Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Intro to Mini Hang Seng Index Futures

Guest forsearch

I am not familar with IBs website. Can't somebody just tell me the commission if they already know?

C'mon AgeKay, you know how to work a search button, don't you?

Go to the IB website, as suggested already, and enter "commission" in the search box. Then look it up.

To make it even easier for you, I'll even give you another hint: Interactive Brokers - keyword: commissions

A little elbow grease goes a long way here....

-fs

Thanks for the links. Sorry, I was tired and lazy last night. The round turn commission for MHI on IB is HKD 34.00 (4.35 USD), so the commission is huge compared to tick size, but as somebody pointed out it might be ok if the daily range is also huge. Can anybody give me an idea of the daily range?

Daily range is about 500 ticks when it's moving well.

Even on the big contract, you're looking at roughly 1:1 ratio of tick/commission, however the hang seng never moves "1 tick" it's always flicking up and down 10 - 15 ticks at a time.

Hi traders,

For new traders looking for a place to start with minimal risk, I find the Mini Hang Seng Index Futures contract a good market to begin your trading journey.

This is due to the small tick size of $10HK or approx $1 USD. The focus should not be to make money but to learn the art of trading and focus on good trades. This will take time for new traders and the risk is relatively high for those that want to jump right into various popular futures market.

Hence, the Mini Hang Seng.... intraday trades can be placed with minimal risk of approx 20-30 ticks. That is almost equal to 2 ticks on the ES. A great starting contract for new traders. See attached contract spec and chart.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7271&stc=1&d=1215504237

attachment.php?attachmentid=7272&stc=1&d=1215504298

hello friend,

can you tell me are still trading hengseng mini ?

On 8/26/2008 at 8:50 PM, Guest forsearch said:

C'mon AgeKay, you know how to work a search button, don't you?

Go to the IB website, as suggested already, and enter "commission" in the search box. Then look it up.

To make it even easier for you, I'll even give you another hint: Interactive Brokers - keyword: commissions

A little elbow grease goes a long way here....

-fs

We have a progressive commissions scale https://optimusfutures.com/Futures-Trading-Pricing.php