Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

kvn

Support and Resistance

Can see the thumbnails, but the enlarged pictire shows blank, anything that can be done about that? I have looked at plenty of other thumbnails that worked and am using firefox

I have exactly the same problem.

if you draw enough lines on your chart,

one of them is going to stick...

and you can can call it support/resistance/pivot... or whatever you will.

The concept of supply/demand analysis seems to work better than simple support resistance. Probably because it provides a range of prices instead of just a "line in the sand", and in part because of the way I frame the market....I have charts posted on several threads including "An Institutional Look at S&P Futures"....using that concept requires some background and the operator has to understand the related concept of balance and imbalance....most retail traders don't really get that...but if you ever have a chance to look at the display boards around the perimeter of the CME exchange you would notice that a lot of participants pay close attention to the balance/imbalance numbers that are published there. My approach allows the operator to estimate balance/imbalance pretty accurately and get on the right side.....

Good luck

I'm reentering trading after a long hiatus. Before reentering seriously, I spent a lot of time developing systems - I call it hobbyist mode. When I became serious, I quickly realized that overlaying my systems on SR levels improved my trading dramatically. I started just out writing them down. Here is the main chart I now use for that:

URL Deleted by Moderator

Key levels I follow throughout the trading day:

last hour

previous day

overnight

morning

Daily

Than the 30 minute channel to help determine intraday trend.

To elaborate on BlowFish, fractals are repeating patterns. In trading, they can allow you to take the risk of a short term trade, and parlaying that into a longer term trade.

For a very simple example, if you entered long at the start of an uptrend, which was a wave inside of a larger uptrend, you are using fractals. Most people who do analysis on different timeframes are using fractals in one way or another.

for 3 years,have also been unable to grasp what fractal meant on a chart,thank you for the explanation,it's a fraction of a move,or a fractional movement in a larger picture of movements,

Whether markets are 'truly fractal' or not they do appear to have a deal of self similarity. So, supply and demand played out through price action looks similar regardless of how you view it (assuming you are using a chart). Obviously 'support' viewed on a weekly chart is a different animal to 'support' viewed on a 3minute chart!