Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

alban

Any Experience with the Tom Busby`s Trading Method?

Hello,

do you have any experience with Tom Busby`s Trading Method or have you read his books: "The Markets never sleep" and "Winning the Day Trading game"? He also offers a Live Trading Room http://www.dtitrader.com.

I already hear about Tom Busby`Trading Method, and I don`t know how worth is it. It sounds for me interesting, because his focus is on different global future markets.

What is your experience? how worth is it?

Thank you for your comments!

alban,

I can give you anecdotal information since we are the primary provider of market data to Tom Busby's (DTI) Stockbox and Roadmap software. We have a large number of users running it, and we rarely (if ever) receive negative feedback. The key is that he isn't just giving buy/sell indicators. Instead, he teaches a method and psychology around his trading. Based on the feedback from our users, I would suggest that it is something to at least look into and see if it will match your trading goals.

Jay

IMHO, if,you have listened to any of his webinars, it is one big sales pitch for some thinky that he is selling. $15,000 and he will sell you the holy grail. He is looking out for #1

Very few people give freely what they know for the benefit of others. There's good money in selling hopes and dreams to people. Just a general guideline to remember.

Just a quick word, I have taken the DTI courses mentioned in this thread in Mobile, Alabama, and am very pleased with what I have learned and their service. They have terrific "physical" facilities, and their training is top's. Their training room is in the center of their building, kind of circular, also kind of like cinema stadium seating, so that no matter where you sit you have a perfect view of their projection screens and who is teaching.

Every contact I have had with DTI has been very professional in everyway.

I have taken their introductory courses and also their advanced courses, and I use their software package the gentlemen from DTN Iq-feed mentioned.

I have been in their chat room for a couple years and never once have they ever promised a holy grail. Tom Busby is the first one to tell you that trading is not easy, and that you need an education and understanding of the markets to be profitable. This takes time and a lot of studying and discipline, and again they quickly tell everyone that.

If a person is looking for a long term relationship with a professional training and teaching company, then they might want to consider DTI. They pretty much support their students for as long as it takes. Yes, there are additional courses that a person can take but these are not required but would be very useful. Markets and trading can change over time, so most people can understand why continuing education can be a valuable thing.

Hope this helps... just my thoughts.

I think your comment would be 100 times more convincing if this wasn't your first post ever here at TL.

I think this is comments like this which make new people reluctant to post. What would a convincing first post look like?

I think this is comments like this which make new people reluctant to post. What would a convincing first post look like?

Point is that you take posts that promote a service with a grain of salt when it's one 'random' person posting. That's the point.

In case you haven't visited the forum circuit before, a VERY COMMON spam methodology of these companies that are too damn cheap to actually pay for some advertising is to post on forums hoping that some noob's will ready it and then go over there and spend money.

So maybe if this new person would like to contribute to the forum and talk about what they've learned, how they use it, etc. etc. it might hold something.

I'll go out on a limb and say we may never hear from this new poster again... At least nothing that will actually provide some meaningful discussions.

I'll go out on a limb and say we may never hear from this new poster again... At least nothing that will actually provide some meaningful discussions.

You are probably right. But we would never know if this was because he was a spammer or because his first post got shot down by a moderator without giving him the benefit of the doubt. Would you post again to a forum if your first post was met like that? I wouldn't.

In the same thread the moderator, without providing any background about his own experience with the company which would make his agreement more convincing, agreed with a one line post without much substance by a poster with 3 posts. When someone makes a positive post it gets shot down however.

I for one would like to see moderators to be more objective and take the neutral ground instead of chasing away first time posters, just because they don't agree with what they say.

I don't care what moderators do (as long as they stay out a my face! -- think Concrete Gumboots OAC :deal:)

But.

A first time poster on a subject like this is extremely suspect.

Even if they are "normal people" they were probably asked by the course people to come and give a positive review.

It doesn't mean that the review is wrong --- just that its only a little more trustworthy than an invitation to invest with your long lost 3rd cousin twice removed in Nigeria.

