Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheRumpledOne

Never Lose Again!! TheRumpledOne

The only purpose of your existence here

is to divert traffic to other sites.

You have minimal contribution to this community.

I can not divert traffic to other sites. This is the INTERNET. People are FREE to go to whatever sites they want to. I can't force anyone to go to any site.

You have made NO contribution to this community.

I can not divert traffic to other sites. This is the INTERNET. People are FREE to go to whatever sites they want to. I can't force anyone to go to any site.

You have made NO contribution to this community.

You have been banned from many sites... for good reasons.

Another 1st poster testimony LOL

wow... I didn't know TRO has stooped so low.

come on TAMS, google me and you'll see i've posted hundreds of times, for years, in other forums ... i just wanted to post here b/c i don't believe some of these posts are justified in their negative comments toward TRO ... they're just haters

ps, look at my "join date: Sept 2007"

Just because something using the name guru_trader (you have to be kidding right) has posted elsewhere doesn't mean that you are that thing.

You could be TRO for all we know. And registering early for a late scam just shows that we have a well prepared Nigerian.

Tams is right though --- this is a sucker thread just seeking another sucker to fund TROs business. James is soft on the weirdos and wannabe gurus which is why TRO is still here.

Just because something using the name guru_trader (you have to be kidding right) has posted elsewhere doesn't mean that you are that thing.

You could be TRO for all we know. And registering early for a late scam just shows that we have a well prepared Nigerian.

Tams is right though --- this is a sucker thread just seeking another sucker to fund TROs business. James is soft on the weirdos and wannabe gurus which is why TRO is still here.

Kiwi,

I presume you are from Gold Coast, Queensland, downunder

The other Gold Coast which is now Ghana is in Africa.

Could you enlighten me on the Nigerian angle:)

We do get many scams here in UK perpetrated by conartists from that region promising large amounts of cash running into millions of dollars to transfer some phoney funds from a nigerian minister to US or UK etc.

A semafor is a "signal" or "sign". It's an old railroad term. The 3 Level ZZ Semafor indicator plots a "1", "2" or "3" semafor for 3 different zig zag periods. I am not the original coder of this indicator. I have modified it extensively.

The "RED" RAT ZONE is the area between 20 pips below the daily high and the daily high.

The "GREEN" RAT ZONE is the area between 20 pips above the daily lowand the daily low.

Price usually leaves these rat zones when it retraces off of the daily high/low.

TRO, thanks for your response,

1. Could you elaborate with a simple sketch or chart what is a "1-2-3 semafor for 3 different Zig-Zag period" without getting into any indicator discussion.

2. There is 3 marked on your chart in post 426 which appears to be after 3 waves down , is this what you mean in which case when would 1, and 2 appear.

3. Red Rat Zone you refer to as 20pips below High of Day and High of Day, so effectively in simple language a zone in the upper range of a day bar of 20pips and vice versa for the Green Rat Zone.

Now when you say that price leaves these Red Rat zone when it retraces off from the daily high, what is meant exactly, does the price breakdown towards south or breakout north????

4. I realise usage of terms from the animal and plant kingdom are in vogue in the trading world (woodie: Shamu, Ghost, Tradeguider: polar bear in Hawaii, Palm tree in Alaska") what I was wondering is it not possible to stick to simple terms like price zone

Finally I would like to request other folks to refrain from all this bashing post after post, it just lengthens the argument and this thread without adding any substance, totally futile pursuit.

Allow TRO to explain please

TRO, thanks for your response,

1. Could you elaborate with a simple sketch or chart what is a "1-2-3 semafor for 3 different Zig-Zag period" without getting into any indicator discussion.

2. There is 3 marked on your chart in post 426 which appears to be after 3 waves down , is this what you mean in which case when would 1, and 2 appear.

3. Red Rat Zone you refer to as 20pips below High of Day and High of Day, so effectively in simple language a zone in the upper range of a day bar of 20pips and vice versa for the Green Rat Zone.

