Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

captjoe

Zig Zag Indicator

Has anyone tried and been successful using this indicator? I've been playing around with it for a few weeks and it appears to be useful on longer time frames like the daily and weekly. I try to use it to point to swing highs and lows and tweak the setting to curve fit a particular security. Any input would be helpful. Thanks In Advance.:missy:

Current I working a basic A, B, C wave move. Looking for a failure of a new high or a new low. You can set the parameters of the Zig zag to trace the price movement. As I attempt to recognize the price movement I use it help track the past moves to confirm a failure. Of course a trend line you can do the same but in longer term charts I’m looking for a past pattern to show itself again it help anticipate an entry into a position. I’ve seen some written material somewhere last week and if I can locate the link I will post it here.

Just be careful with the indicator. It look amazing on static, historical charts, but real time it lags a lot and can only identify the swings after it was formed. Just monitor it real time for a day on intrady charts and you will see what I mean.