I for one would like to see moderators to be more objective and take the neutral ground instead of chasing away first time posters, just because they don't agree with what they say.

I don't disagree with what he said, where did you get that idea ?

All I said in the previous post was , Busby came across like a salesman.(based on the two free webinars I have attended)

How about:-

Hi, I am xxxx. I have been trading for yyy years and am interested in intraday trading the YM using price based S/R levels. I took the Tom Busby seminar which I found valuable but wish I had found this site sooner as I see most of what I learnt there is discussed here in great depth for gratis! Look forward to talking about these techniques.

Well, sorry for making my first post - I didn't read where it says I need to wait a while. I really don't spend a lot of times in forums, and was initially here trying to find some help with data questions and ran across this thread.

I have not, and never have worked for DTI and no one hates spam more than me. No one has EVER asked me to post anything positive or negative about DTI.

But unfortunately, this is the nature of the web - anyone can say anything good or bad. I normally look on the positve, and tried to be helpful.

Regardless, I attempted to give an honest opinion of DTI and my experience and not let a thread "mis-lead to the negative" someone's reputation by posting of a few people that just perhaps don't have the long time experience with DTI as I do. I can understand while one is hesitant of everyone out there selling something, that is why a person has to do their homework themselve and see what fits for them (at least that is my opinion).

I have been "day trading" for about 9 years, and was an investor before that since about 1985. All I am saying is, I have attended many seminars, paid my dues for a lot of services "that just didn't add up" and I have found DTI not to be of that type.

Going back to my initial post, as I write this one it is 2:57 pm Eastern Time, and there has not been one sales pitch in the DTI chat room today. Gotta go...another trade coming up at 3:30 pm.

Again... hopes this helps... I just trying to be helpful...:)

Hope that limb doesn't break off...:), as I will gladly stay here and help with questions about DTI.

You could be right about others, but what you said doesn't apply to me. I am just offering my opinion.

Interesting. Your credibility rises with more than one post that doesn't read like a sales letter but still requires posts outside this immediate area to rise much.

However, in the area of "recommendations" let the reader always beware. Sharks live in these waters.

When I was modding at T2W we discovered a bunch of egyptians (12 ids and multiple people supposedly from different countries) who were puffing a course/system and had done so for 2 years. We only found them because one of their machines went haywire and pumped out a bunch of posts that caused us to investigate. So unless you see 100s of posts across a range of areas or know the poster ---- beware of recommendations for courses!!!!

Hope that limb doesn't break off...:), as I will gladly stay here and help with questions about DTI.

So out of the kindness of your heart you will stay on here and answer all questions pertaining to DTI, all for nothing in return. Somehow I find that hard to believe. Maybe if you would participate in discussions w/o having to do anything with DTI that would give you a little more credit here, but I think the moderator was right, this just another form of spamming. But hey, good luck :thumbs up:

So out of the kindness of your heart you will stay on here and answer all questions pertaining to DTI, all for nothing in return. :

Why would you find that hard to believe? You don't know me. Isn't that the purpose of a forumn to help people for free? Do the moderators here get paid? I know that in many forumns people help others all the time without getting paid or compensated in some way. I am just doing the same in a slow market minute for me, or to take a break.

I don't mean I am going to stay here every minute of every day, but I am willing to drop in every couple days as long as this thread continues with questions about DTI.

You noticed the gentlemen from DTN Iq-feed chimed in and said something to the effect that his company receives no or few complaints to those using DTN Iq-feed and DTI. I am just agreeing with him, and giving more first hand knowledge. Also, notice that was his first post also.

However, I tried to help the person who asked the original question to this thread... they asked did anyone have any experience with DTI. After reading the thread, no one did - I was the first one that who actually was a paying client of DTI to answer their question. Isn't the purpose of a forumn to help a person like him?

I can see the thread has already degraded into some thinking because I had something positive to say about DTI that I must be getting something out of it. The only thing I am getting out of it is offering an opinion in a forum before someone lays their good hard cash down for something. I have done that myself on a few occasions, and its not fun. But, that doesn't mean that everything out there is bad. Again, I find DTI very good.