Now when you say that price leaves these Red Rat zone when it retraces off from the daily high, what is meant exactly, does the price breakdown towards south or breakout north????

4. I realise usage of terms from the animal and plant kingdom are in vogue in the trading world (woodie: Shamu, Ghost, Tradeguider: polar bear in Hawaii, Palm tree in Alaska") what I was wondering is it not possible to stick to simple terms like price zone

Finally I would like to request other folks to refrain from all this bashing post after post, it just lengthens the argument and this thread without adding any substance, totally futile pursuit.

Allow TRO to explain please

x6bwwi.gif

Notice the white line on the chart connects all of the dots. That would be a "1" semafor zigzag line.

2lbjbpj.gif

The blue line connects the "2" and "3" semafors. That would be a "2" semafor zig zag line.

fa7b03.gif

The purple line connects the "3" semafors. That would be a "3" semafor zig zag line.

That should make it clear what the 3 Level ZZ Semafor does.

Retrace off the high would mean to reverse off the high. In other words, price moves away from the high back toward the open.

[/color]

What fun would that be?

In options, there are butterflies and condors. Trades know exactly what is being discussed and if they don't they can look it up. If everyone used "price zone", there could be mass confusion.

There may be more than one way to define money, rather than the toy tokens with Caesar's head stamped on them.

It appears some earn their pay by luring a small or large herd after themselves and then leading them to slaughter. Whether they actually rape them for a monetary profit or not. They delight in their destruction.

Judas goats are a good analogy. You can't easily drive/chase sheep into a holding pen or slaughtering chute, such as you can cows. They have to follow something. Historically lead goats have been known to be trained by their owner to lead herds where they are intended to go.

Apply that now to the sight of herds of men chasing after teaching idiots who devour their time/lives. Only to keep them mired up in eternal confusion, never seeing the truth.

Kiwi,

I presume you are from Gold Coast, Queensland, downunder....

you should consider yourself fortunate...

if you have read the thread (which I am sure you have),

you must have noticed that TRO only posts charts...

when someone asks a question,

he would give cryptic answers,

then tells the people more information "OVER THERE".

when people ask "where?",

he would say google for it.

He wants you to go to the other site !

If it weren't for us to put pressure on this guy,

do you think he would favor you with a response?

LOL

have fun.

carry on...

Edited by Tams

You have minimal contribution to this community.

Yes, and that contribution is COMEDY. Thank you TRO, I always find threads like this to be pretty funny, but I have to say yours may be the king of them all.

And to the guy named "guru_trader": Clever name! I can tell that you really are a guru. Can I please buy some of your time? My knob needs polishing and I was hoping you could help me out.

Edited by diablo272

Can you prove your allegations?

Instead of making personal attacks, why don't you use facts and figures to prove my method doesn't work? This is Traders Laboratory after all. The name of the forum implies testing and experimenting.

I have never said your method doesn't work...

(nor did I say it works)

Your own guilt conscientious let it out.

Kiwi,

I presume you are from Gold Coast, Queensland, downunder

The other Gold Coast which is now Ghana is in Africa.

Could you enlighten me on the Nigerian angle:)

We do get many scams here in UK perpetrated by conartists from that region promising large amounts of cash running into millions of dollars to transfer some phoney funds from a nigerian minister to US or UK etc.

The well prepared Nigerian ....

Guru trader who's first post here was to support TRO who, to most of us here, is regarded as a scammer (very like my Nigerian grandmum's lawyer who just sent me another letter), claimed that his earlier registration proved he was legit.

But all that showed was that, if he was part of the other scam, he was well prepared. A well prepared Nigerian perhaps? This is the internet after all.

One of the worries in this site is that James (and the rest of us) let people who don't survive at other sites because they get outed as bs'ers and scammers rest here as long as they don't start lots of threads (and even tolerate a bit of that). So we have Jack Hershey garbage, TRO hunting for pms asking for the extra (pay me now) bits of information and so on.

