Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cmrock

Clayburg Systems

I am familiar with Dr. Clayburg. He is very knowlegable and knows TradeStation and Easy Language very well. His systems are good. The only problem I have with him is that he raised the price of his Universal System from $1,500 to $7,500 after he started selling his software through Trade The Markets. Check out his free nightly seminar on TTM's web site.

Anyone here use Clayburg's Universal system of cluster system? I am thinking of buying one of the systems and wondered if others have found the systems profitable?

I have his universal system. It's quite profitable if you trade multiple instruments and miltiple timeframes. Big drawdowns but in the long run it's very profitable.

You can lease the universal system and have the first few payments count towards the purchase price if that's what you decide.

This isn't my main way of trading but I do have it running in the background.

Anyone here use Clayburg's Universal system of cluster system? I am thinking of buying one of the systems and wondered if others have found the systems profitable?
Before spending $7500, you should research this on the Tradestation forum under the Clayburg DDF thread by Stratman which has some equivalent free open source code and discussion on the profitability and backtesting. I am assuming you are already a Tradestation user and have access to that forum because the Clayburg system ran originally on TS. It is worth a free trial of TS just to read all the discussion and get a more skeptical and independent view of some of the systems out there. Don't just accept some backtesting by the vendor on a relatively short period and expect the walk forward testing to validate their assumptions.

BTW, Dr. John Clayburg is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), not that there is anything wrong with that, except it did not give him a particularly special insight into trading system development.

If you're interested in the Universal system then don't bother reading up on the DDF system. It's really crappy.

The Universal $600 per month isn't that bad actually. I have it running on the 10 yr notes and it brings in $400 per day on just one contract. I've been running it since January and it forward tested very well.

This system is very demanding and requires the best dedicated internet connection you can buy. You will also need a computer-the fastest your $$ can buy and dedicate it to strictly trading. I was unable to us it because my internet was not dedicated and it only ran at 16MBPS. If you can get FIOS by Verizon I hear that will work.

I wasted a lot of $$ over this, I wish Clayburg would state this infomation t those interested in this system.

Good luck

This system is very demanding and requires the best dedicated internet connection you can buy. You will also need a computer-the fastest your $$ can buy and dedicate it to strictly trading. I was unable to us it because my internet was not dedicated and it only ran at 16MBPS. If you can get FIOS by Verizon I hear that will work.

I wasted a lot of $$ over this, I wish Clayburg would state this infomation t those interested in this system.

Good luck

This is untrue. I don't know how you set it up but it runs fine on my older P4 computer which has a shared connection.

It doesn't take anymore processing than a custom indicator.

Doesn't clayburg run all of his systems off a remote server somewhere so they are always up? I swear he mentioned that in one of his webinars or nightly videos.

I watch almost every video he puts out and his systems do work - there is no other word for them.

HOWEVER - to be truly effective you need to be able utilize them as he does by using multiple timeframes and instruments to hedge out risk against one another.

I think he trades like over 20 different timeframes and charts... and thats how he does so well over all IMO. But it also proves that it does work. If I had the account size to support it I would do it. Why not?

Hes closed out profits of over 120k a week and i've seen very few weeks where he loses money (and I think the most i've ever seen him lose is like 26k in a week).

Guest Robert70

I don't trade clayburg's universal but those who are thinking of doing so you might want to checkout Universal Clone.

They are developing a program which apparently mimics the Universal System. It's kind of cool to play with. Anyway, it's a free download (tradestation only) for their public Beta.

Rob

I don't think Cluster is as good as Universal. btw, I suggest that you have to adjust the Clayburg Universal results on the videos because his numbers are without slippage and commission. He justifies the no slippage because he says they are limit orders- but in the real world some of these won't get filled. I suggest $30 per RT. He trades about 700 contracts on the videos spreadsheet a day- so I believe he needs to make $21,000 per day to break even. I assume others will disagree....

I agree commission and slippage should be accounted for but 30/rt is pretty high wouldn't you say?

I brought up the 700 contract thing in another thread here and some one who was in with him as a memeber said he doesn't trade everything and only trades a few contracts each day but merely tracks everything in his videos...

I agree commission and slippage should be accounted for but 30/rt is pretty high wouldn't you say?

I brought up the 700 contract thing in another thread here and some one who was in with him as a memeber said he doesn't trade everything and only trades a few contracts each day but merely tracks everything in his videos...

I'm a member to his forums and he does NOT trade all those charts. He has hinted he only trades a few charts every day.

I was a member of his forum since it first opened, until very recently.

The reason I terminated my membership was that several of my responses to posted questions in the forum were being deleted by him. I had pointed out various discrepancies in his nightly videos, together with information regarding IBOG and how turning it off was more accurate but didn't produce nice looking equity curves. On several occasions I also mentioned the slippage and commission being omitted too.

I believe I contribute much to users of that forum, yet it appears HE is interested only in selling system. He would not allow my comments to be visible.

Marc

I watched one of JC's daily updates recently and see he has added "multisystems"- a Universal Multisystem and a Value Chart Multisystem. They each trade about 200 contracts a day, so the slippage and commissions would be significant. Even so, it looked as if the Value Chart was profitable.

Can anyone comment on their impressions?