Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Thank you all for your answers. But I would like to know if his methods apply to end of day data or are applicable only to intraday charts? I understand that he was ridding trends but I also know that he was talking about tape reading and even one of his books had the word "Daytrading" in the title. So can a end of day trader benefit from Wyckoff?

In the spirit of continued education.

I've read most of the wyckoff material available but as I do not retain information from reading as easily as I do from video's, I ran across this site Traders Code by a guy named Kruger.

I will not post the link as I do not want to give the guy a free plug but if anyone has any feedback on his video series please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Its very much end of day.

But before you buy a book access the W material here. dbPhoenix posted a lot of material that may well be better than whats in the book and it is free.

In the spirit of continued education.

I've read most of the wyckoff material available but as I do not retain information from reading as easily as I do from video's, I ran across this site Traders Code by a guy named Kruger.

I will not post the link as I do not want to give the guy a free plug but if anyone has any feedback on his video series please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!

Seriously, you will be pissed.

I usually prefer to study a topic from a book where most basic information is concentrated After that I read the forums to see how experienced people apply the theory in practice. That is why I wanted to read a book first. Now I noticed that DbPhoenix has done a great job organizing the stickies and I probably will start from there.

Thank you all for your answers. But I would like to know if his methods apply to end of day data or are applicable only to intraday charts? I understand that he was ridding trends but I also know that he was talking about tape reading and even one of his books had the word "Daytrading" in the title. So can a end of day trader benefit from Wyckoff?

When Wyckoff wrote his stuff,

daytrading wasn't invented yet.

Edited by Tams

HI,

Where would I download the following for free from?

Hank Pruden - The Wyckoff Method - Analyzing Price and Volume Movement Using Mass Psychology.

Wyckoff by the Action-Sequence Method: An Effective Way to Teach and Learn Technical Market Analysis

Cheers

Lee

Just as a note, I now have this book in my possession. As I mentioned I wanted to buy it a long time ago but for whatever reason never did.

Well I am only about a quarter through, but it is a good read. Particularly for the price. I am not suggesting this is supposed to be some shortcut, or replacement for the original material by any means.

The book so far seems to be a nice port over from the original Wyckoff material. Similar to the original, there is a lot of material about selecting stocks, creating and composing wave charts of various stocks for all you stock traders out there. Discussed heavily are the 3 different charts Wyckoff used and how each should be used to trade. Anyone who has read the original will find all of the same material there.

Also there is the general info about reading a chart. It seems to have the same 'type' of content in the original course.

I will report out more on it as I read.

Contents in the Book:

Part I: Principles of the Wyckoff Method

1. The Early Days

2. Elements of Charting

3. Market Trends in Composite Averages

4. Understanding Group Stock Behavior

5. Prelude to Individual Chart Reading

6. Figure Charts

7. Effective Forecasting

8. Trendlines: Refinements in Charting

9. Selecting the Best Individual Stocks

10. Refining Chart Analysis

11. Maximizing Profits with Stop Orders

12. Intraday Swings with Wave Charts

13. Serving and Apprenticeship

14. Developing a Personal Trading Style

15. Market Strategy

Part II: The Wyckoff Method in Action

1. The Wyckoff Method and Bond Futures

2. Anatomy of a Market Move

Part III: The Wyckoff Method: Five Steps to Success

1. Determining Trend

2. Relative Strength and Weakness

3. Identifying Opportunities

4. Buying and Selling Tests

5. Timing Your Commitments

Edited by forrestang

So I finished my first read through this book.

I still think it is a good book to have. But..... if you have the original Wyckoff material, there really is no purpose. This is more of a pocket guide to the original course.

Just in general, If one is buying this book hoping to have the original material simplified or looking for a "modernization" so to speak applied specifically for those of us that daytrade futures.... just move on.

Although there is one section of examples of bond trades, it is still just like the original in terms of explanations.

You'll notice that the chapters I listed above, a lot of this is taken directly from the original course. Also, while the charts are updated(from the 80s and 90s), the material is the same. You'll see some of the same diagrams, like the one from the original that shows the purpose of each chart (vertical,pf and wave).

Also, do not expect many examples of explanation. There really is only 1 or 2 per section. Also, since this is a paperback, expect to be flipping back and fourth referencing the pictures. This was an annoyance on the original too;)

What this book is:

Information actually listed in the original course

good port from the original in a smaller form

Good pocket guide to Wyckoff

A good reference piece of material to 'actual Wyckoff'

What this book is not:

not a simplification of Wyckoff

not a 'modernized' adaptation for those of us that daytrade futures

not as detailed and with less examples

When Wyckoff wrote his stuff,

daytrading wasn't invented yet.

Having said that his book studies in tape reading written under the pen name Rollo Tape was largely concerned with reading the ticker tape as it spewed out of the machine.

Edited by DbPhoenix
update link

If you want them for free. PM me and I will reply with the website to download them from.

I don't want this website saturated with newbies, otherwise all these books will get taken down.

I have over 220 books and counting....:) - just not enough time!

They have "The Day Traders Bible" and "The Wyckoff Method" up.

Kindest Regards,

Phil.

PS. I've PM'd OP and he can confirm that I'm not BS'ing or anything.

