Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

Long YM 12922, stop 12900.

Figures seems to have been improving, while expectation has remained the same. Very small position, bit of a gamble.

Trading around news.... Not too clever......:doh:

DOW short 12890, stop 910.

I might have been a bit hasty on the first entry, especially since it was before news, often creates a shake-out of some kind.

stopped myself out manually at 900 for -10.

This action obviously invalidates my short.

Out at 910 for +10. Standing aside, neutral position. Might re-enter, but for the time being I'm not seeing any selling pressure.

I think NOW we have some selling, so I'm back in at 12915.

I'd rather step out and re-enter when the signal is confirmed.

Just realized that my "bias" towards the short side today influenced my decision to take an early short, which was not really warranted. :crap:

Well done on the patience SMB. Definitely something I still need to work on.

The move up has been very weak, timing this short is going to be tricky, I am in 920 stop 940

Good entry by the looks of it smbtnt!

For me the upmove was primarily 'odd' because it required huge volume. I mean, lots of effort, but little result... usually a bad sign.

Anyway, only moved a couple of points yet.

I think NOW we have some selling, so I'm back in at 12915.

I'd rather step out and re-enter when the signal is confirmed.

Just realized that my "bias" towards the short side today influenced my decision to take an early short, which was not really warranted. :crap:

Well done on the patience SMB. Definitely something I still need to work on.

Moved stop to b/e, if she takes me out then it's either noise or the wrong trade, 2 things I can do nothing about.

ps- scaled out at 895 for 25, rest at 911. Next target LOD

Now we have a range 930 - 860. I am expecting a breakout, either way, though the lower low 60 min 14.00 bar suggests a breakdown. Plenty more left in this, a day of great patience is required.

Moved stop to b/e, if she takes me out then it's either noise or the wrong trade, 2 things I can do nothing about.

ps- scaled out at 895 for 25, rest at 911. Next target LOD

looks like a move up to take out stops is imminent - I have taken everything off at 895. Will wait for a better setup. Would have preferred 870 ish for a long.