Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

waveslider

Tradestation Just Lost My Business... Looking for a New Platform/broker

I hope you guys are joking about tradestation brokerage, I was just considering joining them until I found a few threads like this.

Now I'm with MBT and the reason I'm moving is because of their crappy commission (I'm paying one lot round trip eurusd about $14)

I found out that dukas has lowered their min deposit to 10K USD and commissions are way better than MBT hands down. But I also seen a thread that their fills get easily rejected if the standard lot size is less than 250K. It would be nice to trade with dukas but I'm still trying to find if this is true or not.

So Tradestation (as a broker) really is crappy?

Such a pain looking for a decent broker :crap:

PA18,

My reason for starting this thread was mostly due to platform issues. The brokerage side is not so bad, unless there is a major disaster. When I decided to leave, there was a crisis where the data feed was crashing and you couldn't get anyone on the phone for hours.

I became a squeaky wheel.

I do a lot of business with TS, and am one of their "major" clients, so they assigned me a "higher up" rep who basically kisses my a$$, but does respond very quickly to any concerns I have.

I would not call TS crappy, they periodically have their issues - which are bad - but I would bet many brokers are similar. The advantage with TS is that they have a lot of clients giving feedback and demanding improvements. It is a competitive business - much more competitive than even 3 years ago. The advent of ninjatrader and amibroker created formidable rivals in the "lower priced platform" industry.

Hope that helps you.

So Tradestation (as a broker) really is crappy?

Well, if you are doing Forex, TS uses Gain Capital and they are often seen as: " Is Gain Capital the worst Forex Broker ever?"

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=74423

For example:

What can I say

it is happend with me before, I place order within the news time and I get rejected because it is no order allowed now, When I call the trade desk to ask why I don't get excuited on my order, they told me that Gain Capital stop all the trade before and after the news by 1 or 2 min. to protect the customer, it was smart answer, I said they do this because they want to protect themself because if they don't use this they going to loss money and also they make you loss more if you position against the news direction, you can't get out with small loss when the news come out, they stop trading even stoploss order have to wait. which smart idea from Gain capital to make the client loss more and more for their profits. I never see any broker house does this at all, I saw the other broker wideing the spread but they let you trade to get in or out when the news come out.

I wish TradeStation go with another Forex clearing house to be fair with TradeStation clients. and I wish to have any answer from Trade Staiton to make the clients satisfy

If you do CME and other futures, TS is not that bad.

Well, if you are doing Forex, TS uses Gain Capital and they are often seen as: " Is Gain Capital the worst Forex Broker ever?"

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=74423

For example:

> thunner > If you do CME and other futures, TS is not that bad.

Thanks, I never liked gain, I had gain for NT and the forex quotes were always way off. Doing a web search netted a 50/50 review for TS brokers for me meaning that I'm think I give TS a miss for now (difficult to get any reliable info on web until you actually tried it so sorry TS).

> waveslider > ok , I see, sorry about your troubles. It's always a pain looking for the ideal plaform, need time to test and test and test, annoying really. hope you get a solution soon and let us know how you fare. ;)

Opening an account in dukas looks painful so scrap that idea for now until my account grows. I'm going to go back to IB for now, I've never tried them for forex so it should be interesting, great commission structure so now have see what the fills are like.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

I've been with TS for 4 years. I'm dropping TS for Open E Cry.

Free data, no platform fees. Done deal.

I'm sick of TS screwing me out of 99 bucks a month if I don't pay them 100 bucks in commission.

Sorry I did not read threw the hole post. I have a TS story thought. I opened a small account with them mostly to try out their charting. But I wanted to try out their doom as well. One day I was trading corn and scalping in and out maybe 10 round turns. then I saw something and wanted to go long put in my order it was rejected! mum I said, lowered my position size put the buy stop in again. rejected again. put a 1 lot in still rejected. Called tech support. while on hold the corn went limit up. Tech support was nice and said the glitch was fix and my orders would go through now. Obviously he had no Fre*$#@ing clue that corn was limit up. (a$$hole) for being a weeny. For me its not 3 strikes and your out. I am more A one and done. So I was done. with no hard feelings. TS has a huge client base and they don't need me. Must be the same board of directors as GM and Chrysler?:crap:

I am using Infinity for futures and (tos) Think or Swim for stocks and options. I like them both very good customer service. I do miss TS data base for charting. Note Think or Swim just got bought out by TD bank so we'll have to see if they keep up c/s. Also on futures my Transact feed is faster than tos (TS was slower too). Tos had a new release today and said that latency should be fixed and would speed up the futures and forex charts. I hope so. I don't use any indicators so I don't need any fancy software. And I still have my first dollar it you know what I mean