Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dementyia

What's the Best Free Paper-trading Software?

So I'm ready to try this on, but I don't have a lot of cash to start with, so I can't get one of the "free-if-you invest-thousands-of-dollars-with-our-company" trading simulators.

Wat I'd like to know is which of the completely free paper-trading softwares are the best out there for both day and longer-term trading simulations?

Thank you for your suggestions in advance. *smile*

For intraday you could do worse than Ninjatrader. It has an OK simulator (the fills are somewhat realistic). The real bonus is you get free intraday data and free charting if you sign up for a demo with Mirus or Amp. If forex is your bag there are a variety of 'brokers' (most are not real brokers) that offer simulation, data and charts (many offer metatrader which is not bad at all though I hate the order entry and management). Alpari (a sponsor here) are as good as any it seems to me.

EoD can't really comment.

One of the best ways to get realistic fills is using Interactive Brokers paper trading account. You can set it up with bracket trader or something like that and use it as a regular account. You need another program for charting, Quotetracker will do just fine. Little or no cost.

For just futures, set up an account with Mirus or AMP and get Ninja or AMP global, (or Open-ecry), charts.

JEHs