Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Trade Up

Do you ever speak to the Company?

When I was in the Broking industry in the UK I had access to many company directors, adviser, etc. Once they knew that you were working for a decent sized Stockbroker they were always willing to speak about trading, etc.

As much as it may surprise a few of you, some companies are willing to talk to private investors as well, although this tends to be the smaller companies, where maybe there is not as much interest. You can gain a good insight into a company this way, and you also get to learn the "signals", i.e. the questions they wont answer, and why.

Have you ever called a Company?

I had the CEO of Aspen Exploration call me back on my cellphone. Ticker symbol ASPN. I bought that stock at $2.20 a while back for a longer time investment.

Stock did nothing for a few months so I sold it at $2.25. 4 weeks later is shot up to $10.50 because of the oil prices. ASPN is a natural gas exploration company. One of the worst regrets I had that year.

It all depends on the company. I feel like smaller companies ith a lower float are hungry to obtain investors and are more likely to treat investors nice.

Soultrader, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

These smaller companies do like to drum up interest in their stocks, and sometimes they maybe "hint" at a little more in their conversations with private investors.

I find that they are very talkative if they feel their company has been over looked by investors. A bit of good news from a small company can have a major impact on the share price.

If you do your research before hand, it can be very lucrative!!

Hey Trade Up,

Yea... I learned my lesson big time from that stock. Last time I checked its back at $2.25. I focused more on shorter term trading that when it comes to longer term stock investment, I feel like a rookie.

I find it hard to trade fundamentals. And prefer to stick to technicals and charts.

You ever catch a 4-10 bagger?

I have been lucky enough to call some baggers in the past, but they are few and far between.

More often than not, it is only because they stock moved quickly that I was able to make such good returns - normally I would be out before the major fireworks (just because I tend to be cautious with decent profits).

I find the more CEOs and the like you speak to, the more confident you become (they are probably more scared of us than we are of them) and the more they seem to respect you.