Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Well I mean he followed the average then the stocks that aligned themselves w the average that were ready to move. Wasn't asking about wyckoff specifically but more about the principles. So if I was interested in trading stocks within lets say the Nasdaq I would follow the trend of what? The composite? If its strong find the sectors are strong then the stocks that are poised for an advance?

The principles are provided in Section 8. Begin with the market, in your case the Naz. And since the Naz has become a technology market, there's really no need to look at the other eight sectors. So look at the groups within the Technology sector (2) and the subgroups within each group (7 ttl).

Or go bottom up: find the stock thru some scan or other, then look at its subgroup, then its group.

Dear All,

I take time to study quite much method and trading system. But most of them is not suitable for me. Until now I only use Wyckoff method, it is the best method and the best trading system I know. I am really fascinate on this method and I still on the way to understand more about Wyckoff method.

For the short term trading (4 day to three weeks), Wyckoff is really helpful, it helps me detect quite exact turning point and make profits for me. But it have some problem with intermediate trend and long term trend.

If index move sideway and then take off we can calculate the index target point and follow the trend until the supply over come demand. But some time market don’t move in sideway or only move sideway shortly, it make me in trouble . I am not sure how far market will go and which strategy I should use? You know strategy for the short term rally and long term trend is different. If market is rally in short, I will select high beta and high sensitive stock. if market is intermediate or long term trend, I will select stock in the Rhythm of market (good FA will plus point).

Please kindly give me a helps for my problem

Many many thanks for your helps

Since your questions are general, I can provide only general answers.

Trend is trend. It doesn't matter what your timeframe or bar interval is. If your stock is ranging, then the "trends" within the range are bound by the limits of the range. If it isn't ranging, then the stock is free to trend for as long as buyers are willing to buy.

Since your questions are general, I can provide only general answers.

Trend is trend. It doesn't matter what your timeframe or bar interval is. If your stock is ranging, then the "trends" within the range are bound by the limits of the range. If it isn't ranging, then the stock is free to trend for as long as buyers are willing to buy.

Hi DbPhoenix,

i know this question is quite general and it is also a difficult subject.

i mean that short term: 4 day to 3 weeks, intermediate 3 weeks to 3 month, long term: longer than 3 month and i only use the daily chart for my analysis.

i am sure that you know the important roles of determination trend is short term, intermediate term or long term. if we know the rally is intermediate trend, we will hold the stock and don’t sell when trend show the weakness and may will reaction but if we think it is short term trend we will sell if we see some weakness in trend.....

in the past, i just trade short term even market trend is long term ( i search on stock market, find out which stock is have SOS and buy it) it is safe but when i review my trading i see that it it better if i hold some stock rhythm of the marker. i think i should change my strategy.

really, Wyckoff give us clue if market lateral for a time and we can calculate the target from trading range but if market dont be lateral or lateral shortly we can not count target exactly so we dont not know that rally is intermediate trend or not.

i hope you and other experience trader here will give me a helps on this problem.

Yes, I understand the difference between short, intermediate, and long term. But as regards trade management, it doesn't make any difference. What you think is irrelevant. Whether or not you decide to exit based on a change in trend on the daily chart while the trend is still intact on the weekly depends entirely on your risk tolerance and, possibly, how fearful you are. If you did not decide before you entered where your danger point was, then decide now. If you're already past it, get out. Whatever targets you may have come up with and whether or not you reached them is beside the point.

Yes, I understand the difference between short, intermediate, and long term. But as regards trade management, it doesn't make any difference. What you think is irrelevant. Whether or not you decide to exit based on a change in trend on the daily chart while the trend is still intact on the weekly depends entirely on your risk tolerance and, possibly, how fearful you are. If you did not decide before you entered where your danger point was, then decide now. If you're already past it, get out. Whatever targets you may have come up with and whether or not you reached them is beside the point.

Dear DbPhoenix,

I got the point. I am just currious to to know that: at the beginning of rally. does you have any guidelineto determine this rally is short term or long term?

Thanks you

Dear DbPhoenix,

I got the point. I am just currious to to know that: at the beginning of rally. does you have any guidelineto determine this rally is short term or long term?

