Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jerich

USDJPY Discussions

Corporations saying it is going to 110-115 while others are saying we are headed back to 90. Will be interesting to see who is right. Japan needs YEN at 100 to keep their corporations from losing money and 110 to see profits and growth.

Best to stay out and not enter a trade now unless you are very long and hoping for 110 this year but otherwise it could spike to 106 or drop to 103. S&P 500 could see mid 1850's next week so with a strong S&P 500 the Dollar could rally further.

Best to stay out and not enter a trade now unless you are very long and hoping for 110 this year but otherwise it could spike to 106 or drop to 103. S&P 500 could see mid 1850's next week so with a strong S&P 500 the Dollar could rally further.

from my point of view it is developing a contracting triangle and this contracting triangle seems to break in the same direction like the one on the eurusd will do.....the winner here is going to be the eurjpy

TW

from my point of view it is developing a contracting triangle and this contracting triangle seems to break in the same direction like the one on the eurusd will do.....the winner here is going to be the eurjpy

TW

usdjpy and eurusd move somewhat parallel ...eurjpy has bigger vaiation levels though..

usdjpy is near a very good buy zone bt this range has become so unpredictable....

Im still not sure where i shd go a log at 102 with target 105 which is think could happen if it gets a nice support here..

What do u say what i should do?

Decided to pull out of 101.7 long. 102.2 was not even touched let alone 102.7. I think the unusual strength in S&P 500 which is nearly topping even though dollar index is headed downwards is dubious at best.

Edited by Ammeo

UBS has entered a fresh USD/JPY position as a trade recommendation from 103.00, targeting 105.00 initially and then 110.00, with a stop at 101.00.

Coming into the year, a favorite trade was to sell the yen on expectations of easing. Those expectations continue to be dampened and the yen is one of the top performers this year and the best G8 currency this month. There is talk that official channels are buying USD/JPY to limit the downside. If so, that’s a factor that can’t last forever."

So, there is intervention since the beginning of the year to maintain Yen weakness.

I think the current confrontation with Russia will cause them to throw in the towel, as far as weakening the Yen is concerned. And we will see USDJPY under 100.00 in the near term. It might even hit 90.00 depending on how far Russia/West is willing to take the fight.

Coming into the year, a favorite trade was to sell the yen on expectations of easing. Those expectations continue to be dampened and the yen is one of the top performers this year and the best G8 currency this month. There is talk that official channels are buying USD/JPY to limit the downside. If so, that’s a factor that can’t last forever."

So, there is intervention since the beginning of the year to maintain Yen weakness.

I think the current confrontation with Russia will cause them to throw in the towel, as far as weakening the Yen is concerned. And we will see USDJPY under 100.00 in the near term. It might even hit 90.00 depending on how far Russia/West is willing to take the fight.

Strongly disagree here. Usdjpy is here to stay well above 100, with much, much higher levels to come.

Just saying.

TW:helloooo:

Strongly disagree here. Usdjpy is here to stay well above 100, with much, much higher levels to come.

Just saying.

TW:helloooo:

Well it was an assumption on if certain possibilities may turn real which currently isnt likely though.

Agreeing to ur and general perception of many of the other currency analysts around the world long term is indeed Bullish.

Closed my longs opened from 101.1x , will be looking to go another long on a good setup. This pair only seems to be the long play on the safe side..

Descending trend line resistance on H1 again signals 101.50 and 101.30 levels. However a sustained break could once again lead the pair towards 102 level.

usdjpyh1.thumb.png.39cbe2ec38ff1dff6e5317245d08043f.png

While Japan is on QE working on reaching 2% inflation target until 2016 or when 2% inflation target is reached and QE is lifted, whichever is earlier, JPY will be weak. I think all JPY pairs trends will be UP. They will go down from time to time but the overall trend will be UP.

if ECB do cut the interest rate to negative level,

EUR will be regarded as a better carry-trade currency than JPY.

i will not be surprised to see a nice diving performance of U/J soon.