I'm on page 74... I stopped reading it a while ago because I read Db's material first. In other words, Db did a hell of a job summarizing just about everything you would need to know about Wyckoff (before he went into exile that is :)). Aside from that, the book is a good read, even if just to review the concepts, which at this point I feel are essentially the basics that any trader would know (i.e. trends, support/resistance, springboards, hinges, etc.). Like the guy in the video says: its so simple yet so brilliant.

As for End of Day (EOD), the book is teaching you how to trade stocks EOD. So you're in luck. Buy it and read it. I'm sure it'll have something valuable to someone trying to "catch the trend and not just swings". Good luck.

I also Have trouble retaining info reading.

I found the DVDs really good!!

Apart from the fact half the DVDs would freeze up and i have to return them and swap for some new ones that play properly.

But Todd seems like a good guy and more than happy to fix the problem.

What did you not like about them forrestang?

I also Have trouble retaining info reading.

I found the DVDs really good!!

Apart from the fact half the DVDs would freeze up and i have to return them and swap for some new ones that play properly.

But Todd seems like a good guy and more than happy to fix the problem.

What did you not like about them forrestang?

I am glad to see an opinion contrary to mine. As of course everything I say is just my opinion as honestly as I can put it. It may very well be the missing link that turns someones else trading around, or sparks some level of understanding that helps them begin to be better at trading.

My comments below are based only on module 1 & 2. So maybe module 3 is the one that would bring it home... although I highly doubt it. ;)

I say I didn't like it for several reasons:

1.) The DVD was completely un-interactive. By that I mean it wasn't a video of him showing charts on a trading platform and talking through a chart. There were a few snapshots of a few charts that he spoke through(more on this on point 2 below). IMO this was done in a completely unorganized manner as well.

2.) Next, this seemed to be something thrown together from a video taken. He was giving a seminar, and it was filmed. He then just took that footage and sold it. I think the seminar would be ok if it were free, or just something someone posted online, like a lot of these free videos you see on INO tv. But that he sells it claiming it was going to change your trading...... so what I am saying is that not only was I let down by the content in the video, I was let down by the quality/production of these DVDs as well.

3.) Where is the beef? Again just my opinion, but there was no content in these DVDs. I guess when I hear the name Wyckoff, I was expecting more in the way of analysis. For all of us who have read the Wyckoff original material, it is a bit of a tough read. So it would actually be nice for an experienced Wyckoff technician to explain a lot of Wyckofian principles on a DVD..... and maybe that is what I was expecting. I still to this day haven't seen such a thing from a Wyckoff analysis in real time, it's always in hindsight. So maybe my expectations were just too high. Better off reading everything in this forum, which is never going to equal having someone point these things out real time, but still better than those DVDs.

4.) I haven't watched it in MANY months, but I don't remember him ever getting to any practical application of how to actually make money trading the concepts he portends teach. Again, I haven't watched it in a loooooong time, but I remember him only talking about Buying and Selling Climaxes for the most part? Again haven't watched in a long time.:confused:

5.) I just don't think this course is worth the money he is asking for it.... not by a long shot.

So... I think it's great if you got something out of the DVDs! I just didn't. Heck maybe I could watch them today and they would spark something in the experience and screen time I have now that it didn't do a year ago?

If anyone is interested, I have my set up for sale in the "For sale" section, and you can read my comments there. Not typical for someone selling something enh? I even told someone that asked to purchase mine from me my true thoughts on the DVDs and he decided not to get them. :rofl:

I'm not one to make a habit of bumping old threads, but based on earlier discussion, this is clearly the best place to post a link to the original Wyckoff course:

see attached.

Is this an original? I've read 1-2 of his books before, and after reading the first 1-2 pages of this, the style of language doesn't seem to be that of Wyckoff - or anyone from the early 20th century for that.

From what I understand the 20th century was only 10 years ago!

Most of the mainstream books by Wyckoff are more like articles with words of wisdom and friendly storytelling style interspersed. This one my friend is grunt work and if you want something practical then you have to drop the excuse of 20th century language and start focusing on the material therein. There's widsom to be had from these old words from the master.

Gringo

I'd agree Gringo - there is wisdom to be had from the old master, but if this is simply someone from recent day interpreting his words, then you have a derivative product - someone elses opinion. 2nd hand opinion. Chinese whispers - vital detail could be omitted.

Take the first few pages that have the arrogance of telling us how to learn from the manual!! Everybody learns in different ways and at different paces.

I can see that whoever compiled this has put a lot of effort in to the work for which we should be grateful. I just think it would have been better had they just presented the text as Wyckoff presented it.

I'd agree Gringo - there is wisdom to be had from the old master, but if this is simply someone from recent day interpreting his words, then you have a derivative product - someone elses opinion. 2nd hand opinion. Chinese whispers - vital detail could be omitted.

Take the first few pages that have the arrogance of telling us how to learn from the manual!! Everybody learns in different ways and at different paces.

I can see that whoever compiled this has put a lot of effort in to the work for which we should be grateful. I just think it would have been better had they just presented the text as Wyckoff presented it.

What has been provided is the original course. If you doubt that, you are welcome to obtain your own copy from the Library of Congress. It will cost approximately $100 plus postage and handling.