Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

256xy1i.gif

1) Price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low (ClLo < 20): This is OPPORTUNITY

============================================

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the

forum. Thank you.

2ykgjh1.gif

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

idf8zo.jpg

1) price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS (INCLUDING SPREAD)

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

1hpcft.jpg

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run.

2lsbptk.gif

1) Price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low (ClLo < 20): This is OPPORTUNITY

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the

forum. Thank you.

6qfn1k.gif

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

34ht9if.gif

forum. Thank you.

33y76a8.gif

2nly2p3.gif

1) Price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low (ClLo < 20) - that is OPPORTUNITY

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

orilhf.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

=============================================

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

WHY ISN'T EVERYBODY DOING IT?

Most of you know I catch a lot of flak on my forums because SOME PEOPLE don't like the way I post.

One worn out argument that is used repeatedly is, "If this is so (simple, great, profitable, ), then why isn't everybody doing it?"

Simple answer is because SOYLENT GREEN is people!

We all know exercise is great, but how many actually exercise?

We all know smoking is bad, but how many do it anyway?

We all know which foods are bad for our health, but how many eat those foods?

We all know that we should save for our future and spend less than we earn but who does that?

The list is almost endless.

As long as there are people, there will always be some STUPID people and some smart people making STUPID decisions, where STUPID is defined as knowing better but acting otherwise.

Meanwhile, the RATS are still beating the Yale students.

66x84h.gif

mwqyd4.gif

Notice where the Daily Open was.

--------------------------------------------------------

p60qd.gif

Let's clear things up:

2) The "within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS. THINK ABOUT IT!!

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

34opwdt.gif

As many of you may know, I have moved back to my ranch. At the moment, I don't have 24/7 internet access due to the rural location. This will change my trading style. I will use the DAILY RAT and look for entry opportunities at/near the weekly open price and at/near the weekly ATR zones. I can set and forget these trades.

There are videos of the ranch on my YouTube channel. I'll be making a video on my new trading style soon.

In the chart above, the EURJPY had a RAT REVERSAL setup on the daily chart AND the entry was near the weekly open price. This is an example of the trades I will be doing.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

34opwdt.gif

As many of you may know, I have moved back to my ranch. At the moment, I don't have 24/7 internet access due to the rural location. This will change my trading style. I will use the DAILY RAT and look for entry opportunities at/near the weekly open price and at/near the weekly ATR zones. I can set and forget these trades.

There are videos of the ranch on my YouTube channel. I'll be making a video on my new trading style soon.

In the chart above, the EURJPY had a RAT REVERSAL setup on the daily chart AND the entry was near the weekly open price. This is an example of the trades I will be doing.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Nice one TRO, looking forward to more of your stuff :)

have you backtested the performance of buying within 20 pips of the previous daily low ?

as compared to buying within 20 pips of the current daily low

thanks

p60qd.gif

Let's clear things up:

I just don't get the methodology. Maybe its because I'm drunk but I read about 20 pages of TRO writing the same thing and posting charts. The charts posted make it seem like there is never a losing trade as does the title.

As far as I can tell there is no reasoning behind the methodology and no statistics to back up the "never lose again" claims. Its also not clear why your results would be effected by sticking with one direction only. If a green rat never loses and a red rat never loses then surely a green and red rat would never lose twice as much.

Also claims of having the longest threads on various sites seems mostly due to TRO posting incessantly in these touted threads. I'm sure his free indicators are worth the price and I do agree with the sentiment that one does not need indicators to trade.

have you backtested the performance of buying within 20 pips of the previous daily low ?

as compared to buying within 20 pips of the current daily low

thanks

No. I don't backtest. I trade in the moment.

I just don't get the methodology. Maybe its because I'm drunk but I read about 20 pages of TRO writing the same thing and posting charts. The charts posted make it seem like there is never a losing trade as does the title.

As far as I can tell there is no reasoning behind the methodology and no statistics to back up the "never lose again" claims. Its also not clear why your results would be effected by sticking with one direction only. If a green rat never loses and a red rat never loses then surely a green and red rat would never lose twice as much.

Also claims of having the longest threads on various sites seems mostly due to TRO posting incessantly in these touted threads. I'm sure his free indicators are worth the price and I do agree with the sentiment that one does not need indicators to trade.

I have posted FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTIONS showing the validity of THE RAT REVERSAL.

2012.06.27 DAILY RAT REPORT

2igkrgm.gif

AUDUSD showed a GREEN RAT REVERSAL at/near the weekly open.

GREEN RAT REVERSAL - LONG ENTRY CRITERIA:

1) RED CANDLE CLOSES

2) GREEN CANDLE CLOSES

3) PRICE TOUCHES HIGH OF PREVIOUS GREEN CANDLE - ENTER LONG. STOP LOSS IS ALWAYS 10 PIPS.

DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

================================================================

Let's clear things up:

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

3) The TRAINING WHEELS only signals LONG trades ABOVE the weekly open and SHORT trades BELOW the weekly above. This bias keeps beginning traders, as well as experienced traders, out of trouble.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS. THINK ABOUT IT!!

Hi Rumplestilskins

Your method is quite simple to follow

And its a scalp so brokerage must be minimal

I have two questions

If you have answered them elsewhere, please bear with me.

Is there a scientific reason why you can only trade in one direction?:question:

How did you decide on the grey lines every 25 pips/ points?:question:

kind regards

bobc

Is there a scientific reason why you can only trade in one direction?:question:

While only the rumpled one can answer questions about his own trading methodology, once you pick a direction, you must see the signal through until you have completed (either hit expected profit or loss). If you change directions mid-trade, then you cannot fully validate how the original signal would have performed.

I downloaded the .zip file and extracted it but do not know what software opens the files. I should take a look at what you have to offer since I am still $36,000 in the hole after 7 years of failed trading.