Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Off, Yet on Topic

Nasty day for me today on cable after a good start, gave away all profits and more. Really gutted after missing the short signals and too stubborn to switch.

At least I stuck to my stops. Feeling very low, hope I do not take out my vengence on the eminis this afternoon.

Net - 30 pips.

Anyone know how I move my 'uncategorised' blogs into my new titled folder?

:doh:

Click on the blog entry,

click right below 'Edit Blog Entry'

scroll down

check the appropriate blog category

click save changes

I really need to tell you everything, don't I? :stick out tongue:

:doh:

Click on the blog entry,

click right below 'Edit Blog Entry'

scroll down

check the appropriate blog category

click save changes

I really need to tell you everything, don't I? :stick out tongue:

Thanks FW, I worked that out already.

Thsi thread is getting intense! LOL :boxing:

FW's just jealous, he gets like this... :rofl:

You only posted that so you could use a different smiley didn't you!! :hmmmm:

Hmmm, been one of those days. Should have been trading EJ and not GJ after all!

This happens to me too sometimes. I look at the ES / NQ / YM and I when there is a signal, I prefer to take it where the entry is with the least risk and small stop. Very often the instrument I decide to take the trade on moves less in comparison than the one I didn't take the trade on! :\

This happens to me too sometimes. I look at the ES / NQ / YM and I when there is a signal, I prefer to take it where the entry is with the least risk and small stop. Very often the instrument I decide to take the trade on moves less in comparison than the one I didn't take the trade on! :\

Thats exactly what happened to me yesterday so you live, learn and adapt and today I spread my exposure over both eradicating that issue, plus, should one get spiked out for example, all is not lost.

I saw this downer coming from yesterday, unfortunately premarket 13030 short was too risque for me ( no bottle).

The low volume in the last hour was the giveaway.

EJ bounced off the same support as yesterday and GJ following suit.

Despite the obviousness of the actions, I am too late to act now and by golly, I have a plan, and that plan says wait before acting too hastily!

Trend over S/R.

TWS is great. Not slow. Not stuck here.

I use Sierra Chart to chart the data and as a front end for order entry and management.

>> core2duo 8500, 4G ram, XP, TWS&SC run on a Ramdisk both with priorities set to Above Normal, TWS 882.2, Java 1.6_06 <<

Command line for max efficiency & speed:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\javaw.exe  -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;jcommon-1.0.0.jar;
jfreechart-1.0.0.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=false -server -Xss128k 
-Xms256m -Xmx256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:CompileThreshold=50 
-XX:ThreadStackSize=192 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods 
-XX:+RelaxAccessControlCheck -XX:MaxInlineSize=8192 -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods 
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent 
-Xnoclassgc jclient/LoginFrame R:\Jts', 'R:\JTS' )

Morning all, I have a question. What software do you guys use to trade and whats the advantage about it? I am getting quite annoyed with TWS always being slow and stuck.....

Thanks

Have you tried running the latest Java 1.5.xxx?

I had trouble using 1.6 in the past...

Hi FW and all,

How was everyones week?

Average week. Good trades on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Bias on Thursday prevented me from taking the long side.

Missed trade on Friday, because the train left the station right at the open, although it was screaming at me for a short from 13030. Bit of frustrating there.

Lessons learned:

(1) it's really imperative to be able to switch from short to long and vice versa within a matter of seconds

(2) if there's a clear cut trade 15 to 30 minutes before the open, I'm going to enter a small part of my position and add later, unless there is news. Been contemplating that a lot recently, and each time I tell myself to wait for the markets to open, it runs off without me :frustrated:

Positive elements:

Once I got back "in check" with the market, I was correct on reading the signals.

And now that I think about it, all of this should be in my blog!