Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

Myers Brigg Personaity Test

Came across this

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The results surprised me a little. I thought I was more of a thinker and much less intuitive.

Your Type is

ENTP

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

56 88 12 78

One of the links suggests aptitudes for careers. I treated it as a bit of fun though tried to answer honestly (some answers would depend on mood somewhat) be intrested to see how you guys score :)

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

89 50 62 44

I've taken this test a few times before.. even had an FBI agent friend of mine administer the official G-man version of it once. It always comes up the same; INTJ.

At Thanksgiving Mom was doing her annual boohooing about not having any grandkids. I told her it was her own fault for raising 3 of 4 kids to be INTJs. What are the odds of that?

From your link:

[iNTJs] are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population

ISTJ

Thanks for the link.

MY RESULTS...

Your Type is

ISTJ

Introverted 56

Sensing 1

Thinking 38

Judging 67

ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey

ISTJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™

ISTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert

* slightly expressed sensing personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* distinctively expressed judging personality

My Type is ENTJ

Extraverted 33%

Intuitive 100%

Thinking 1%

Judging 33%

I am

* moderately expressed extravert

* very expressed intuitive personality

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

I am a little surprised at the 100% intuitive and the 1% thinking but there you go :)

Paul

I wonder whether certain personality types tend to have particular common obstacles to overcome in their trading careers or whether certain personalities are more suited to particular approaches?

I should mention that I got the link from an outfit called Willmot a quantitative finance portal. (not sure how I got on there mailing list). They are asking their members to fill in a form on their site to get an idea of personality types amongst quants.

I am INTP - Intoverted Intuitive Thinking Percieving

When I click the type description by Dr. Keirsey he explains it on an example of architect. Funny because I have a master degree in civil engineering and studied architecture, too. I worked in building planning company for 3 years. Sometimes when I am desperate in my strategy development I think I should have stayed with that job. Now I have another argument for it :)

ISTJ

I cannot imagine an extrovert daytrading. One of the great joys of trading is that I don't have to screw with anybody! No managers, no employees. Just me and the cat, sipping hot chocolate and doing battle with the forces of darkness that want to take my money.

ISTJ

I cannot imagine an extrovert daytrading. One of the great joys of trading is that I don't have to screw with anybody! No managers, no employees. Just me and the cat, sipping hot chocolate and doing battle with the forces of darkness that want to take my money.

lol that cracked me up, i feel the same way...but with a dalmatian.

Anyways I'm an INTJ. I've taken this test a few times in my life and I've gotten different results a few times. I was an ENTP first, than an INTP, now I guess im an INTJ. I think it has to do with what im involved in at the time, now of course is trading, hence the J which I think lends itself to the analytical, methodical part of my i have developed for trading.

ISTJ

Your Type is ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

78 50 25 33

Whatever your type is the important thing is to know how to spot your weaknesses and overcome them. As an example I have CNBC (Noise) on in the background, I also talk on the phone with other traders looking for setups, After exiting a trade I walk away from the computer and talk wit hmy lovely wife.

Being a certain tyype doesnt exclude you from trading, when someone does nothing to adjust for it that is where the problem is.