Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TraderBG

Need Something to Study

I'm doing a lot better at my trading than I expected, but I've kind of reached a stagnation in my learning. I've read nearly every book that has been recommended on this site and studied my charts every possible way that I know of. It's in my nature to always be advancing so I'm looking to take some sort of mentoring program or course of some sort. I've heard great things about Cisco Futures so I need some opinions: I have a pretty good understanding of MP and auctions but I know I can do better. Will this course benefit someone like me or is it mostly for people with little or no knowledge? If not can someone recommend something that else?

Thanks in advance

I'm on my 3rd week in live trading and it's going quite well. Problem is I've ran out of things to study. I analyze all of my trades looking for improvements that can be made but can't find anything so far. I'm very skeptical of my early success so I don't want to get overly comfortable. I want to continue progressing but I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the replies. I will read a few of the books again but I must say I've been sim trading for over 3 years and after going live I don't yet see the difference like I thought I would. I've prepared for live trading in more ways than most people could imagine. And as I mentioned before this isn't my first time live trading. I traded for about 2 years prior to my "training" with flat to negative results. So this is my first time with such a clear edge. During the last year or so the markets have really opened up to me and the books started to take on a whole new meaning, but like I said I feel I've reached the point of diminishing return on my current resources. I've read quite a few of my books more times than I can count and reading some of them again just doesn't seem like it would be efficient use of my time. I need to be stimulated with new insights and perspectives. So I'm guessing neither of you would recommend Cisco Futures? If not, would you recommend any other resources?

Edited by TraderBG

with only 3 weeks under your belt and in this market, i would suggest that you just buckle in and give it a little longer. the market is gonna change, it always does.

besides i am sure all along your journey to live trading your heard "this ain't rocket science" plenty of times.

BG,

At this point, nothing is going to replicate screen time. Maybe that seems futile to you, but it's the truth. Another book or course may just confuse you more or throw an unnecessary wrench into the mix.

Here's my suggestion - if you are trading well and making money, ENJOY IT. After that, learn WHY you are making money NOW. As the above post says, things WILL change. The question then will be if your model can adapt and change w/ it. Right now is pretty volatile and big jumps are commonplace daily. There will come a time when the ES moves 4 pts the entire day. Can you sustain and make money then as well? If anything, buy a bunch of historical data and test your ideas out during all different periods of volatility. I think that would be a much better use of your time and money.

Dear ADHD ADBG ;)

Try Chick Goslin's Intelligent Futures Trading: Day by Day - not for his specific techniqes but to get inside his head a little bit about how to thrive at this game and to lay down some good 'fundamental skills' early in your development

zdo

If its getting boring then there is probably a good chance that you Are getting there! The next hurdle may well be dealing with success. If things are 'working' for you make every effort to continue doing things the same.