Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Commodities Trades

(LONG WEAT (Wheat) from 4.0400 not a Day trade.. ) from couple of weeks back..

still got this !!! ....did say not a day trade.....still around 4.04 ....

added Some LONG Silver...at 16.90

and some SHORT Oil 126.22

(LONG WEAT (Wheat) from 4.0400 not a Day trade.. ) from couple of weeks back..

still got this !!! ....did say not a day trade.....still around 4.04 ....

added Some LONG Silver...at 16.90

and some SHORT Oil 126.22

....out Oil at 125.68 +34 I still feel we are probing the recent range extremes atm

If you ever need proff that commodities are high risk...see the reversal on TIN today...

long Tin up 26% and short Tin down 26% in a sharp revsal of the last few weeks one way trading

short Oil $125.62...

posted initally to wrong thread

I still have this SHORT...thankfully tiny position.. been to $129 !!

Hopefully some downside now...

I still have this SHORT...thankfully tiny position.. been to $129 !!

Hopefully some downside now...

btw, is that the QM Crude oil you are trading?

Looks like you're back in profit, I have it at 123.47 right now

btw, is that the QM Crude oil you are trading?

Looks like you're back in profit, I have it at 123.47 right now

Hi FW its Crude Oil Jul 08.... I have just closed at $123.54 up 208

I am still bearish and my target was 123.09 but that looks too far, ahead of the 3:30 crude figures that are its biggest mover.. but as I will be in the school playground then...thought I would cash in my chips.. might come back to $118 but thats life...

Hi FW its Crude Oil Jul 08.... I have just closed at $123.54 up 208

I am still bearish and my target was 123.09 but that looks too far, ahead of the 3:30 crude figures that are its biggest mover.. but as I will be in the school playground then...thought I would cash in my chips.. might come back to $118 but thats life...

Well done... :thumbs up:

Here's some more oil news..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/jun/03/commodities?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

Do you put stops on your trades?

short Oil $124.74

Hi Brown....no...stops in the market...although try to choose entry carefully...

not and exact science in Oil though. Have been offside 300 in the past..

atm feel its sucking people in then will drop to $118-120 in the next week or so..

you going to give it a go?

short Oil $124.74

Hi Brown....no...stops in the market...although try to choose entry carefully...

not and exact science in Oil though. Have been offside 300 in the past..

atm feel its sucking people in then will drop to $118-120 in the next week or so..

you going to give it a go?

I was just wondering if you put stops on since it's so volatile. I'm just focusing on the ES currently since the moves have been nice lately.

Good trading!

Taking some pain now...thank goodness they are small positions...

that rally on the back of the ECB rate rise news...really caught me out...

I share your pain, Foale, having shorted earlier this morning. Still in now, but wishing I'd just set a tighter stop and taken the loss.:(

I share your pain, Foale, having shorted earlier this morning. Still in now, but wishing I'd just set a tighter stop and taken the loss.:(

I am leaving those while I can ....

I did no another couple of quickies netting +65..... too quick to post

but yes take the loss springs to mind...

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Thursday's and Friday's action is the kind if extreme greed action that suggests this is oil's final hurrah for this, its longest and biggest upleg of its secular bull run to date. So short at 13759 with a view to holding and looking for sub 10000 - bringing it back to its long term trend.

I accept it could still spike to a further extreme before engaging its long overdue correction so if we first move up higher and even see the 15000 prophesy self-fulfilling then I will add more.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Thursday's and Friday's action is the kind if extreme greed action that suggests this is oil's final hurrah for this, its longest and biggest upleg of its secular bull run to date. So short at 13759 with a view to holding and looking for sub 10000 - bringing it back to its long term trend.

I accept it could still spike to a further extreme before engaging its long overdue correction so if we first move up higher and even see the 15000 prophesy self-fulfilling then I will add more.

I'm going to stick my neck out too and going to say:

(a) the market can stay irrational for longer than... (you know)

(b) even if parabolic rises usually signal the end of a move, they seldom reverse in the same way straight away (but it can happen)

© would you exit your trade if you were in a long position?

I'm going to stick my neck out too and going to say:

(a) the market can stay irrational for longer than... (you know)

(b) even if parabolic rises usually signal the end of a move, they seldom reverse in the same way straight away (but it can happen)

© would you exit your trade if you were in a long position?

Fair points FW -

I'm in small - and have precalculated my phase ins so there'll be no excessive exposure.

I don't pretend I can call the top but I think the signs are there. It's all speculative cash from the big players and when the plug is pulled it'll drop hard and fast.

I'd wager the trigger will be some coordinated action from governments plus further signs of slowing / stalflating economies. But that's guesswork.

This upleg in oil has been a 175% whopper - the previous largest upleg was 68%. The long term trend channel sees us at $90 - $100. Corrections tend to mirror uplegs in their size.