Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

theman

Bid/ask Indicator?

Hi

In tradestation, is there a way to display a indicator that will show you the bid/ask entries.

Eotpro, they use it but for multichart, would be great if someone can do it for Tradestation?

Many thanks

theman

eotpro is available for the TS platform, in fact Bill is fairly active on the TS forum. A little pricey at $144 per month lease, here is an explanation of the system by Bill:

eotpro

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to answer a question I received via PM to a MC user that asked:

"What is you trading based on? what triggers you in a trade?"

I use these these indicators to watch a few things

1. Price is the most important of them all and I use an indicator called the Patty B to trigger me in to the trade. It gives me a red or green dot.

2. Volume analysis is the next critical item. I use the indicator called Shelly's volume to help determine the Direction of volume and I want to make sure its moving in my trade direction

3. Cycles. I use the indicator called Market sync to help compare short and long cycles in the market to give the bias of the cycles.

4. Intermarket analysis. I use other markets to give me a heads up on what the e-minis are doing or likely to do.

All 4 of these things need to line up for me in order for me to make a trade. I consider when all these things line up to high probability trade

Hope that answers your question

Regards

Bill

Guest forsearch
Hi

In tradestation, is there a way to display a indicator that will show you the bid/ask entries.

What are you really asking for here?

Orders resting for the bid and ask? Use the TS order matrix (DOM) to see these.

Trades completed at the bid and ask? Use the Bid Ask Volume Ratio indicator in TS.

Or try this:

Bid-Ask Pressure Indicator

ba%20indicator.jpg

Hope this helps.

-fs

forsearch

Thats what I wanted, is there a way to make it look like an indicator i.e. it gets overlayed onto the price rather then bar graphs

Thanks

Yes forsearch. Can you also make it cook and iron my clothes for me? :roll eyes: Joking Joking...

Theman: the nature of this indicator would not make sense overlaid on price.

Why would you want it overlaid on price? What exactly do you want this indicator for, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry smwinc, maybe its my lack of knowledge, I think it should be ok with the bargraph.

Thanks

no apologies, the only people who aren't learning in this industry are the ones who gave up.

Cheers