Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cowboy_town

Paint Bar Factory

Yes I am wondering the same thing!

I have seen another forum that has a link to a free PBF download. I was surprised when PBF entered the forum.

This is one quote from PBF

10-09-08 07:07 AM

Hello,

A customer sent me the link to this page, thought I'd add my two cents. This is "PBF".

First of all, thank bodysculpts, tradeanc, and NonBreedBoy#2 for your support. I don't know who you are or when you requested charts from me, but I am truly grateful and happy to see that there are still many honest people out there. Secondly, I would urge people, please get your facts right before posting in a public forum. *I* personally coded all these indicators myself. It took me a long time and a lot of effort. I have no clue what you are talking about in referrence to "previous vendor" or "free open market", etc. I am in Chicago, not in Asia. I did go on vacation and spent a month this year in Asia though. I have several customers from Asia, and I am pretty sure one of them bought my package, opened the codes, and was selling them for more than what I offer, even charging an annual fee after the first year to keep the indicators working from what I heard. I know this because a customer in Asia was approached by this person, and was shocked when he found my website later on: Same charts! Gladly, he is an honest person and he chose to go with me. Not to mention the support and upgrades I offer for free.

Over the years, I have coded more than 100 indicators. Most of them didn't survive on my chart for more than 5 minutes. Only the useful ones are shared on the website. I answer emails promptly, as soon as the markets close at 4ET. Though you probably won't hear from me during market hours. I still want to focus on trading and growing my own accounts, the website is just a "side business". This is not how I "make money off the markets". The website is sort of "home-made", I don't collect email addresses, give special offers or promotions, I don't hire salemen or affiliates. It's a "believe it or not", "take it or leave it" deal. Besides, unless you trade without any indicator, or you have a way to trade with free lagging indicators with consistent results, you probably want someone who knows how to trade and how to code indicators to discover and show you a way to make consistent profit. After all, that is why we are here on the forums, right? I know I am all for it. If someone can show me a better indicator or a better, easier way than my system to trade the markets, I will be happily paying him or her for the effort. But because of a few dishonest people, while I have developed at least 3 more excellent indicators this year which I use to trade daily and compliment the system, I just don't want to post them on the website and share them any more. I feel discouraged. I won't say it's everyone's loss, that's simply not true, and I am sure there must be other great systems out there, but I know I didn't lose anything. Let other geniuses make the world a better place, until they are also discouraged. Then I guess it would be time for everyone to learn how to code, and figure things out on their own, hopefully, before the fifth time their accounts are wiped out...........

.........Just to save $500!

You don't have to like what I say, but it is from my heart. Just from a humble "vendor's" point of view.

Thanks for reading! Good Trading everyone!

Sincerely,

PBF

I am interested in The PBF squeeze and have sent emails asking if it would work on Ninja Trader, but found it worked with only 3 trade stations. I was surprised by their quick reply each time. This is an insert of one reply

We have no plan on coding the software for Ninja Trader in the near future. The truth is, I have tried, for an hour,then gave up! The coding language is just too different and I have many other commitment that requires my time which prevent me from learning about it.

The MCFX Pro, as far as I understand, is for Forex only. So depending on what you trade. It is similar to MultiCharts,and MultiCharts is also similar to TradeStation. Which one is easier to set the Squeeze indicator on? LOL! They are all the same. You right click on a chart, click "add analysis techniques", find "PBF_Squeeze", click okay, that's it!

They all work the same way! I don't think there is any difference in this regard!!

Thanks! Good Trading!

PBF

This indicator can be helpful in conjunction with a basic understanding of price action, but I suggest you not clutter up your workplace with too many of these types of tools.

This indicator can be helpful in conjunction with a basic understanding of price action, but I suggest you not clutter up your workplace with too many of these types of tools.

But if you have an understanding of price action, you won't need the indicator anymore...

I have been looking at this product for 2 days. I am new to traiding and am getting involved once I learned that our stocks fell and we lost 10's of thousands of dollars in the last 6 months. I wonder is long term investing is wise any more. I will start with paper trading regular stocks in a trial account, then move in with real money. Forex would be after that once I learn on the regular stocks. This program seems to be the best one out there for me because it will help me buy and sell. The indicators are very clear and easy to understand. It takes the guesswork out and gives a safety net. The charts are beautiful the information is easy to assess. Candles are easy to read but can be misleading without the other indicators to give you an idea of what will happen next. It is visually simulating also. If I did not have indicators it may take me another 6 months to understand how to get up and running and in that time I could loose a lot of money trying to make money.

All the best. I don't know anything about trading. But I thought PBF looked pretty good too. I can tell you, that I have sent emails to PBF and each time they have replied quickly with helpful information.

I am in the process of looking for a platform that will allow me to playtrade for a while. The Paintbarfactory is a plug in to Tradestation, which for what I read requires a huge portfolio to join, MultiCharts which looks pretty good, and MCFXPro which seem a little to advanced for me. When I look at MultiCharts I see that there are a lot of charts available. What Paintbarfactory has is a professional who has sorted through all this stuff and put only what is pertinent on the chart. The cost, and correct me if I am wrong is about $2K, now I am not sure but I think at indicators and add ons are additional. To create all of the charts on his site you would have to spend $3.5K. Hey is is way over the top for me and I may not be able to do this now because I need that money to invest. As a beginner can you suggest a decent set up for me to get started? This is very confusing for me. I am a computer anylist but all of this is so new and there are so many options, I really want to get in and test the waters. Thanks.

