Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Soultrader's Pivots for Tradestation

Thank you for the indicator. However it will not give mr the lines.

The values in the imput box consist of all "0".

Any ideas.

Thank You for your help.

Barry:)

Soultrader's indicator does not automatically get the High Low and Close for you. You have to type in those values where u see the zeroes.

Hey,

I appreciate the free indicators and all the hard work you programmers are willing to share. But, when I downloaded the eld and imported into my Trade Station platform, I get nothing. When importing the eld I answered yes to importing the funtion and the paint bar. I got a warning message saying the "LastbarOnChart" function already exisited and I chose not to replace it.

After that it looked like the indiactor was in place and I added it to a 5 minute chart and I get nothing. When I go into format the indicator, it says there are no plots (in the style tab).

I know I must have screwed something up in the install.

Could you give me some advice?

thanks,

Rick

After that it looked like the indiactor was in place and I added it to a 5 minute chart and I get nothing. When I go into format the indicator, it says there are no plots (in the style tab).

Not sure why this indicator is still being used. I don't believe Soultrader is using Tradestation any more and Ant is not around anymore. This indicator merely calculates the simple pivot formula based on MANUAL inputs of prior Daily HLC (High low close) and Weekly HLC. If you wish to use this indicator, please go to something like: http://www.mypivots.com/dn/

and pick the instrument of your choice and find the HLCs and fill them in manually. There are pivot indicators on the TS forum that will calculate the prior HLCs and current pivots automatically.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7544&stc=1&d=1218826943

5aa70e7c9d7de_stpivot2008-08-15_145339.gif.c8f783410d4691607683915212ecfd69.gif

Guest forsearch
There are pivot indicators on the TS forum that will calculate the prior HLCs and current pivots automatically.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7544&stc=1&d=1218826943

I'm not a TS forum subscriber but wonder if you could choose a few of those open source codes and post them over here in TL land?

thxs

Don't really mean to imply that the Soultrader/Ant pivot indicator is worthless. It may be more accurate to manually input the HLC because the Close value or settlement price is sometimes different from the Close you get for your instrument on a chart based on your datafeed. The most accurate settlement price will be the one you get from the exchange, such as CME.

It is also arguable whether projected pivots mean anything in modern trading. They are imaginary lines that traders can choose to follow or not. It is probably more helpful to study support and resistance at natural pivots (recent highs and lows) as other threads have done, such as the ones by DBphoenix.

There are many floor trader's pivot code that will extract prior HLC, the ones on TS forum are not any better than those available with a search. For example, this one is fine, courtesy of Tradersguild

{
Floor Trader & Fibonacci Pivot Points
Developed by David Laffineuse (trader2be@gmail.com)
Version 1.0: Feb. 7, 2008
http://tradersguild.wordpress.com
}

INPUTS:
PivotType(1),  {PivotsType:1, Standard; PivotType: 2, Fibonacci}
ShowMidPoints(false),
PivotLineColor(red),
SRLineColor(yellow),
TextColor(red),
PivotLineStyle(TOOL_DASHED),
SRLineStyle(TOOL_DOTTED);

VARIABLES:
	PP(0), 
	R1(0),  R2(0), R3(0), R1R2(0), R2R3(0),
	S1(0),  S2(0), S3(0), S1S2(0), S2S3(0),
	PPR1(0), PPS1(0), R1S1(0),
	PTIME(0), SETIME(0), MAXPTS(14),COUNT(0);	{14 levels of Pivots}

ARRAYS: PivotLevel[14](0),
	LineID[14](0),
	TEXTID[14](0),
	TextSTR[14]("");

SETIME = SessionEndTime(1,3);

IF ((Date <> Date[1]) AND (BarType < 2)) THEN

BEGIN

PP = (HighD(1) + LowD(1) + CloseD(1)) / 3;

IF (PivotType = 1) THEN

BEGIN

{Main Pivots}

R1 = 2*PP - LowD(1);
		S1 = 2*PP - HighD(1);
		R2 = PP - S1 + R1;
		S2 = PP - R1 + S1;
		S3 = PP - R2 + S2;
		R3 = PP - S2 + R2;

{Mid Points}

PPR1 = (PP+R1)/2;
		R1R2 = (R1+R2)/2;
		R2R3 = (R2+R3)/2;

PPS1 = (PP+S1)/2;
		S1S2 = (S1+S2)/2;
		S2S3 = (S2+S3)/2;	
		R1S1 = (R1+S1)/2;
	END

ELSE

BEGIN

{Fibonacci-based Pivots}

R1 = PP + (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .382;
		S1 = PP - (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .382;
		R2 = PP + (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .618;
		S2 = PP - (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .618;
		S3 = PP - (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .764;
		R3 = PP + (HighD(1)-LowD(1)) * .764;		

END;

{Pivot Level Initialization}

PivotLevel[1] = R3; 
PivotLevel[2] = R2;  
PivotLevel[3] = R1;  
PivotLevel[4] = PP;
PivotLevel[5]  = S1;
PivotLevel[6] = S2;
PivotLevel[7] = S3;

PivotLevel[8] = R2R3;  
PivotLevel[9] = R1R2;  
PivotLevel[10] = PPR1;
PivotLevel[11] = R1S1;
PivotLevel[12]  = PPS1;
PivotLevel[13] = S1S2;
PivotLevel[14] = S2S3;

