Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TraderJean

Infinity / Transact Wishlist

Is it true that there is problem with TransAct data?

I remember a few people saying the volume being different from exchanges' reports.

It is absolutely true. Every time TA rolls contracts their volume is off by a mile for atleast a week. Yesterday I had a 1 minute histogram bar showing over 50k for the ES and Mirus/Zen/NT showed a couple of thousand. This has been going on over 1 year I brought to their attention and they don't or can't do anything about it. I seem to smooth out after 2 weeks, but I have errant volume spikes again today.

Today as I post at 12:45 ET on ES Zen is showing 72 contracts in 1 minute and TransAct is showing over 45k in that same minute of time. They are pretty good as a broker, have good trade desk support, but their data leaves alot to be desired. Apparently MC is dropping them a supported data feed due to issues.

It is absolutely true. Every time TA rolls contracts their volume is off by a mile for atleast a week. Yesterday I had a 1 minute histogram bar showing over 50k for the ES and Mirus/Zen/NT showed a couple of thousand. This has been going on over 1 year I brought to their attention and they don't or can't do anything about it. I seem to smooth out after 2 weeks, but I have errant volume spikes again today.

Today as I post at 12:45 ET on ES Zen is showing 72 contracts in 1 minute and TransAct is showing over 45k in that same minute of time. They are pretty good as a broker, have good trade desk support, but their data leaves alot to be desired. Apparently MC is dropping them a supported data feed due to issues.

Please, do not bring the MC issue into play. We have emails where they confirm the issue we DID have with volume is fixed. The issue we had with volume was we were under reporting not over.

Again, we have email that shows that they were happy with the fix.

As to the spike in data. I do have a bug report that was submitted 2 days ago, however, I have no other bug reports from any other users let alone outstanding bug reports that are a year old.

The bug report from 2 days ago was identified that day, tested the next and rolled that night.

If we are having an issue, and if it is at rollover we would be happy to hear from you and look into this matter.

I suggest you call the support desk at transact, and ask for Robert Winslow.

Is it true that there is problem with TransAct data?

I remember a few people saying the volume being different from exchanges' reports.

Yes, we did have an issue with volume. We found that we were way under reporting volume.

However, after we placed a fix for the issue (Was a UDP buffer overrun) we have confirmation from 2 independent sources that our data is as good as IB.

Doing some studies we are sending about 95% of the data. We plan on improving that even more buy opening these buffers some more, however we have to do this slowly.

A good reporting package to go with Infinity is definately top of my wishlist. Tradestations speed and reliabilty may not be as good and their customer service is certainly not a patch on Infinitys. But their reporting software seems pretty good to me. Definately better than the none at all currently on offer at transact.

Also, a thank you to Tom for that auto focus tip. Been using the platform for 2 years and never knew that.

hellweek, i am currently test driving the platform. i like it, i was wondering what language it is developed in. if .net 2.0 based then it may run on linux via mono. have you all ever tested it on linux, or do you know of anyone running it sucessfully on linux? thanks

Tom,

Have a friend who has an account with infinity/Transact, but has not used the live platform for quite a while as he has other spreadbetting accounts, is he in any danger of loosing the balance in his account i.e does the company after some point in time close the account and the client kisses goodbye to his account balance.

Tom,

Have a friend who has an account with infinity/Transact, but has not used the live platform for quite a while as he has other spreadbetting accounts, is he in any danger of loosing the balance in his account i.e does the company after some point in time close the account and the client kisses goodbye to his account balance.

Hi Monad,

You said your friend has an account with TransAct / Infinity. There is a difference. If your friend opened an account directly with TransAct he is being charged a monthly fee of $400 which over time will reduce an inactive account to zero balance. If your friend opened an account with Infinity Futures then the monthly fee is waived. Your friend should contact his Infinity broker or TransAct directly for further assistance.

Infinity_Tom

I am told the account is directly with Infinity and there was no question of any monthly fee then, and a five figure sum is in the balance as per recent statement which does not show any deductions of fees whatsoever.

I use infinity, however the statements they send out are from Transact, that is where I am informed the segregated accounts of clients are kept.

It certainly is a matter of concern if those guys elect to syphon away the balance if the account remains dormant for a while. I would be the first to close the account and move the business elsewhere, they are other brokers out there.

Would appreciate if infinity guys would clarify this.

I have been with Infinity for 2 or 3 years and like them a lot. I dont know Tom, but my first week I was trading the EC and overnite I closed a position and didnt notice that I must have double clicked and closed but then had an equal number of contracts now short until almost dawn. They broke the trade for me and never hid behind the often quoted but tired line about the risks of electronic trading. They were very nice.