I moderated for a while on Trade2Win and the most memorable scam we picked up was run from egypt. There were about 20 identities involved and they'd been registered over several years. There goal was to promote a couple of scam forex systems and they did a good job of it for nearly 2 years. But it was fully automated (including logging off their service provider and picking up different ip addresses) and one night their automation got out of synch .... so suddenly they all posted from the same address. And we got the b'stards --- but its bloody hard to catch a well prepared egyptian and here we don't try. I think the saving grace is that the numbers here are small so they don't make as big an effort as they do at T2W or FF.

Thanks Kiwi, yes I have seen some of these scams on T2W, Elitetrader etc.

Here I would not call VSA or Price Action trading by Al brooks as scams per se, there is definitely some value there. As I mentioned previously VSA /Tradeguider crowd have definitely benefited financially from posting in here, all that was required for budding traders to realise the fact that it was first imperative to study the original Wyckoff material.

Same with Al Brooks price action thread, numerous folks have purchased his book and listened to his seminars at Futures Magazine shows and have found great value in respect of trading, so much so that due to popular demand somebody with IT experience started a website with chat room , daily commentaries and now a subscription room with a monthly chart of $99/month, this will a live audio (no Q&A) with realtime trading,

It is not Al Brooks website, he has been requested to act as consultant to which he has agreed with a provision that if it affects his own trading, he will immediately discontinue his role.

Hence it is clear that without websites like TL allowing some of these threads here , new traders would be running around like headless chicken trying to find the right info.

As for whether or not TRO is scammer, I have no idea, I have no intention of getting any indicators as I am well grounded in both Wyckoff and Taylor.. I stumbled onto this site during this holiday period and browsed through some of the pages out of curiosity, noted all this controversy and thought would check the TRO methodology out in the light of Wyckoff principles which incidentally are valid for any timeframe be it 1min or 60min or daily, weekly, monthly etc.

I sought clarification on 3 zigzag part, initially thought this was to do with Elliot waves but it looks like it is some math indicator that TRO is using. So I have more questions for TRO.

The actual trading part via 60min bar is much more of a momentum based trading which even Al Brooks has adopted as his core trading strategy based entirely on a 5min chart instead of 60min of TRO and very elaborately explained throughout his book and his free seminar recordings.

I acknowledge that in many ways it is of eventual benefit to new traders to have guys like you pointing out the scam artists before they are able to extract their hard earned savings and direct many newcomers to the right sources.

If there are any multi millionaires living in political exile that need a European bank account to get access to their money please PM me and I will respond with a PO Box number to mail a cheque to. Thanks.

TRO

Thanks for your response.

Could you clarify further:

1. Presume you are using 60min chart swings to determine zigzag 1, 2, and 3, on what basis do you differentiate zigzag 1 and 2 and 3.

Yes you have shown 3 charts marking the swings, however swings in say 3 comprises of many swings up and down within the lines joining 3, what count or maths do you use to arrive at this? because at first glance it appears arbitrary ie. not dependent on any price action via support/resistance, trendlines or trend channel.

2. In the above post you have indicated OPPORTUNITY.

can you elaborate on which instrument you are talking about and why? with further clear charts with notes on how the trade was taken and how it panned out. again without going on to mention any indicators you may or may not have developed.

I think this simple exercise would do away with all this criticism that you are facing.

TRO

Thanks for your response.

Could you clarify further:

1. Presume you are using 60min chart swings to determine zigzag 1, 2, and 3, on what basis do you differentiate zigzag 1 and 2 and 3.

Yes you have shown 3 charts marking the swings, however swings in say 3 comprises of many swings up and down within the lines joining 3, what count or maths do you use to arrive at this? because at first glance it appears arbitrary ie. not dependent on any price action via support/resistance, trendlines or trend channel.

2. In the above post you have indicated OPPORTUNITY.

can you elaborate on which instrument you are talking about and why? with further clear charts with notes on how the trade was taken and how it panned out. again without going on to mention any indicators you may or may not have developed.

