Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Pocoyo

Recommended Broker for Futures Day Trading

commissions;

infinity futures............es............4,80

openecry...................es............4,88

are these prices correct?

Did you ask Infinity and OEC?

commissions;

infinity futures............es............4,80

openecry...................es............4,88

are these prices correct?

I was quoted $3.xx a few weeks ago from OEC - that was on the on-line quote generation tool.

YES

these prices give to me the comercials from both brokers for emimi sp just few weeks ago.:confused:

s2

If this is the commission they have provided you when asked, why do you ask then if this is correct?

The only rates that really matter are the "all-in" rates, inclusive of commissions, exchange and/or NFA fees, and other miscellaneous broker charges (such as "overnight" handling fees).

Over the years I've used so many brokers but in recent years have stayed with Interactive Brokers. The universal account is what sold me - that and I literally cannot remember the last time I had a real issue with the connectivity/system or had any need to call them. It's not going to give you the warm and fuzzies working with IB, but you'll be confident with an account there.

On the forums besides the two you mention just above others that seem to be mentioned favorably include Mirus, AMP Futures and PFG.

I can highly recommend Infinity Futures. Excellent service, low commissions, and very nice trade platform. Any problems you can always reach somebody on the other end of the phone; very important if things go pear-shape.

If I remember correct on Ninja they lease for about $50 a month and lifetime was right about a grand. You will need data provided either by Kinetick or you can get the data from a broker compatible with Ninja. Probably best for most to try the free download first and/or the monthly lease then move to the lifetime when you decide to commit to it long-term.

MMS

If I remember correct on Ninja they lease for about $50 a month and lifetime was right about a grand. You will need data provided either by Kinetick or you can get the data from a broker compatible with Ninja. Probably best for most to try the free download first and/or the monthly lease then move to the lifetime when you decide to commit to it long-term.

MMS

NinjaTrader is free and fully functional excluding live trading. If you wish to trade live, we charge as low as $50 per month for leasing or $995 for a lifetime license.

Specific details can be found here - NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase.

Kinetick market data service is free for EOD use (built directly into NinjaTrader 7) or starts at $50 per month for real time service.

Specific details can be found here - https://www.kinetick.com/purchase

NinjaTrader is free and fully functional excluding live trading.

So, if I just used it for charting or DOM view (what else if I cant trade?), would it still be free? no, because the exchanges would kill you for their market data revenue. So, rightly, you need to pass on exchange data fees if not trading on the data to the end user?

What do you charge for data, or am I missing something?

As much as I prefer Sierra Chart to Ninja I have to say that there isn't a problem there Dude.

Take my favourite broker, IB, and connect Sierra to IB and there are no data fees from the platform. For some things (like forex, hsi, spi and a few others) there are no fees even if you never ever trade. For many things the fees are covered as long as you make trades with a few dollars of commissions a week. For others like LSE there are quite substantial fees ... but they are from your broker or data source not from your trading platform anyway.

Sierra also include a number of free data options independent of your broker (or lack of one).

So, if I just used it for charting or DOM view (what else if I cant trade?), would it still be free? no, because the exchanges would kill you for their market data revenue. So, rightly, you need to pass on exchange data fees if not trading on the data to the end user?

What do you charge for data, or am I missing something?

NinjaTrader is a platform only and allows you to connect to a data source through either a market data vendor or a brokerage account.

- If you have a brokerage account that is supported by NinjaTrader --> You likely don't have to pay any market data fees

- NinjaTrader provides access to free EOD through Kinetick - Streaming real time quotes and historical market data or Yahoo Finance and Google

- If you need real time data and don't have a brokerage account then yes, you would have to shell out some cash. We prefer Kinetick - Streaming real time quotes and historical market data but you can also use eSignal or IQFeed.

velocity futures connected via TT to sierra chart is a nice combo.

3.5 / rt for es

i believe sierra has since introduced rithmic feed via optimus as well but i haven't tried it

I've used a handful of brokers, the one that stood out the most was Infinity Futures. As close to TT as you can get without the $1500/mo, here's a free demo ( URL Deleted by Moderator ) Cunningham is a good clearing firm.