Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Trade Discussion and Analysis

looks like overnight limits are maximum 5%...

I thought circuit breakers only came into play after 10% but that's during the day

It's turning into an ugly open for the stocks... but not just the stock markets.

If you look at a lot of the currencies, and in particular the less-common currencies and emerging market currencies, you'll see a HUGE ramp up in volatility during the last 3 days. Incredible moves today in GJ. Too bad there wasn't any historic data to use. But one good thing about these moves is that it's showing us where the hourly S/R lines exist. That's good. It should make it more tradeable when it starts going back up.

Hello Guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while now and took a trade based on what you posted actualy two trades.

GJ 143.55 Long -50

GJ 144.10 Long +275

Let me know what you think.

Chart5.thumb.jpg.44a1778d299ebc43c24ab60328da7d7a.jpg

Chart51.thumb.jpg.e2ce8bd1517b603850f0b57b9874d1df.jpg

Chart52.thumb.jpg.c6bf25e8ea7372e6aa1aaebb7e46c47a.jpg

happy new year fw, where is the chat...would like to get involved if i may?

It's just the Traders Laboratory chat (link above on the navigation bar on every page, or click here)

We are all doing real time analysis & trading in the chat room these days...

That's too bad. It's a pain in the neck to read those logs.

Hey, did Wasp ever show up at your doorstep, Firewalker? I was half-expecting (well, actually not really expecting, but it would have been cool nonetheless) a visit this December while he was on holidays. But then, the worlds a might big place, and there are a ton more attractive things to see out there than my ugly face. I hope he's having a good holiday.

That's too bad. It's a pain in the neck to read those logs.

Somebody actually does that? :)

We're ready to go by 0730 your time, so unless you have a long commute, why not come in for a half hour or so? It's often pretty much over within the first ninety minutes anyway.

I am about mate and never made it to the US at all in the end. After a brief trip o/s I have had some family issues to sort out which are still dragging and so you'll get your visit later this year instead!

Not visited FW either... There really ARE better things in the world to see!!!!!!

Hope you had a good Christmas and new year and your trading is coming along nicely?

BTW, with the issues atm and the fact my trading is now over with usually by Monday, you won't see me on forums very much... I'll pop in and laugh, I mean help if I can but 2009 is work to live, not live to work!

Somebody actually does that? :)

We're ready to go by 0730 your time, so unless you have a long commute, why not come in for a half hour or so? It's often pretty much over within the first ninety minutes anyway.

I'm working the Asian and European currency sessions, so I'm up all night and in bed by 5 am... and wake up in time to catch the last two hours of the US session. Just a wee bit too early and way too late to contribute.

Hope you had a good Christmas and new year and your trading is coming along nicely?

As always, there's room to improve the trading. Theres winners and losers. Just have to stay ahead of the game. Took a little over 220 pips yesterday on a well-behaved cable trade. Planted my stop a little too close and so I've missed the rest of this ride down. But profit is profit.

Had a good Christmas. We've seen more snow this year than since I was a teenager AGES ago. Weird, but fun.

I hope you're able to resolve your family issues. They can really throw things off kilter.

What do you mean, you're usually done by Monday? You trade Sunday and you're done on Monday? Don't mean to pry, but those are pretty narrow hours.

As always, there's room to improve the trading. Theres winners and losers. Just have to stay ahead of the game. Took a little over 220 pips yesterday on a well-behaved cable trade. Planted my stop a little too close and so I've missed the rest of this ride down. But profit is profit.

Had a good Christmas. We've seen more snow this year than since I was a teenager AGES ago. Weird, but fun.

I hope you're able to resolve your family issues. They can really throw things off kilter.

What do you mean, you're usually done by Monday? You trade Sunday and you're done on Monday? Don't mean to pry, but those are pretty narrow hours.

Pretty narrow requirements these days! 200 pips and I am done for the week and more than happy!

Pretty narrow requirements these days! 200 pips and I am done for the week and more than happy!

So could we call that "semi-retirement" or are you just taking entries that meet a narrow criteria?

BTW, with the issues atm and the fact my trading is now over with usually by Monday, you won't see me on forums very much... I'll pop in and laugh, I mean help if I can but 2009 is work to live, not live to work!

Good for you. I have always found it ironic that for may of us freedom is one of the main things that attract us to trading, we then end up slaves to the screen.

So could we call that "semi-retirement" or are you just taking entries that meet a narrow criteria?

The former, although not quite semi-retirment, just minimum exposure!

I'd call it lazy! But after 10 years (or more?) in the business, who can blaim him :)

or 'blame' me even! ;)

Good for you. I have always found it ironic that for may of us freedom is one of the main things that attract us to trading, we then end up slaves to the screen.

My sentiments exactly!