I think this simple exercise would do away with all this criticism that you are facing.

1) It is the basic zig zag indicator. You can find the original 3 Level ZZ Semafor indicator here:

http://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-metatrader-4/12015-3_level_zz_semafor-indicator-mt4.html

2) If price is within 20 pips of the daily low, that is OPPORTUNITY. The ClLo column shows the distance (in pips) from the current price to the low of the day. The currencies with 20 or less are where OPPORTUNITY lies. I have already posted the steps to this method.

The well prepared Nigerian ....

Guru trader who's first post here was to support TRO who, to most of us here, is regarded as a scammer (very like my Nigerian grandmum's lawyer who just sent me another letter), claimed that his earlier registration proved he was legit.

But all that showed was that, if he was part of the other scam, he was well prepared. A well prepared Nigerian perhaps? This is the internet after all.

One of the worries in this site is that James (and the rest of us) let people who don't survive at other sites because they get outed as bs'ers and scammers rest here as long as they don't start lots of threads (and even tolerate a bit of that). So we have Jack Hershey garbage, TRO hunting for pms asking for the extra (pay me now) bits of information and so on.

I moderated for a while on Trade2Win and the most memorable scam we picked up was run from egypt. There were about 20 identities involved and they'd been registered over several years. There goal was to promote a couple of scam forex systems and they did a good job of it for nearly 2 years. But it was fully automated (including logging off their service provider and picking up different ip addresses) and one night their automation got out of synch .... so suddenly they all posted from the same address. And we got the b'stards --- but its bloody hard to catch a well prepared egyptian and here we don't try. I think the saving grace is that the numbers here are small so they don't make as big an effort as they do at T2W or FF.

I do not hunt for PMs.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE

Remember what H. Rearden said:

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

If price is NOT making a new high then it must be reversing from the high.

If price is NOT making a new low then it must be reversing from the low.

GREEN RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red/black candle closes

3) green/white candle closes - note the high price of the green/white candle

4) enter long at the green/white candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

RED RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily high - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) green/white candle closes

3) red/black candle closes - note the low price of the red/black candle

4) enter short at the red/black candle's low price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

You are either a RED RAT, a GREEN RAT or a YALE STUDENT. If you do not understand the reason you can not be both a red rat and a green rat then you are YALE MATERIAL:

mn0q5c.gif

"Look, for example, at this elegant little experiment. A rat was put in a T-shaped maze with a few morsels of food placed on either the far right or left side of the enclosure. The placement of the food is randomly determined, but the dice is rigged: over the long run, the food was placed on the left side sixty per cent of the time. How did the rat respond? It quickly realized that the left side was more rewarding. As a result, it always went to the left, which resulted in a sixty percent success rate. The rat didn't strive for perfection. It didn't search for a Unified Theory of the T-shaped maze, or try to decipher the disorder. Instead, it accepted the inherent uncertainty of the reward and learned to settle for the best possible alternative.

The experiment was then repeated with Yale undergraduates. Unlike the rat, their swollen brains stubbornly searched for the elusive pattern that determined the placement of the reward. They made predictions and then tried to learn from their prediction errors. The problem was that there was nothing to predict: the randomness was real. Because the students refused to settle for a 60 percent success rate, they ended up with a 52 percent success rate. Although most of the students were convinced they were making progress towards identifying the underlying algorithm, they were actually being outsmarted by a rat."

P64 HOW WE DECIDE

Remember what H. Rearden said:

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

If price is NOT making a new high then it must be reversing from the high.

If price is NOT making a new low then it must be reversing from the low.

GREEN RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red/black candle closes

3) green/white candle closes - note the high price of the green/white candle

4) enter long at the green/white candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

RED RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily high - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) green/white candle closes

3) red/black candle closes - note the low price of the red/black candle

4) enter short at the red/black candle's low price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

You are either a RED RAT, a GREEN RAT or a YALE STUDENT. If you do not understand the reason you can not be both a red rat and a green rat then you are YALE MATERIAL: