Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Khepfere

Is Ninja/Zen Fast Enough for EMini Futures Trading

Hello-

I am in the process of setting up my trading system for Futures. I am little reluctant to proceed with Trade Station because of the data problems I've been reading about with them lately. I am thinking of using Ninja/Zen and either Mirus or Velocity Futures as the broker.

I'd like to know your experience with the speed of getting data and placing orders with such a Ninja based system - since most of the work in Ninja (especially for advanced orders) is done client side and not Server side.

Do you find you miss opportunities, get bad fills or does it seem to be fast enough to allow you to be competitive.

Thanks

Khepfere

Is there a reason you made 3 posts all with the same text? I deleted 2 of them and this one needs to stay productive or you may see this vanish as well.

Please keep on track and don't spam here.

Thanks

I 'm with Nt also but thru mirus.

The feed and platform is great for day trading the eminis.

Amp is good but I would say customer service is only abt 5% better.

Reckon amp comms are better than mirus. Nt is not exactly free which is

false advertising. Every little thing like dynamic dom will cost.

Guess its the least of the evils out there at the moment.

I ve been with Amp futures/Zenfire and Ninja. Most of these guys were former floor traders and a guy named Collins has been so helpful and supportive with any issues I had with Ninja charting setups etc.

Nt is not exactly free which is

false advertising. Every little thing like dynamic dom will cost.

Guess its the least of the evils out there at the moment.

And that is what turned me off to NT. It's not free, regardless of what anyone may say. If it was free, how could NT stay in business, right?

So just keep that in mind when comparison shopping. You want stability and reliability, but you also should watch your business expenses. IMO Open ECry offers a very attractive free option that is also very solid. I came from a platform that I was paying $500/mo for and have to say that OEC has been great to me.

I think Ninja is great for newbies (because it is free to demo), and the cost is very reasonable, imho. I know of a trader who uses Ninja for charting and data (using a free demo), and places orders through another setup, if you're completely averse to fees.

Guess I must be a newbie then -))))

Agree with brownsfan. Check out the hidden costs in NT.

With a free lisc from amp u can't even access market wizard / or strategies.

With many providing bracket orders inclusive in fees, NT makes u buy the lisc.

Then there's all the little bugs u might experience. Go read their forum and see what the major questions are.

But eotrop indis will be available for NT in abt a mth I think. Thats if u're into the indis.

But to be fair its a maturing platform. So am giving it some rope.

I think Ninja is great for newbies (because it is free to demo), and the cost is very reasonable, imho. I know of a trader who uses Ninja for charting and data (using a free demo), and places orders through another setup, if you're completely averse to fees.

yea i heard it too and they place order with transact AT...