about 3 - 4 trading systems which he expects his trainese to select 2 from and learn to the point it becomes second nature.

And his trainese have to test their chosen system then create a trading plan from that testing. Then paper trade the trading plan.

The only item I have against Todd is the videos which can be 3 hours long and he does repeat the same stories time and again. Todd time keeping requires improving as he will keep the class waiting for 3/4 of an hour starting late not funny as far as I am concerned but Todd does extend the end period of the class to compensate. But this is not always convient for me.

Yes I am happy with "The Trading Authority" I did one day test trading using a trend following system of Todd's made lots of trades made a few mistakes and ended up at the end of the day with a good paper profit. Making more in that day than I have ever made as an IT consultant contractor.

Yes Todd's systems do work but it's the Money Management and Physiology of Trading which matter more. And this is what Todd concentrates on to the point of sickness.

Try "the trading Authority" for a week free you will learn something for sure.

Regards

Eric

Traders International among other things, seems very pricey to me. They say all ya have to do is ..point and click --easy "mouse money" If only LOL!

I like the free (ensign)PA only room.

They use free Ventrilo for voice and stick

with AL Brooks minimalist approach.

here's a few links

Setups

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting

swf slideshow

larger file

free small swf player

To ask for permission/password to join the room!

digitdog

@ aol.com

And there are many other free rooms out there!

Good Luck!

Hi

I do not like "Traders Internationl". And did not join them.

They seem expensive and for a slang expression "Wide"

They have been involved with court cases with their traders who carry out the trade calling.

I joined "The Trading Authority" now I been with them for 4 months I would not recomend them to any body either. I paid in advance for the tuition and trading stratergy. The tuition is OK but the videos lasting 3 hours are just to long. Todd just likes to hear his own voice. I down loaded every video that the "Trading Authority" supplied it's impossible to watch them all as they are to long and repeat the same stuff with the same storys time and time again.

What I hold against the Trading Authority is that Todd Trading Stratergy is the TaTi

"Trading Authority Trend indicator" I back tested it for 3 months worth of data. (Had to buy the data) found it was only 45% correct in it's trades indicated. Then forward tested the TaTi for 2 moths (In Test) and came out with a big negative account.

The TaTi works well when there are strong trends and a lot of action but when there is a low and medium activity it just loses money.

There are other traders on the internet who charge monthly for their training.

Larry Pesavento & Trading Tutor - Fibbonacci Ratios with Pattern Recognition :: Home being one I have met Larry in London and spoken to him on the phone. But never subscribed to his servises. but at least you have not paid $3000.00 in advance as I did to the "Trading Authority"

Traders could join a user group

Big Mike's Trading Blog

Big mike ask but does not demand $20 a month to join his group. There are some perks if you do subscribe.

But at least I am profitable now with a very basic trading stratergy based on the MACD and a couple of trend lines. At least the "Trading Authority" taught me how to test and what tradning was about. But I would not join them knowing what I know now.

Good luck

With your trading

The trading strategy(s) you utilize is completely up to you. Traders International may seem expensive, but you are buying into a BUSINESS. Most businesses cost upward of $100,000 (AUS) to set up (how much do u think it costs to start a simple corner store). On top of that, it is completely liquid, meaning, u can sell it in a short space of time (providing u can find a buyer), something you can't do with a physical business. Not every systems works for everyone.

I have tried many other systems and been sorely disappointed, but Traders International works for me (have been with them for over 18 months), but it may not be for you. It is up to you what you decide on. Trading will take time and money, there is no easy way about it. You will have losses and gains, this is fact.

If you don't treat trading as a business, don't waste your time, money and effort as you will be sorely disappointed. Find someone who trades for a living (and I don't mean someone who spends every waking moment on a forum or chat room talking about what works and what doesn't) ask them what use, try it out and see if it WORKS FOR YOU. This will take trial and error.

I love TI (traders international) and my trading plan based on their system works for me very comfortably, but this took MONTHS of paper trading to get it right. Maybe a good idea to get hold of a copy of Trading in the Zone (Mark Douglas), the information contained therein is priceless.

Enough from me, I have money to make and a holiday to take.

Good luck and happy trading.

this is the best advice i can give you from my experience dont settle for anything less!

I have done it and i have lost $5000 before i admitted to my self i help and a plan.

Now i am profitable in the market and it didn't take me years.

Just make sure the company that you choose for your education is trust worthy and paying for education is not a bad thing.

when you look for a course look for these things;

- they should teach you multiple systems trend and counter trend

- anything over $5000 is too much

- they should give you at least 4 to 5 month access to they live trading room anything less than that is a ripoff, TI offers 5 weeks in a live trading room and then you pay $299 a month for the room that's bullsh!t you cant learn to trade in 5 weeks.

- you NEED i cant stress this enough at least $5000 to start trading other wise you wont be able to hold out is your system has a bad week or so.

- if the sales person tells you you can start trading with less than $5000 they are lying

- If the focus of education Company is on how much you could make a day, week or month RUN that means they are just sweat talking you.

- The education should focus on trading skills, money management and psychology, NOT some magic indicator.

- If they say you can trade 2h a day and make money WRONG, they are talking trash. It takes alot of hard work to test your systems and analyze the market. It took me about 7h a day in my first few months to get things ready before i went live.

Those TI fools claim you can just sit back and wait for an entry signal this is just to funny, why dont they run an investment fund if they are so successful? because they are not profitable at all and only make money from course fees.

One thing you should know; You and your money will be parted eventually, be it because you enter the market and loose it or on education all you can do it make sure you get the most for your money and TI is not it.

I agree with eric about the course he did it teaches good trading skills but the course if very bias towards one system and the course doesn't go into the heavy knowledge, it is focused towards new and intermediate traders.

good luck all

Say what u want about TI. I make money from it (I trade independantly). I only trade 2 hours a day, anymore than that is a waste of time. Yes, I do wait for the right signal to come up, but it beats working 8 hours plus per day. Quit moaning about companies u don't know and don't give a shit about. It took me a long time to come up with my trading plan as well, and I paid$7500 AUS for the course....in my own personal opinion, money well spent, as I don' need to work for a boss anymore. U can all argue all you like about who is better and who is worse, arguing about it ain't gonna make u money. Find a professional who is already trading and copy them, otherwise GET A LIFE.

Over and out.!!

PS. On that note, I ain't coming back to this forum, cause all you hear is complaining and whinging about one thing or another.

I'm outta here.

PPS. Trading is not supposed to be complicated. I trade with two indicators, and I'm make a damn good living from it.

That's great if it works for you. But you dont see anyone else here going on about big sales pitch for a company, all we say is what to look for and honestly you need to think again if you are trying to convince anyone that you trade 2 hours a day and make a dam good living. Thats just TI propaganda

I don't need to convince anyone of anything. I know how much I make, I know how little time I spend making it. I don't care about sales pitches or other "propaganda", it was it is. If you chose not to believe me, it's no sweat off my nose, I'm not the one busting my ass for making an employer rich.

I'm taking the summer off from trading (the S&P 500 gets very quite during this period), but what I'll do is when I resume trading again, I'll record my trading sessions and put them on youtube, just to make my statement about what I do, and how I do it (not that anyone could care less anyway)(I'll even give you my trading plan as well).....and it won't cost you a damn thing.

Dingo thanks for the info you posted about selecting a course, i have looked into TI and they appear to be very good but after i asked some of the questions you mentioned the whole deal is rubbish.

First of all they dont let you download the training videos they say you can use some desktop recorder to get around it but that's not the point, if im not getting any training materials what the hell am i paying for.

And your comment about the 5 weeks live trading room access totally killed the deal for me, i think im switched on but i know i wont be able to learn to trade in 5 weeks.

The entire TI program seems to be just out to take your initial $7000 and then your on your own after 5 weeks.

Traders International

Can anybody tell me about these people.

Has anybody used them to learn ?

I did the T.I. course/room years ago, along with many other courses, and have been involved in several other trading rooms and know many other traders that have gone down this same path.

The biggest issue with trading "signal" rooms or somebody teaching you a specific system is it probably wont suite your trading psyche or style. Thus the claims of their "returns" are not worth considering, what you are looking for is the parts of what they teach which you can adapt to form your own system (as franandtaylor stated). I did adapt some of their ideas into tradable systems.

As others stated their is nothing brilliant about thir system, it is very basic, and not worth the money they charge in my opinion. Their moderators change from time to time (or time of day) as well, so again one or another may not suite your trading style. I also wouldn't consider it a mentorship style course, it's not very personal as they are pumping through large numbers of people on a regular basis (the McDonalds of trading education, but with a four star price).

There are far better courses out there for less money offering far more information than a focused single instrument solution (although they are on the FX train as well now, I haven't looked into this though).

One of the biggest issues with trading is finding a mentor that you can relate to, and without having to pay huge ongoing fees for the privilege. :missy:

I have done the tours of the "Trading Authority" and "On line Trading Accademy"

The "On Line Trading Accademy" is alot of money and not worth it.

The "Trading Authority" teaches how to trade and to test a trading stratergy.

Unfortuneatly the stratergy "Trading Authority" pushes is the TaTi. I backed tested it for 6 months then forward tested it. And came to the conclusion it was not a profitable trading stratergy it has big draw downs 8-9K at a time.

Knowing now what I know I would subscribe to

Big Mike's Trading Blog

You can pay a little to enter the back room or just be an ordinary member with no charges.

They are traders and a very frendly bunch.