Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Uh-oh... I'm in trouble now... Alpari won't show me any 4-hour candles back far enough now to plot S/R lines lower than the one I have at 169.88.

Hmmm... anyone have suggestions on getting older 4-hour data from somewhere? Metatrader only goes back to 6 sep 2001, on my platform.

Ahhh, bugger! I have nothing either... Gonna have to use dailies mate!

I'm switching off for now though. Had enough this week... Blog updated and chart later but right now I've had enough.

Hope you can find more data!

Not that I see the point in trying to find the bottom, we do have a problem in that we only have data on the daily TF pre 9/11 (coincidence?)...

Looks like we may have support around here according to the monthlies but ATM, I can't really trade below here as without S/R, I have nothing to gauge by.......

end.thumb.gif.5908ba2302a8142d0fd90fa81ccc11cd.gif

Yes but I was just looking at the 'bigger picture'. I can't trade my style of dailies though really... Not ideally anyhow.

Long atm from 167.30 and hoping with the Nikkei dieing, its the Yens turn to fail and we should make back some ground.

Hope so anyhow so we have more solid S/R to work from.

If we break 168.50 then next up should be 170.50 region and then it gets a little easier (if we stay up there)

Not that I see the point in trying to find the bottom, we do have a problem in that we only have data on the daily TF pre 9/11 (coincidence?)...

Looks like we may have support around here according to the monthlies but ATM, I can't really trade below here as without S/R, I have nothing to gauge by.......

That second half of your chart strikes me very similar to the S&P index.

wasp_end.gif.48a83279955a9f633d60e23554322128.gif

es_weekly.thumb.gif.63d49408aa892ba7448510b1aeb93baa.gif

Yes but I was just looking at the 'bigger picture'. I can't trade my style of dailies though really... Not ideally anyhow.

Long atm from 167.30 and hoping with the Nikkei dieing, its the Yens turn to fail and we should make back some ground.

Hope so anyhow so we have more solid S/R to work from.

If we break 168.50 then next up should be 170.50 region and then it gets a little easier (if we stay up there)

Hmmmmmmm, just as I expected......

I, for one, am damn glad this week is over. :doh:

It been very trying and confusing. A lot of false signals in these last two days. Lost about 1/2 my profits from the week.

Here's to hoping next week is trending toward the 'normal'.

You and me both. 3 times the monitor has nearly found its way into the garden via the patio door and I just missed the 2nd leg up as my re-entry into the move, which I spent 4 hours watching and waiting for, went beautifully just after I was stopped out. The retrace earlier caused me to miss 100 odd then this move I am not in is as strong as hell! I knew it was due too, been saying it all day and I got stopped out just prior to it happening.

I am not happy. I know it happens to us all but I feel I have been taunted this week.

Strict discipline caused a miss of 500 pips. Laptop dieing on me missed the 400 back up. I miss out on the down-move yesterday and buy into it thrice due to misleading support, then today.......

I've not sworn so much since I was 14! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

wasp, et al, good trading, and especially for sticking with it in these trying times.

I was just wondering, that your, in fact anybodys, rules, can only work well when the market is behaving itself and moving in an orderly manner.

The disorderly and manic moves are too emotional, and maybe thats why the SupRes levels weren't respected as much.

have a lie down in a darkened room for 48 hours.

wasp, et al, good trading, and especially for sticking with it in these trying times.

I was just wondering, that your, in fact anybodys, rules, can only work well when the market is behaving itself and moving in an orderly manner.

The disorderly and manic moves are too emotional, and maybe thats why the SupRes levels weren't respected as much.

have a lie down in a darkened room for 48 hours.

The dynamics of market movement are the same regardless (just on a larger or smaller timescale dependant), and the economy makes no difference whatsoever to how traders perceive value and where and how they place their orders on an intraday basis.

(The only reason I did not do as well as I should this week was stupidity and a bit of bad luck in which trades I caught. Take a look in my blog for more detail.)

Strangely enough, I've found last two weeks easier to trade than anything in the whole summermonths! don't know about yours, but whatever S/R I had on my chart, worked beautifully :)

Wasp, are you trading this week? You've been very quiet.

It's been an up and down week with a couple of nice runners to keep me in the black while I took a few losses. Overall, I feel it's been another difficult week in the market.

We have visitors next week which will impede my ability to monitor the markets. Hopefully, I'll be able to be at the screens in time for the London open plus another three to four hours.

Wasp, are you trading this week? You've been very quiet.

It's been an up and down week with a couple of nice runners to keep me in the black while I took a few losses. Overall, I feel it's been another difficult week in the market.

We have visitors next week which will impede my ability to monitor the markets. Hopefully, I'll be able to be at the screens in time for the London open plus another three to four hours.

Good luck with that... It's hard as most people think you can trade and do all the chores at the same time! Hell its only a squiggly line you are watching!!!

I've been about and I've found this week to be nice and smooth up till yesterday but the last 36/48 hours a tad harsh. Overall pretty good though, glad your in the black too.

I've been having a discussion re: price on 'another' forum mostly this week, I setup my paypal on here and no one bought me a beer so I left, sulking! ;)

Have a good weekend all!