Now to what they do, it is definately different than most.

DTI trades the world markets, and we learn how to do that 23 hours and 45 minutes a day if we can stay awake that long. Some just trade the nite markets, others the day, whatever a person wants to do.

I was drawn to DTI because I found myself being in a position that I would not be able to be in front of the computer during all normal USA market hours of 9:30am to 4:15pm eastern.

DTI had a couple early morning trades that took place before 7am eastern, and since I was an early riser, this was great (being up at 5am or earlier eastern time). The plays, develop depending on what has taken place in the far east and also Europe - and I would trade the DAX or ES/YM,NQ during that timeframe depending on the stronger market.

It would have taken me years to figure all these plays out to be profitable, and I preferred to let Tom Busby help me with this since he had spent years developing them (as a side note: he developed the DAX trade after 9/11 when US markets were closed I think he needed to trade or hedge positions).

DTI are tape readers just like the old days, and it takes time to learn to do that correctly - and they tell everyone that daily. DTI doesn't use charts very much (I don't think Tom Busby ever uses charts), but I personally do.

Now my schedule is also free during the day as well to trade, but often times I have made my daily goal by 7 or 8am eastern time, and I am not willing to give it back the rest of the day.

Hope this helps... and also hope the extra insight on why I was drawn to DTI makes sence.

All I said in the previous post was , Busby came across like a salesman.(based on the two free webinars I have attended)

I would say this is a fair statement, the purpose of the free webinars would be to recruit new students and clients.

However, thats not to say he isn't a very good trader, and he has a lot to offer...:)

Why would you find that hard to believe? You don't know me. Isn't that the purpose of a forumn to help people for free?

EXACTLY!!!! But the only help you are offering here is to sway people to pay $15k for some "System" or whatever you want to call it.

And what is the rep from DTN going to say?? Oh yeah, DTI is bad, don't buy their system and at the same time don't pay us for the data. Common sense shows that the more people that buy the DTI stuff the more that subscribe to DTN. So of course they are going to back them.

The fact is I have been to two of Busby's webinars , read his book, "Market Never Sleeps" ,and read 4 lengthy posts byTraderguy101, I have not gotten one single good idea that has helped me in trading the market. The only thing I got from Tom Busby toward the end of a live Saturday webinar was a hot tip as he put it, if the Dow e-minis does such and such between the hours of 6:00pm to 8:00 pm the following Sunday evening, then go long with trailing stop at x. Guess what, it didn't work.

EXACTLY!!!! But the only help you are offering here is to sway people to pay $15k for some "System" or whatever you want to call it.

Like you say EXACTLY, I don't know what your motives are, and you don't know mine. But mine is just to anwer the original posting. Please read the original post, a person asked for anyone's experience with DTI and I "offered" it cause no one else here has been a client of theirs - and mine has been very very good. I think I "offered" a lot in doing that.

Just curious, do you not thinks its odd that the only person that is being challenged is the person who had a positive experience?

I think the package is about $10k, and again it is not a "System", they just don't have one...:) and they will be the first ones to tell you that. I think that price includes software, an initial at home class that takes about a week with DVD's and manuals, then two weeks in Mobile, Alabama for training, and lifetime support. It is an education so "I" can learn to trade the markets on my own in whatever time frame best suits me. I am not trying to "sway" anyone, just trying to help "people" know there is a good company out there I found and I have been happy with - and that is DTI.

Hope this helps....

4 lengthy posts byTraderguy101, I have not gotten one single good idea that has helped me in trading the market.

Sorry to waste your time, I was just answering the original post from the person who asked about the DTI program.

This thread was started in May. Some of you may not be aware that since last month, we instituted a new policy of not allowing new thread like this one that solicit opinions on vendors. but we do have a section that has review of brokers and software. Even though Tom Busby is marketing his own piece of software here, but it is more about his methodology and training both live and online. So unless you guys have something to add, I am going to close this thread.

Thanks