Check out the " Various Indicators " thread in the indicator section...... I coded up a lot of their indicators... FOR FREE !

So save your money, yes they look great on PBF's website with red & green buy signals showing big easy moves, because the charts are HANDPICKED..... see how they cope in choppy periods and you'll find out the hard way that it's a totally different story.

So to sum it all up........Keep your hand in your pocket !

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Thanks for the advice and I will do just that. Paintbarfactory seems like a good program and perhaps I just love the color coding and how readible it is. But in fact TradeStation charts show the exact same information! Forex has a good trading CD set also, but I'm not doing Forex until I understand more. I will check out the trade indicators as you suggested on this forum. I really want to do this full time. Years ago I was a chart maker for a company Research Cottrell who makes cooling towers for nuclear power plant. I scheduled all of the engineering, drafteing and fabrication scheduling $10M a day. I am a scheduling engineer so I am up to the task. I think that if I am given a direction I can move with it, but the fact is, I am very confused as to which way to go. Thanks

Thanks for the advice and I will do just that. Paintbarfactory seems like a good program and perhaps I just love the color coding and how readible it is. But in fact TradeStation charts show the exact same information! Forex has a good trading CD set also, but I'm not doing Forex until I understand more. I will check out the trade indicators as you suggested on this forum. I really want to do this full time. Years ago I was a chart maker for a company Research Cottrell who makes cooling towers for nuclear power plant. I scheduled all of the engineering, drafteing and fabrication scheduling $10M a day. I am a scheduling engineer so I am up to the task. I think that if I am given a direction I can move with it, but the fact is, I am very confused as to which way to go. Thanks

I think the best thing to do is to read as much material as possible ( and there's thousands of it freely available ).... see what's best for you. You have to find what's comfortable for yourself, paper trade a system for a while, see if it suits you and go from there.

Just don't get sucked into buying this indicator or that system from whoever just because they say it's great..... and this leads me to the old and well used question........

If you had a winning system ( as easy as they say ) ..... would you sell it?

Of course not.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Quite a ways back, before I was committed to the idea of naked charts w/horizantal lines, I bought some PBF things.

Did it help me? Overall I didn't loose any money the period I tested it live. Did I make a killing? NO!!!! I think that was pure luck with a relatively small sample size to boot.

I was essentially letting the indicators guide me into trades in the middle of nowhere. Which was a bad strategy for me.

If I had combined PBF with some basic knowledge of S/R, I think I would have done quite well. But then again, it probably wouldn't have been the indicators doing the work, it more likely would have been the support and resistance. :confused:

I had this on MC, and compared it with the indicators Blu-Ray coded, and they literally are identical. With very small differences.

If anyone is still just dying to get these indicators, try the Blu-Ray version. I think if you really want to get better at trading, read the S/R threads throughout the forum, stare at the screen.........THEN contemplate using those indicators and see if they would keep you out of bad trades, or make it easier to pull the trigger.

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, i am off on holiday at this moment.

PBF squeeze is just an other tool, it can be useful as long as you understand the concept behind it. I am still using it with few others indicators but i am finding myself more and more moving toward Price action.

I am sure that the Blue ray version is good enough but for both version, one thing is sure, it is not the Holy grail.

Hope it help.

Regards,

Larry

…it can be useful as long as you understand the concept behind it

What are the concepts behind the PBF calculations? I only understood that it is completely different from the TTM Squeeze concept (Bollinger and Keltner etc.)

But I did not find how in the contrary the PBF- Squeeze is calculated?

Any information on that?

regards

Sweet n´Sour

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, i am off on holiday at this moment.

PBF squeeze is just an other tool, it can be useful as long as you understand the concept behind it. I am still using it with few others indicators but i am finding myself more and more moving toward Price action.

I am sure that the Blue ray version is good enough but for both version, one thing is sure, it is not the Holy grail.

Hope it help.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your time to reply...wish we were all on vacation!.. Can you give me the vendor names for Price Action and Blue Ray...I did a quick Google and came up with Forex Factory...for the first one, but was not sure if this is another generic indicator name, like there are several versions/vendors of "the squeeze".

Appreciation your assistance...

Many thanks once again.

Hello Trader12345,

Blu-Ray is one of our friends on this forum, who has put in extensive efforts to program multiple indicators. I am providing you with the link here:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/various-indicators-squeeze-2fastmas-etc-3688.html

For price action, please email me privately and I can give you the name of the mentors I use that I find excellent in my trading.

Can you reference some of the better ones you have used...thanks so much -!!

I think Blu-ray has done an accurate interpretation of PBF indicators. PBF does monitor this site and , I'd guess, offer some positive feedback under various names.

There are many good squeeze indicators on other sites (not to name any, but see the obvious). The holy grail, if its still sold, is pure crap.

If you have some decent coding experience then I believe Jurik is the way to go. I regret not buying his products sooner. Please note I have no relationship other than customer.

The JMA, RSX and CFB are all you need. Many pre-coded indicators come with each. There is great flexability in adapting code and combining indicators. Same for strategys.

Does this help?