Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

captjoe

Tradestation

I've been a user of tradestation for a number of years. Sometime changing brokers overtime especially when one becomes familar with the charting tools and layouts over time. I'm using TOS as a new account and wanted to get a feel for any other users on this forum that could comment on their service.

I think the OP was asking about going from TS (Tradestation) to TOS. IMO, the two platforms are totally different.

TOS is ThinkorSwim, somewhat of an options oriented brokerage. I had an equity account with them a while back. I didn't really find them very useful and while the platform had some useful options tools, it wasn't very programmable. They had a rudimentary autotrading system based on a list of proprietary signals generated by services such as Redoption, which is one of their subsidiary. Some of their affiliated signal providers were awful, but TOS do this in order to promote their platform.

Customer service was slightly above average, but not much more. They didn't have a very good futures trading platform.

Any thoughts on how TOS compares with IB (interactive brokers)? I used to have an IB account years ago, and after an initial steep learning curve, found them to be very good. I see that IB though have increased there account minimums now. TOS I believe don't have account minimums other than an initial opening figure.

helitrader