Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Kiwi

Moderators: Please Ban Taskyneem

Hmmm ... cant complain about my own post. Someone please complain so that the mods notice.

add prdfatima.

Mods. T2W has been bombarded by changing nicks over the last two days. I think they all have the same ip address or subnet.

Sound like these b'stards have moved here. Readers. Please add the name of anyone who pm's you to this thread.

Seems to be some kind of spam bot rush.... banning over 50 different accounts now with multiple IP's. Please stay alert for further spam with the title: "How a $5,000 Account Grew to $38,572 in ONLY 34 Weeks". Most IP's should be banned now... but in case I missed anything please let me know. Thank you.

I got one and what we should do is spam the email address given in the contact page. We could cause as much of a problem for them as us and they would soon get the message that it wont work doing it to this site.

Paul

I got one and what we should do is spam the email address given in the contact page. We could cause as much of a problem for them as us and they would soon get the message that it wont work doing it to this site.

Paul

Not a good idea... they use very complicated tactics to spam. Also, I do not want to spam them back and then have TL listed on an entire database of spammers to choose from. This will seriously crash the server. Im going to setup a system where pm is restricted with those with more than 1 post. This way I can get rid of spam bots.

Not a good idea... they use very complicated tactics to spam. Also, I do not want to spam them back and then have TL listed on an entire database of spammers to choose from. This will seriously crash the server. Im going to setup a system where pm is restricted with those with more than 1 post. This way I can get rid of spam bots.

Fair points

Paul

I got one from kfgjkar on Sunday; who has now been banned.

Same probs over at T2W.

My suggestion there was to introduce those swirly difficult to read letters and numbers you have to enter to confirm membership to a site.

would that reduce the spam-botty infestation?

I got one from kfgjkar on Sunday; who has now been banned.

Same probs over at T2W.

My suggestion there was to introduce those swirly difficult to read letters and numbers you have to enter to confirm membership to a site.

would that reduce the spam-botty infestation?

Yes but not entirely as spammers constantly figure out ways to cheat the captcha ant-spam system. I made it extra difficult now for spammers to take control. First time posters with links are always being moderated before publicly appearing. And zero post members are not allowed to use the pm system. Hopefully this will block the junk flowing in.