{String Initialization}

TEXTSTR[1] = "R3";
TEXTSTR[2] = "R2";
TEXTSTR[3] = "R1";
TEXTSTR[4] = "PP";
TEXTSTR[5] = "S1";
TEXTSTR[6] = "S2";
TEXTSTR[7] = "S3";

TEXTSTR[8] = "R2R3";
TEXTSTR[9] = "R1R2";
TEXTSTR[10] = "PPR1";
TEXTSTR[11] = "R1S1";
TEXTSTR[12] = "PPS1";
TEXTSTR[13] = "S1S2";
TEXTSTR[14] = "S2S3";

if (ShowMidPoints = FALSE) OR (PivotType = 3) then maxpts = 7;

For Count = 1 to maxpts
	Begin
		LineID[Count] = TL_New(Date, 830, PivotLevel[count], Date, SETIME, PivotLevel[count]);
		if (count = 4) then {ACTUAL PIVOT}
			begin
				TL_SetColor(LineID[Count], PivotLineColor);				
				TL_SetStyle(LineID[Count], PivotLineStyle);						
			end

else
			begin
				TL_SetColor(LineID[Count], SRLineColor );
				TL_SetStyle(LineID[Count], SRLineStyle);
			end;

IF DATE = CURRENTDATE THEN 
			TL_SetExtRight(LineID[Count], true );

TextID[Count] = Text_New(Date, SETIME, PivotLevel[Count],TEXTSTR[count]+ ":"+ NumToStr(PivotLevel[Count],2));
		Text_SetStyle(TextID[Count], 1, 1 );
		Text_SetColor(TextID[Count], TextColor );
	End;
End;

Very helpful. I know they are not always points of resistance, but like anything they are helpful on some days. Appreciate the link to DBphoenix.

I am just in my first real year of trading and trying to hang in there long enough to learn the ropes and do this for a living. I really appreciate how helpful you all are!

Thank you Soultrader for this indicator, and for all the other TTM replicas,

I have downloaded it but I can't seem to understand what I need to do to get it set up. When you say we have to enter close high low for daily/monthly/weekly, are those the values for the previous days low/high/close?

Please help, thanks a lot! if you can give me an example even better, i appreciate it.

Eric

Guest forsearch
When you say we have to enter close high low for daily/monthly/weekly, are those the values for the previous days low/high/close?

.........Yes.

Just go into format, and type the color you want in the input tab for the assigned pivot. From my experience you can't change the position tho, it will let you initially, but when you switch timeframes it will change back. If you dont want to see the line just make the color the color of your window background.

Is there a way to add an alert to this indicator, so that when a pivot is touched intraday, the alert triggers? Im tired of staring at my monitors all day!

Thanks.

Soultrader: I am new to Tradestation and imported your pivot formula today. When I insert the indicator nothing happens. Am I supposed to input all the data manually each day. When I look at inputs all that data is = 0. Thanks for the site. I have gotten much help here already

Inidcator Tip

This indicator, as it is currently written, requires that the daily/weekly/monthly numbers be manually entered, otherwise no pivots will appear on the chart. If you don't want to enter the data manually, set the inputs as follows:

DailyHigh = HighD(1)

DailyLow = LowD(1)

DailyClose = CloseD(1)

WeeklyHigh = HighW(1)

WeeklyLow = LowW(1)

WeeklyClose = CloseW(1)

MonthlyHigh = HighM(1)

MonthlyLow = LowM(1)

MonthlyClose = CloseM(1)

These parameters can also be changed in the "inputs" section of the code. You will still be able to overwrite the numbers if so desired.

Note: Keep in mind that the pivots may be different when using an intraday chart versus a daily/weekly/monthly chart because the close/settle may be different.

Hope this helps.

This indicator is very goog, an with the setups of Ant, it's perfect.

But, I try to write a plugg in for plot the level of each point and I don't make it.

Are you find the code for this ?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

Thank you very much. I have been looking for a formula like this. I would like to know if it is possible to tweak the formula so it only draws horizontal lines at Yesterday's High Price, Yesterdays Low Price, Yesterday's Closing Price, and Today's Opening Price. I can draw the intermediate lines myself, but I don't want to waste time drawing Primary Support and Resistance Lines when it seems that it could be done automatically. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip. Is it possible to calculate pivots on a 24hr basis, but from 1630 prev day to 1615 today? I'm early in learning EL so forgive me if its a simple question. Thanks.

Inidcator Tip

This indicator, as it is currently written, requires that the daily/weekly/monthly numbers be manually entered, otherwise no pivots will appear on the chart. If you don't want to enter the data manually, set the inputs as follows:

DailyHigh = HighD(1)

DailyLow = LowD(1)

DailyClose = CloseD(1)

WeeklyHigh = HighW(1)

WeeklyLow = LowW(1)

WeeklyClose = CloseW(1)

MonthlyHigh = HighM(1)

MonthlyLow = LowM(1)

MonthlyClose = CloseM(1)

These parameters can also be changed in the "inputs" section of the code. You will still be able to overwrite the numbers if so desired.

Note: Keep in mind that the pivots may be different when using an intraday chart versus a daily/weekly/monthly chart because the close/settle may be different.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip. Is it possible to calculate pivots on a 24hr basis, but from 1630 prev day to 1615 today? I'm early in learning EL so forgive me if its a simple question. Thanks.

anything is possible... if you can imagine it, you can do it.

simple operation takes little time create,

complicated operation (ie out of ordinary) takes a little longer make.

miracles are possible...

Start reading !

Edited by Tams