Thanks you

No. There's no way of knowing. Look at today's action in the NQ. All one can do is follow the trend and the waves.

Incidentally, those who do all their analysis in hindsight will give you all sorts of reasons why such and such did so and so, but ask them to do it in real time.

Here's something to look forward to. AAPL has been mentioned by quite a few on this thread. V was also mentioned a month or more ago. In any case have a look. Keep an eye on the Nasdaq as a weakness in general market conditions is hard to oppose by any individual stock.

One stock is possibly attempting to reverse a downward trend while the other is continuing with it. Which one would you choose to go long if the signal arrives? Why?

attachment.php?attachmentid=35562&stc=1&d=1364395093

attachment.php?attachmentid=35563&stc=1&d=1364395093

Gringo

5aa711d20a795_AAPLDaily.png.425dfb2885d1b42826e8c5c84cf7a3e5.png

5aa711d210b62_VDaily.png.65c388a56579e2b414b999eb999a0e15.png

Edited by Gringo

Keep in mind, though, that AAPL is not just any given individual stock. Along with GOOG, MSFT, QCOM and ORCL, it IS the Nasdaq. So following all five of these will give one some perspective on the Naz's future.

NQ

attachment.php?attachmentid=35614&stc=1&d=1364900247

Thanks DB, did not realize at first that although buyers have been making HLs the strength of the advance has been fading for a while.

After sellers managed to take prices down yesterday we are still within the boundaries of the TR (Ninja´s historical data looks different from investing.com) and still no LL, so the uptrend still holds. Looks like the MP of the Aug-Oct TR is providing important R. If sellers manage to hold and a LH is achieved then a break of DL would be the trigger to take a short. If buyers manage to break the ascending SL from Jan it would also mark a HH and as we would still be under the MP of the TC a new long could be taken.

CL

attachment.php?attachmentid=35615&stc=1&d=1364900247

After a strong down move yesterday, sellers found S at the bottom of the TR around 96. We are still overbought but the uptrend still holds and no LH is on the way so no short could be taken around these levels.

As for a long we are way past that, just wait and see.

5aa711d3ebe16_NQ06-13(Daily)13_03_2012-03_04_2013.thumb.jpg.da82d5eaf73133a05aaf6d000339514f.jpg

5aa711d40125a_CL05-13(Daily)24_03_2012-03_04_2013.thumb.jpg.9c2e2b94baa66e0f784fc5f466df8fcc.jpg

CL

attachment.php?attachmentid=35616&stc=1&d=1364901518

A strong recovery came after S was found around SH of march 26th, the HL above the MP of the last swing was a sign of strength, but the lack of FT above PDH is something to watch from now to the open. We could be at the beginning of a new uptrend leg if PDH is broken and the HL holds or we could be entering the chop longer term in which case we would deal with and inside day. After the break below the DL looks like the LOLR is still up, but given the fact that we are overbought, R can come around these levels easily starting with the MP of the TR at 97.6.

Things to do:

If PDH holds, short a LH in a smaller interval, if PDH is broken take the first RET.

NQ

35618d1364901586-auction-market-theory-wyckoff-way-discussion-nq-06-13-60-min-02_04_2013.jpg

Buyers stalled around the premarket high yest and a strong sell off came after the PMI data, although the W trader would have taken the long at the REV from R before the data was released (see Dbs post). After the strong down move buyers provided S as expected at the bottom of the TR and around the TL.

At the time of this post we are at the Top of the TR where buyers have appeared to be stalling after a strong recovery during the morning.

We will have to sit and wait for a REV around R at 807 or a continuation of the upmove above R in which case we will still have plenty of R from previous TRs and PDH.

Things to do:

Short a REV at R

Go long on a RET at the break of PDH.

5aa711d40a63b_CL05-13(60Min)02_04_2013.thumb.jpg.3ec41b64ab67c2e74b1ca421e2994728.jpg

5aa711d413e2d_NQ06-13(60Min)02_04_2013.thumb.jpg.c2fb31b727395720235324ae83180d06.jpg

Edited by Niko

If you're asking generally, see Section 15 of the course. If you're asking specifically, post your chart.

And human error is always a factor. It can however be minimized if ego is not a factor as well.