Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

For the rest of March, I will be using Twitter, FaceBook and some others sites instead of posting.

I want to learn and embrace the newer ways of disseminating information over the net.

You can folllow me, therumpledone, if you like.

In April, I'll decide if I will continue the newer ways.

dear rumpled,

for a long time i couldn't understand your posts because they were too simple.

if you had said " within 20 pips of the low of the daily bar " it would have made more sense to me.

anyway... i appreciate your posts.

all those forums who have banned you are insane.

i thought big mike's trading was a good site until i saw that they had banned you and a few other intelligent posters.

thanks

elo

dear rumpled,

for a long time i couldn't understand your posts because they were too simple.

if you had said " within 20 pips of the low of the daily bar " it would have made more sense to me.

anyway... i appreciate your posts.

all those forums who have banned you are insane.

i thought big mike's trading was a good site until i saw that they had banned you and a few other intelligent posters.

thanks

elo

Thanks for the hint about low of the DAILY BAR. Let's see if it helps others.

Please give me your opinion on trading without volume. Do you consider that volume is meaningless and for that reason you trade forex without reserve? Do you believe that you could trade another product better if you used your method and added a volume study to it? I guess I'm trying to see if you feel volume adds nothing to a probability based methodology. Thanks

Please give me your opinion on trading without volume. Do you consider that volume is meaningless and for that reason you trade forex without reserve? Do you believe that you could trade another product better if you used your method and added a volume study to it? I guess I'm trying to see if you feel volume adds nothing to a probability based methodology. Thanks

Unless the position size is extremely large, volume is of no concern in Forex. The stock market is different.

elo

What are the other poster banned?

TheRumpledOne do you have your system in easylanguage?

Thank You for your help with the indocators it means a lot to us beginners just to see and play around with indicators and trying to find the best that fits my personality. you saying you have 100's of free indicators, where can I find these indicators? thanks

Alex

2u6ocg1.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

========================= ====================

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

=============================================

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low (ClLo < 20): This is OPPORTUNITY

============================================

WHY ISN'T EVERYBODY DOING IT?

Most of you know I catch a lot of flak on my forums because SOME PEOPLE don't like the way I post.

One worn out argument that is used repeatedly is, "If this is so (simple, great, profitable, ), then why isn't everybody doing it?"

Simple answer is because SOYLENT GREEN is people!

We all know exercise is great, but how many actually exercise?

We all know smoking is bad, but how many do it anyway?

We all know which foods are bad for our health, but how many eat those foods?

We all know that we should save for our future and spend less than we earn but who does that?

The list is almost endless.

As long as there are people, there will always be some STUPID people and some smart people making STUPID decisions, where STUPID is defined as knowing better but acting otherwise.

Meanwhile, the RATS are still beating the Yale students.

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

259zls5.gif

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

24o6n4k.gif

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low (ClLo < 20) - that is OPPORTUNITY

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

2e31mo6.gif

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

Phew...I have finally got to the end of this thread. Looks like a pretty straightforward way of trying to trade, there is some credit to anyone offering some or all their coded indicators/systems.

As a newbie trader myself, I would find blindly following anything too stressful, by this I mean it is important to understand and see the bigger picture in forex and why what is happening on the lower timeframes and time your entry/exit. The methods I have found that bring this bigger picture and an improvement for making profits and pips of somewhere in the region of 200 per week for me are trading patterns ABC / trendlines / sr etc on the gbp/usd in particular demark. You can get knocked up versions of demark at no cost.

Demark TLs will show you on the weekly/daily where price is heading if not now then eventually, so if your initial entry is off you will eventually come right, when to enter on a break on the 4hr/dly. Harmonic patterns can be found at KorHamonic and forex-std where there are some great coders for demark.

Everyday a currency pair will put in it's range, from the open if it goes up by more than 45pips I have read it usually continues in that direction with a 75% accuracy, which I have also found to be the case.

Hope this helps someone...

311mni9.gif

THINK ABOUT IT!!

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

great line! thanks for these posts, i'm really learning alot. please post more often if you can there are alot of people just starting out that you are helping. thanks - mslk

311mni9.gif

THINK ABOUT IT!!

hello Rumbleone, been checking your post which is started from the beginning, i would like to know the name of the arrow indicators that appears on those candles, and also is that a regular semafor you used on your earlier post of a rebuilt one, i wouldnt mind if you send me those two indicators...

ildqfk.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

Most of you know I catch a lot of flak on my forums because SOME PEOPLE don't like the way I post.

One worn out argument that is used repeatedly is, "If this is so (simple, great, profitable, ), then why isn't everybody doing it?"

We all know that we should save for our future and spend less than we earn but who does that?

As long as there are people, there will always be some STUPID people and some smart people making STUPID decisions, where STUPID is defined as knowing better but acting otherwise.

10z8ux3.gif

THINK ABOUT IT!!

First can I just say, I think you have been getting a rough deal in the past on other forums, and I'm sure I can speak for many others out there, when I say keep up the excellent work....

Please could I just ask one thing... where can I find an explanation of the purpose's and usage of all the indicators in the "Never Lose Again" file?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

BocaCrazy

wir8si.gif

2125z5d.gif

THINK ABOUT IT!!

2lurzu8.gif

33lcx7p.gif

THINK ABOUT IT!!