Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Mind over Markets by James F. Dalton, Eric T. Jones, Rober B. Dalton

This is by far my favorite trading book. The concept that you can learn from Market Profile? is pure information. Market Profile? teaches you market understanding, a method different from trading signals based on technical indicators. Dalton does a terrific job explaining Market Profile? in a very simple yet sophisticated way. If you are trading without the knowledge of Market Profile?, you are trading blind. Market Profile? will open your trading vision to understand the bigger picture and to be aware of other time frame market participants. It will help you answer two important trading questions:

1. Which way is the market trying to go?

and

2. Is it doing a good job in its attempt to go that way?

I read this book once a month and I never fail to gain new insights.

I also am finding this to be of value. It takes concentration to understand the concepts and I know that by re-reading it the full value of its content will be revealed. Like mining data....you don't know its value until you have found it. A nice discovery.

I have read this book twice and found it very helpful in understanding market development. The few trading strategies outlined in the book are still being tested by me at this stage. Definitely a must read for anyone using Market Profile to trade.

I have bought Mind over Markets purely on your recomendation Soultrader. Never before did I come across this concept. I find it truly useful in immersing oneself in the market action. Also, it gives a systematic view on trading that is in line with all the classic trading wisdoms, but still offerred from a very fresh angle.

Bakrob, I can sort of confirm, this is probably the slowest read of all, but the concept is complicated and the letter-formations... ouch. It is different from the "usual" trading literature and probably for that reason doesn't show on ANY amazon lists that are occupied by titles we all know. There are probably not too many people who embraced the whole concept. I will probably not do it either, but the book will have an impact and some concepts like value area are great and not to be found elswhere.

I do agree, this is by far the slowest read of a trading book i've ever ran across. I think alot of that has to do though that there is no filler or redundant information in this book, pretty amazing considering almost every other book seems to repeat at least some of another book. I've gotten into the "competent" section but stopped and i'm just going to reread the beginner and advanced beginner chapters until i know the info cold. That seems to be to me what Dalton had in mind if new to market profile.

again 10 stars, worth every penny.

after borrowing it from the library a couple of times i finally ordered the darn book. I have a tendency to doze off or space out to just about anything so you can only imagine how difficult it is to read this one.

"Markets In Profile" by the same author is much better writing. I had trouble getting through Mind Over Markets after many attempts. Markets In Profile walks us through recent examples (2006) -- times when I was living the trading world so it was very interesting to read how he interprets it...

also, get on his email list (the "Profile Bulletin") -- nice monthly insights:

Markets in Profile > Home ( DNN 4.3.5 )

Great book. Slow first read because it is so good. I mean you can read and immediately re-read it again and again because "the plot" is still there - like an unsolved detective story of who will make the next killing, bulls or bears. Unique.