Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

2ir3czr.gif

Sometimes you have to WAIT longer than others...

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Choose Your Advice Carefully

Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

- Pg 110 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

If the rat is beating you, you are the reason why.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

=============================================

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

2s6o5li.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE (italics added)

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

1) Price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

rhucup.gif

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Since your mind is your most valuable asset and your most valuable lever, you need to be careful what you put in it. Sometimes it is even more difficult to get rid of thoughts and ideas that are already in your mind than it is to learn something new - Pg 119 WHY WE WANT YOU TO BE RICH

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

========================= ====================

29576f4.gif

Price within 20 pips of the daily low (ClLo <= 20) - that is OPPORTUNITY

Current price - current daily low is less than 20 pips.

23ljyh0.gif

9bitl4.gif

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

2mhvipd.gif

sngew5.gif

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

2dj8kkp.gif

Just a quick comment regarding the TRO and all the hoopla the has been bantered... TRO has helped me out on a few occasions and I appreciate the help (as I do from anyone that does help me).

It has been my experience working with a number of truly intelligent people that the social skills are not always what others would like, but they are comfortable with it. He is without a doubt a very skilled coder... his stuff works as billed and is well written.

I can see why he would be upset by some of the post, but I also found some of his replies offensive. My finding offense does not take away from his work.

Many thanks to soultrader and TL for the quality of the site and forums

159a2t.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

Just a quick comment regarding the TRO and all the hoopla the has been bantered... TRO has helped me out on a few occasions and I appreciate the help (as I do from anyone that does help me).

It has been my experience working with a number of truly intelligent people that the social skills are not always what others would like, but they are comfortable with it. He is without a doubt a very skilled coder... his stuff works as billed and is well written.

I can see why he would be upset by some of the post, but I also found some of his replies offensive. My finding offense does not take away from his work.

Many thanks to soultrader and TL for the quality of the site and forums

I am not one to turn the other cheek and walk away.

aavn8k.gif

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

2wqygkm.gif

2mrrtp3.gif

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

wjdmiq.gif

2wfvmdw.gif

F - Follow

O - One

C - Course

U - Until

S - Successful

2111gud.gif

296i249.gif

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

This is how you make 2% per day.

Hi TRO,

As Jeff65 had previously asked and went by unanswered, I would like to ask the question again. When you state to enter within 20 pips of the daily low, what does that mean?

If you mean to enter within 20 pips from the current day low then yeah, everyone would want to do that. No one knows where the daily low is until the day is over though...

With kind regards,

MK

1z5kjv5.gif

============================================

WHY ISN'T EVERYBODY DOING IT?

Most of you know I catch a lot of flak on many forums because SOME PEOPLE don't like the way I post.

One worn out argument that is used repeatedly is, "If this is so (simple, great, profitable, <insert your own adjective>), then why isn't everybody doing it?"

Simple answer is because SOYLENT GREEN is people!

We all know exercise is great, but how many actually exercise?

We all know smoking is bad, but how many do it anyway?

We all know which foods are bad for our health, but how many eat those foods?

We all know that we should save for our future and spend less than we earn but who does that?

The list is almost endless.

As long as there are people, there will always be some STUPID people and some smart people making STUPID decisions, where STUPID is defined as knowing better but acting otherwise.

Meanwhile, the RATS are still beating the Yale students.

Hi TRO,

As Jeff65 had previously asked and went by unanswered, I would like to ask the question again. When you state to enter within 20 pips of the daily low, what does that mean?

If you mean to enter within 20 pips from the current day low then yeah, everyone would want to do that. No one knows where the daily low is until the day is over though...

With kind regards,

MK

The CURRENT DAILY LOW. There is only ONE low of the day after the day is over but during the day new lows can be made. You do NOT know IN ADVANCE which low will be THE DAILY LOW. That's why you take your chances within 20 pips of the current daily low. Sooner or later, you are right.

The CURRENT DAILY LOW. There is only ONE low of the day after the day is over but during the day new lows can be made. You do NOT know IN ADVANCE which low will be THE DAILY LOW. That's why you take your chances within 20 pips of the current daily low. Sooner or later, you are right.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thus the first bar of a new day could be within the "current daily low" definition and we could be entering on bar 3 of the day given bar 1 is down, bar 2 is up and bar three breaks high of bar 2 taking us long into the trade?

Thanks.