Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

stevenann

Trading Platform

I can recommend two:

Interactive Brokers Trade Workstation ("Booktrader") has full DOM functionality.

For other brokers, Zeroline trader provides good functionality.

FYI, Infinity futures has just released a new platform on 11/17. It is "ATV3".

I haven't used it , but Infinity's previous platform was excellent, quick and the data is firstrate.

There are other decent platforms, but this will get you started.

Edited by carlo109

What is the best trading platform for e-mini's?

TradeStation works fine for me, although since the Russell Eminis migrated to ICE the data feed on TradeStation has not been very good. But on the ES the NQs and the EMDs, Tradstation works fine for us.

TradeStation has a bit of a learning curve. If you use it to trade 10 or more emini contracts per month it is free, only the exchange data fees. It has plenty of support forums with downloadable indicators and strategies. They also tout their training classes. I attended one on strategy trading and was not impressed. It was too basic. And I think they wanted folks to sign up for one of their more expensive easy language coding classes. If you are a coding geek you might enjoy TradeStation. I am just a bottom line-oriented trader.

I like tradestation for charts and data and Infinity for execution.

+1

But I've had my fair share of data problems on tradestation. Specifically after big announcements followed by insane volume moves.

Another idea is NinjaTrader with a specific data feed. I really like their charts, and it's really easy to use. You could combine that with a broker like Infinity, Interactive Brokers, etc.

I can recommend two:

Interactive Brokers Trade Workstation ("Booktrader") has full DOM functionality.

For other brokers, Zeroline trader provides good functionality.

FYI, Infinity futures has just released a new platform on 11/17. It is "ATV3".

I haven't used it , but Infinity's previous platform was excellent, quick and the data is firstrate.

There are other decent platforms, but this will get you started.

Is Interactive Brokers Trade Workstation free ?

Is Interactive Brokers Trade Workstation free ?

Yes, this is how you enter orders with IB if you don't use any 3rd party order management applications. Of course you would need an account with them to use it.