Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest forsearch

No, that's not exactly the case, neutral.

According to this English language page at Google, looks like you are stuck to reading it on screen, and only if those pages are not redacted by Google or the publisher.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=Rd9hDRR1Yx4C&printsec=frontcover#PPP15,M1

"This is a preview. Total pages displayed will be limited. Learn more."

Thanks,

-fs

No, that's not exactly the case, neutral.

Thanks,

-fs

A substantial piece of meat for the serious PV trader can be found in chapter 11 "order anticipators"

Thank you to.

Edited by neutral

1- Accumulation (Acc.) :

An area where stocks are purchased – or “accumulated” -- with the intention to mark up prices at some later time.

hat2.gif.8a07149ddc04d7932827f5f19c0acb7e.gif

Edited by DbPhoenix
for content

Rather than use ltg's definitions per se, let's adhere as closely as possible to the source, i.e., Wyckoff:

Accumulation: An area where stocks are purchased – or “accumulated” -- with the intention to mark up prices at some later time. Every traded stock is in one of four phases: Accumulation, Mark-up, Distribution, Mark-down.

Buying Climax: the opposite of a Selling Climax (see Determining the Trend of the Market by the Daily Vertical Chart, pp. 1, 2).

Composite Operator: Wyckoff’s name for the total sum of forces, including the public, that move the market.

Demand: Buying power, buying pressure.

Distribution: An area where stocks are sold with the intention to mark down prices at some later time.

Mark-down: The phase of the cycle where prices decline, from the beginning of a bear campaign to its bottom.

Mark-up: The phase of the cycle where prices rise, from the beginning of a bull campaign to its top.

Rally: A phase in the market that experiences rising prices, that is, higher highs and higher lows.

Reaction: A phase in the market that experiences declining prices, that is, lower highs and lower lows.

Resistance: An area where selling pressure overwhelms buying pressure.

Secondary Reaction: The reaction following a Technical Rally.

Selling Climax: A major panic that occurs at the end of a steep decline in prices (see Determining the Trend of the Market by the Daily Vertical Chart, pp. 1, 2).

Springboard: A stock (or group or the market as a whole) is on the springboard following a period of preparation for an advance or decline.

Stop Loss: An order to exit a trade if the market does something that proves your initial decision to enter the trade as wrong.

Supply: Selling power, selling pressure.

Support: An area where buying pressure overwhelms selling pressure.

Shakeout: A sudden break below a support level followed by a rapid reversal.

Technical Rally: The rally that occurs after a Selling Climax.

Thrust: A break above a resistance level followed by a rapid reversal.

Trading Range: A period of balance between supply and demand forces. Prices move within a range where the bottom represents demand and the top represents supply.

Trendlines: Straight lines drawn through the tops or bottoms of the price path established during an upward climb or downward pitch. They “serve to define the stride of the price movement, thereby frequently directing our attention either to possibilities of an approaching change of trend or to an actual reversal.”

Volume: Number of units bought and sold, or the quantity of trading.

Edited by DbPhoenix

Where spring and test part of Wyckoffs original lexicon? Just thought you might want to add those if they are.

"Spring", no. Wyckoff was much more concerned about conveying concepts than he was about developing clever catch-phrases. In fact, he frequently used synonyms for various features. For example, "hinge", "apex", "wedge", "pivot", and "dead center" all relate to the same thing. He was far more concerned that the student understand something than in what the student called it.

"Test" is used, of course, as one would expect. It would be difficult to avoid it. But there are many different kinds of tests, and it has no special meaning.

"Spring", no. Wyckoff was much more concerned about conveying concepts than he was about developing clever catch-phrases. In fact, he frequently used synonyms for various features. For example, "hinge", "apex", "wedge", "pivot", and "dead center" all relate to the same thing. He was far more concerned that the student understand something than in what the student called it.

"Test" is used, of course, as one would expect. It would be difficult to avoid it. But there are many different kinds of tests, and it has no special meaning.

Ahh good...because I was never clear what a spring was!! I kind of figured (by the context that people talk of it) that it was some sort of 'test' at the end of an accumulation phase. Glad it is of no importance really.

Of course understanding the behaviour is what matters, but as we have discussed in the past having clear coherent and common terms of reference is crucial for meaningful discussion. Of course keeping to core terms aids this, which of course you have said all along. :)

How about you take the ideas and try to apply them yourself? Seriously, the way you're acting you should be forced to wear a diaper and drink formula.

Not trying to be mean, just trying to shed light on your passivity in a humorous way. Be proactive, man! This is a learning experience and one of self-discovery. If you want to see if it works, try it! You will only learn by doing. Nobody will ever be able to prove anything to you, you must prove or disprove it for yourself.

Sorry, it was just pent-up aggression from years reading these messageboards and seeing those kinds of posts. It always struck me as incredibly lazy and also selfish to expect people to conduct trades real time to prove to some random guy on the internet that their method works. Unless they're selling it, of course.

After I posted I realized it was old but at that point I figured what the hell.

And who the hell are you? 23 posts and think you are king sh*t around here already?

Instead of finding posts that are MONTHS old to show your pent up aggression, go out, get a drink and get laid. Much more productive use of your time vs. finding posts of mine that are so old.

And maybe think before speaking too there new guy.

This conversation feels eerily familiar to another poster that is now banned here... :roll eyes:

The dots don't mean anything other than that I have to post ten characters before the software will accept the message.

I know...just playing around. I hate the minimum character limitations sometimes.

LoL...I guess my attempt to keep a thread clean failed miserably giving me the opportunity to become one of the first Sandbox members! (When you can laugh at yourself, you are free. - Ted Loderer)