Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

strtedat22

Is It Me or is It Sierra Charts/OEC Feed.

It is unlikely to be Sierra Chart ... check your chart update interval (Global Settings/General Settings) although I'm not certain that would affect it. I run mine on 150ms.

It is unlikely to be Sierra Chart ... check your chart update interval (Global Settings/General Settings) although I'm not certain that would affect it. I run mine on 150ms.

Thanks,

what makes the difference? The default setting was set at 900.

Guest forsearch

BTW - OEC is a notorious resource hog.

It uses the .Net framework, and slows down your CPU when you have the quotes screen up and running.

-fs

Thanks,

what makes the difference? The default setting was set at 900.

That means there will be a 900 millisecond delay between your charts and your feed, since there are 1000 milliseconds in 1 sec. If you have a real fast CPU the fast you can go as fast is a 50 millisecond delay.

Chart Update Interval

Sets how often the chart graphics are updated and studies are recalculated when connected to the data feed. Enter the value in milliseconds. Using a higher value will reduce CPU usage, however, the chart will update slower. Using a lower value will increase CPU usage, however, the chart will update faster. This setting does not affect the speed at which data is stored, it is stored tick by tick without any gaps. All trades received are displayed. When a trade is received, it will be displayed within this time interval. All charting programs update charts in this way. Using a very short update interval (less than 800 milliseconds) will require a very fast CPU.

Have you compared the YM to the ES especially around market open? At certain times the instruments (especially the YM) can be very slow.

BTW - OEC is a notorious resource hog.

It uses the .Net framework, and slows down your CPU when you have the quotes screen up and running.

-fs

that really blows but thanks for the info.

Have you compared the YM to the ES especially around market open? At certain times the instruments (especially the YM) can be very slow.

i did and i just thought it was me but there is some serious lag time between the two.

I just want to verify your exact concern...

Are you saying that Sierra is lagging with the quotes and you are seeing it earlier in OEC (e.g. with tick chart)? Or are you just saying you think the overall YM feed (both OEC and Sierra) feels like it's lagging?

I just want to verify your exact concern...

Are you saying that Sierra is lagging with the quotes and you are seeing it earlier in OEC (e.g. with tick chart)? Or are you just saying you think the overall YM feed (both OEC and Sierra) feels like it's lagging?

I think sierra is lagging. It made a difference when i adjusted the global settings to 150ms.

Its not so much lagging as when you have the setting at 900ms the chart is only refreshed every 900ms. So sometimes it will be right on time ... but equally often it will be 900ms late. On average though the data was received 450ms before you saw it on the display so I guess it feels like lagging. I think 900 is only really suited to end of day or hourly bar type traders; half a second won't matter much in that case.

I must admit I hadn't realised that it could be as fast as 50ms now so I must update mine to 100ms (recently got an 8500 to replace my e6600 and added an extra 2G of ram so why not speed up sc too :))

Edited by Simple

Its not so much lagging as when you have the setting at 900ms the chart is only refreshed every 900ms. So sometimes it will be right on time ... but equally often it will be 900ms late. On average though the data was received 450ms before you saw it on the display so I guess it feels like lagging. I think 900 is only really suited to end of day or hourly bar type traders; half a second won't matter much in that case.

I must admit I hadn't realised that it could be as fast as 50ms now so I must update mine to 100ms (recently got an 8500 to replace my e6600 and added an extra 2G of ram so why not speed up sc too :))

I did the samething also. I added 2GB and updated the settings to 150. Ill take a look at 100ms monday morning. It looks alot better with the current adjustments.

strtedat22