Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TraderBG

First Week Trading Live

I promised an update for when I went live so here it is. It was a good week. 16.75 pts monday 11.25 Tues, -3.25 Wed, didn't trade Thurs and had no signals today. 5 trades in all. Slightly better than my average considering I took Thursday off. My slippage and fills were better than expected. As I mentioned before my emotions were my main concern since I've read so many others mention how things change dramatically when making the transition from sim to live. Surprisingly I saw very little difference in my thought process and decision making. I stuck to the plan, never felt the urge to chase and really thought nothing of my loss. I'm testing the waters with two contracts and probably won't add to that until things calm down a little bit.

For those who missed my first posting, I've been SIM trading for over 3 years with over 1600 sim trades taken before I went live. I mention this so any newbies don't build any unrealistic expectations based on this post. I'm simply updating those who helpfully replied to my first thread.

Thanks again

3 years of sim...you earned it.

Congrats! Best wishes going forward as well.

If you can trade in this volatility anything else should be a cakewalk emotion wise. :cool:

For those who missed my first posting, I've been SIM trading for over 3 years with over 1600 sim trades taken before I went live. I mention this so any newbies don't build any unrealistic expectations based on this post. I'm simply updating those who helpfully replied to my first thread.

Thanks again

Hats off to you for having the insight to demo trade for as long as you did! Many folks try to build their learning curve with real cash from the get-go and wind up never being able to make a post about success.. as they crashed and burned long ago!

Bravo!

Sledge