Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

Some people never learn...

I am NOT playing anyone else's game. I post when, where and how I want to. If you don't like it, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to read my threads.

I have posted hundreds of FREE INDICATORS for MT4, TradeStation and eSignal over the past 10 years or so. You can still get them for FREE. I just posted a MOTHERLODE of FREE indicators not too long ago.

I am no longer an INTRODUCING BROKER ever since the law was changed requiring IBs to get a license.

My trading room was FREE and you could get LIVE CALLS.

Some people have nothing to contribute so they attack those who do.

How to understand and use frequency distribution in your trading.

=============================================

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

thought you might appreciate this.....

A single-celled, amoeba-like creature called a slime mold is capable of navigating through a maze to food, despite lacking a brain.

The slime mold leaves behind a trail of goo as it oozes along. That trail forms a kind of external memory system, according to a paper released today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The study showed that creatures that couldn’t use their slime as a marker spent almost 10-fold the amount of time exploring a maze to find food.

Slime molds avoid areas where their trail already appears unless there’s no unslimed area available, the authors wrote. That suggests the creatures use their goo as a marker for places they already know. The use of externalized memory may have been a first step toward the development of recollection in other organisms, the researchers said.

“Many insects, including species of ants, bees, and wasps, use landmarks to memorize their route to and from the nest,” the authors, led by doctoral student Chris R. Reid of the University of Sydney in Australia, wrote in the paper. “We go a step further by showing that even an organism without a nervous system can effectively navigate complex environments.”

Slime molds, which aren’t actually mold, spend the bulk of their lives as huge single cells containing many nuclei. This is called a plasmodium. It searches for food by contracting and expanding. When foods are nearby, the contractions speed up, causing the slime mold to flow toward the food. When salt or light is detected, the contractions slow, allowing the plasmodium to move away from irritants.

The species used in this experiment, Physarium polycephalum, originates in forests and can range in size from a few millimeters to more than 12 inches across, according to Washington University at St. Louis.

To contact the reporter on this story: Elizabeth Lopatto in New York at elopatto@bloomberg.net

thought you might appreciate this.....

A single-celled, amoeba-like creature called a slime mold is capable of navigating through a maze to food, despite lacking a brain.

The slime mold leaves behind a trail of goo as it oozes along. That trail forms a kind of external memory system, according to a paper released today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The study showed that creatures that couldn’t use their slime as a marker spent almost 10-fold the amount of time exploring a maze to find food.

Slime molds avoid areas where their trail already appears unless there’s no unslimed area available, the authors wrote. That suggests the creatures use their goo as a marker for places they already know. The use of externalized memory may have been a first step toward the development of recollection in other organisms, the researchers said.

“Many insects, including species of ants, bees, and wasps, use landmarks to memorize their route to and from the nest,” the authors, led by doctoral student Chris R. Reid of the University of Sydney in Australia, wrote in the paper. “We go a step further by showing that even an organism without a nervous system can effectively navigate complex environments.”

Slime molds, which aren’t actually mold, spend the bulk of their lives as huge single cells containing many nuclei. This is called a plasmodium. It searches for food by contracting and expanding. When foods are nearby, the contractions speed up, causing the slime mold to flow toward the food. When salt or light is detected, the contractions slow, allowing the plasmodium to move away from irritants.

The species used in this experiment, Physarium polycephalum, originates in forests and can range in size from a few millimeters to more than 12 inches across, according to Washington University at St. Louis.

To contact the reporter on this story: Elizabeth Lopatto in New York at elopatto@bloomberg.net

Interesting.. thanks

I want to try to convert to tradestation and they are all mq4

I think TRO writes in TradeStation as well as MT4 and you may find what you want already coded on his site. Have a look there and if no luck, I will try to help you.

Thanks for your reply, however tro quit ts a long time ago.Tro's work is top of the line stuff!I wish I had a converter program for different coding languages.peace

Ok, well, download a copy of metatrader, load all your indicators in there and then open the metatrader editor and you will see the code in whatever language you choose as metatrader has the facility for many different languages...

I think that is your best alternative.

I am sure that TRO will see this and comment if he feels necessary.

14sld87.jpg

I know it's been a while but I am pretty settled in at the ranch. Back to trading and coding on a regular recurring basis. Though my focus isn't on scalping since I am not online 24/7. Looking at simple entries over longer periods of time. Emphasis on statistical trading at HORIZONTAL LINES. No squiggleys needed.

And if you are looking for an argument, you won't get one. I don't have the time or bandwidth to spare.