Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

firewalker

Live Indices Trades

DOW long 12930, stop 915

Obviously a late entry, but the plan was to buy 840, but when the markets opened the train had already moved out of the station and there wasn't much to do but sit and wait imo...

DOW long 12930, stop 915

Obviously a late entry, but the plan was to buy 840, but when the markets opened the train had already moved out of the station and there wasn't much to do but sit and wait imo...

Stop moved to breakeven.

DOW long 12930, stop 915

Once again, trading is about sitting tight and doing nothing.

Price is finally starting to move higher! :)

DOW long 12930, stop 915

Price at potential resistance (12970-80) right now, but not all that much reaction.

I will observe and scale out here if we should fail to go higher.

Price at potential resistance (12970-80) right now, but not all that much reaction.

I will observe and scale out here if we should fail to go higher.

This is why observing in real time is much better than having predetermined targets. It's important to have levels in mind where price can potentially react to. Like 12970. Nothing happened, meanwhile we passed that and are at 12985.

Still no reason to exit the trade.

I'm moving my stop up to 12970.

I'm moving my stop up to 12970.

There is some more reaction now. I'm going to take half out at 12985 for +55 and leave the other half on with a stop at 12970. I need to eat something anyway.

There is some more reaction now. I'm going to take half out at 12985 for +55 and leave the other half on with a stop at 12970. I need to eat something anyway.

The rest of the trade was stopped out while I was having dinner at 12970.

That's me done for the day. I realized if I try putting on more trades I probably give back so of the points won on the first one anyway.

Hope you all enjoyed following it and I hope others will try and provide similar live comments.

You have to wonder if just shy of 13000 was another bear entry point...

The price action..ie being held there for a while might support this arguement...

Might be a boring morning... unless news/ figures dictate otherwise

You have to wonder if just shy of 13000 was another bear entry point...

The price action..ie being held there for a while might support this arguement...

Might be a boring morning... unless news/ figures dictate otherwise

I still admire you for being able to sit through a whole day foale.

These days I try to trade just the US session.

The NQ is showing signs of rejection on the daily chart...

See also here.

I still admire you for being able to sit through a whole day foale.

These days I try to trade just the US session.

The NQ is showing signs of rejection on the daily chart...

See also here.

Thats becasue I am a FULL TIME trader...;)

I do believe there are opportunities around...infact...lots of times during the NY session its can be more of a waste of time than now..ie moves less clear

Sometimes I just look for exits or entries...and let it ride..

I dont post all my trades because some are just small adds for example.

I try to post the bigger moves...and have multiple small longs or shorts at differnt prices...so I am not all or nothing..( this is easier to do with spread betting ..as margin required is smaller

Today for example on this quiet morning..I have been very cautious...and am up 50...mostly on the Dax all Longs

If I had been more "trade what you see..and dont think" would have been more..as charts were saying BUY from 9.00am...

See you in the PM..

( Sorry..perhaps this is better in the general thread)

But at least its a post here.. :o

out my last Ftse long at ..6241 pleased with that...and too risky with Dow hovering on 12900...

Hey I see some new members have arrived...:helloooo:

I see my limit Ftse short at 6247 remains unfilled...pity... :frustrated:

Some great icons here...Hopefully we wont be needing this one on this new home :fight:

Thats becasue I am a FULL TIME trader...;)

I do believe there are opportunities around...infact...lots of times during the NY session its can be more of a waste of time than now..ie moves less clear

Sometimes I just look for exits or entries...and let it ride..

Definitely, opportunities all day. But I just feel much more focused if I'm going for one or two decent trades instead of ten. Had enough days in the past where I started of nicely and ended up with a loss. Remember the c&t days ;)