Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trader273

High and Low of User Input

Language: Easylanguage

Software: Open Ecry

Idea: Looking for a way to plot a dot at the high and low of whatever time I put in ( eg, High and Low for RTH only).

I know there are a lot of these types of indicators around, the only thing is that using OEC, it doesnt like the use of trendlines. So it would have to use plots. I found one that kind of does what I am looking for, but it takes the High of the Day ( starting at 12:00am). Tried a lot of different things, but no such luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Language: Easylanguage

Software: Open Ecry

Idea: Looking for a way to plot a dot at the high and low of whatever time I put in ( eg, High and Low for RTH only).

I know there are a lot of these types of indicators around, the only thing is that using OEC, it doesnt like the use of trendlines. So it would have to use plots. I found one that kind of does what I am looking for, but it takes the High of the Day ( starting at 12:00am). Tried a lot of different things, but no such luck.

Any help is appreciated.

So... are you after a dot to plot for the high & low of the day (RTH hours only ) .... or..... to plot a dot for the high & low of the bar for the specific time you enter ?

So... are you after a dot to plot for the high & low of the day (RTH hours only ) .... or..... to plot a dot for the high & low of the bar for the specific time you enter ?

I would like it plot a dot for the High and Low of start and end time that I have the ability to modify.

For example:

Time Start: 930

Time End: 1615

That would plot a dot for the highest high and highest low for that time.

I would like it plot a dot for the High and Low of start and end time that I have the ability to modify.

For example:

Time Start: 930

Time End: 1615

That would plot a dot for the highest high and highest low for that time.

No Probs, here you go :

Inputs:

StartTime(0933), { you'll have to use the closing time of the bar }

EndTime(1030);

vars:

HH(0),LL(0);

If Time =StartTime then begin

HH=High;

LL=Low;

end;

If Time > StartTime and Time <= EndTime then begin

If High > HH then HH = High;

If Low < LL then LL = Low;

end;

If Time >= EndTime then begin

Plot1(HH,"HighestHigh");

Plot2(LL,"LowestLow");

end;

A little tip....... if you only want it to plot once rather than every bar after the end time, then use this line "If Time = EndTime then begin...."

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Blu-ray,

Looks good so far. Just wondering if there was a way to do the following:

2aijb0p.png

So instead of only plotting the High and Low when the end time is reached, it plots the High and low during that time in real time?

If not, not a huge deal. Thanks for the help.

Sure, just modify these lines :

If Time >= EndTime then begin <<<<<<< Delete this line

Plot1(HH,"HighestHigh");

Plot2(LL,"LowestLow");

end <<<<<<< Delete this line

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray