Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Maverick0325

The Trading Zone Review

It seems to me that anyone considering TTZ, should ask themself, "If Greg's system is so good, why does he need SEC to 'fill the room'? Why isn't he making just the calls live in the room that his system teaches?"
And here is the logical answer to your question...

From what I have seen, Greg only takes the standard TTZ setups that he teaches (unlike the Scalper who apparently trades it in a much smaller time frame). Greg also rarely trades during lunchtime unless the liquidity is there. My guess is that this puts him at about three to eight trades a day (someone correct me if I am wrong). As you can imagine, this would create a large amount of dead time since it's a demo room and not an educational room. This is where the Scalper and Floor Trader come in to fill the dead time. When I popped in there many months ago Greg also occasional played music and messed around during lunch when neither the Scalper or Floor Trader was there. I guess he could just put a recorded audio infomercial that repeats in the background ;). Also, the short time I sat in their room I did learn a few things from the Floor Trader describing what was going on in the Squawk Box. The fact is that unless you are scalping for ticks, day trading can and most likely will have a lot of dead time. So back to your question...if you went to check out a room, how long would you stay if there were one to two hours of dead time between calls? The Trading Zone doesn't advertise as a trade calling service. They advertise as an educational service to provide information on how to trade without them. This also goes for all the other trading services out there that teach education versus paying for a "buy here, sell here" signal service. People need to stop mixing up the two.

And here is the logical answer to your question...

From what I have seen, Greg only takes the standard TTZ setups that he teaches (unlike the Scalper who apparently trades it in a much smaller time frame). Greg also rarely trades during lunchtime unless the liquidity is there. My guess is that this puts him at about three to eight trades a day (someone correct me if I am wrong). As you can imagine, this would create a large amount of dead time since it's a demo room and not an educational room. This is where the Scalper and Floor Trader come in to fill the dead time. When I popped in there many months ago Greg also occasional played music and messed around during lunch when neither the Scalper or Floor Trader was there. I guess he could just put a recorded audio infomercial that repeats in the background ;). Also, the short time I sat in their room I did learn a few things from the Floor Trader describing what was going on in the Squawk Box. The fact is that unless you are scalping for ticks, day trading can and most likely will have a lot of dead time. So back to your question...if you went to check out a room, how long would you stay if there were one to two hours of dead time between calls? The Trading Zone doesn't advertise as a trade calling service. They advertise as an educational service to provide information on how to trade without them. This also goes for all the other trading services out there that teach education versus paying for a "buy here, sell here" signal service. People need to stop mixing up the two.

You make it sound as if the "Scalper" (SEC) and the "Floor Trader" (gator iirc) as you put it, are somehow not affiliated with TTZ or TTZ trading method. That does not seem to be the case. The times I was there, it was never stated that the methods employed by SEC in the trades he called were different from what Greg offers as part of the education service. Perhaps a trade log and P&L posted on the site would obviate the need for filling "dead air" with trades that are not part of the curriculum. Or, perhaps entering in a contest where the results could be verified without disclosing too much of the method to non-students would suffice.

In my first post regarding TTZ, I said I know someone (X) who is in the room. From the times I went in there to check it out, and from what my trader friend X has told me, there is not a remote possibility that I would pay for or recommend TTZ.

Run -don't walk- away from this charade.

Just an observation: For someone who has "only been there a few times", you sure seem to be offering a fairly vigorous defense.

I will reply to you as soon as I have a chance to discuss specifics with a current member.

I don't have a horse in this race, and I have spent as much time on TTZ as I care to.

-mp

GUYS

GREG HAD SYSTEM http://www.SIGNALWIZARD.com

and then he took it of casue it was losing money lke crazy

and when I asked him why?his asnwer was: I sold the system

lol

lies lies lies

Greg when are you gonna stop????

as far as secretariat:

SEC or elricardo is same person

he came to gregs room and asked if he can post some trades

then him and greg came up with an idea sell gregs crap system for 2500 now its 2600

STAY AWAY GUYS if you have exatr 2500,DONATE but do not pay to scame artist liek greg

AS far as the guy by the name gator

when I was in the TTZ room, I count 35 times gator was trying to push gregs 2500 system

if system is soo great you only need to do this once not 35 time

if gator is 18 years old ex floor trader , why does he need gregs system????

you shold be retire someplace like monaco or etc or trade 100 lots

instead of selling 2500 system

GUYS for those who really need to know what is 2500 you are buying

I can teach you in 5 min for FREEEEEEEE

After discussing details with a trader friend of mine who currently basis his method strongly off the "TTZ Methodology" I have enough information to reply...

You make it sound as if the "Scalper" (SEC) and the "Floor Trader" (gator iirc) as you put it, are somehow not affiliated with TTZ or TTZ trading method. That does not seem to be the case. The times I was there, it was never stated that the methods employed by SEC in the trades he called were different from what Greg offers as part of the education service. Perhaps a trade log and P&L posted on the site would obviate the need for filling "dead air" with trades that are not part of the curriculum. Or, perhaps entering in a contest where the results could be verified without disclosing too much of the method to non-students would suffice.
Gator trades the same way that Greg does. They base their setups off a 3m chart as they openly discuss in the demo room. Sec on the other hand takes the basic 3m setups and trades it off pure price action, or a tick chart. Both Greg and Gator discourage any new traders to trade like Sec. Hopefully this is making sense. So they are all trading the same "methodology" but Sec is trading it on a much smaller time frame which is way more difficult. As far as PnL, my friend gave me a few excuses but I am not going to go into them here since there is no reason for the conversation to be tilted that way since they aren't a signal calling room. The one thing I will repeat was the fact that "anyone with half a brain could sit in the room and listen to only Greg's calls and realize that money can be made". This is the primarily reason for the room. So yes, their marketing technique may not be the best but doesn't seem to carry over to the actual education.

In my first post regarding TTZ, I said I know someone (X) who is in the room. From the times I went in there to check it out, and from what my trader friend X has told me, there is not a remote possibility that I would pay for or recommend TTZ.
That's great. You may be in a different place or have a different style/personality where you wouldn't get any use...and more power to you. I wouldn't pay for the service either. However, the reason is not because I think they are a scam. I have seen scams and they are far from it. It's because I already have a very good grasp at how Market Profile works and already have my own profitable strategy. It completely depends on your personality and where you are in your trading venture.

Just an observation: For someone who has "only been there a few times", you sure seem to be offering a fairly vigorous defense.
Let me rephrase it this way...for someone who appears to have spent only a little time in the room, you sure seem to have strong feelings that it's a scam. Yes, you have your friend (X). However, I also know a few traders that are members and have had positive experiences. Non of them claim for it to be the holy grail. This is why I am so "aggressive". Sign up, don't sign up...I don't really care since I am no way affiliated with them. However, to make the blanket statement "Run -don't walk- away" and give little hard evidence or reason as to why, is as much BS as you claim the service is.

I don't have a horse in this race, and I have spent as much time on TTZ as I care to.
Fair enough. I don't really have a "horse in this race" either. I am just in a position where I know enough about this particular service to see when unfair information is being displayed. But then again in this business and online a truly unbiased opinion that tries to give a look at the other side will most likely be taken as either A) Someone working for the "scam" or B) A basher working for the other "scam". :) This is why one must ALWAYS do their own due diligence.

stay away from TTZ guys and you will do just fine

as far as GREG

GREG a real job

Wow, a SECOND quality post from you. :o

Well, I guess I better listen to you. You seen to know what's best. :)

But in all seriousness, I didn't quite understand the last line. It must be some intelligent bantar that's over my head.

I doubt he even make money in trading

he is arrogant when he takes his 2 ticks in profit

and the quiet when he is losing

keep telling everyone that he is trading 20 lots and up

in reality he barely trades 6 lots cause his account is only 10K:)

greg needs to get a real job instead of lie to pple
So I take it that this is quality post #3?

Any specific examples of the lies? I am sure everyone would like to know since this is an INFORMATIONAL forum. Like I told you before, take your mindless bashing bantar to the OTHER forum please. :)

EDIT: Unable to comment on your last post at this time. But will later.

Edited by Hlm
Replied while I was replying

Well, I had a nice walk outside with the family. It is such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. :)

I doubt he even make money in trading

he is arrogant when he takes his 2 ticks in profit

and the quiet when he is losing

keep telling everyone that he is trading 20 lots and up

in reality he barely trades 6 lots cause his account is only 10K:)

First comment I am going to make here isn't really even TTZ related. I know many successful traders that sometimes, if not all the time, take a large percentage of the trade off in two or three ticks. Anyone who has day traded the ES should at least understand part of the reasoning behind this. This allows them more room when the price comes back to test the entry. A successful momentum trader can hit that first "burst" of momentum with high percentage. At this point why wouldn't an individual take some profit off to allow room while looking for the greater trend to carry it further? Of course this theory might not make much sense to an individual who doesn't trade pure momentum. When an individual comes across and puts down a trading method (here it is taking profit off early) without giving specific reasons as to why they feel it's wrong and even more importunately a detailed replacement of a better approach it sends up a red flag. Many times those that say it can't be done are really just saying that they can't do it. In trading there are many different ways to get the job done. Any more discussion on this concept can be discussed in another thread since to continue here would be off topic.

As far as your comments about the head guy, how is one to know if they are based in reality? Have you seen his personal trading account? I have heard that he preaches that an individual should trade one contract for every 10k (or was it more, I can't quite remember). So again, baseless information. As far as you doubting he makes any money trading...it's your right to doubt and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's only when baseless information comes into play do I get annoyed with individuals like you.

Ask him for his early statement or even better for his tax return lol

I doubt he even filed gain capital tax

Again another pointless post. Why would anyone turn over their tax return to a complete stranger? At least your bashing is getting better. You are using arguments that obviously can't or won't be proven either way. Seriously man, head over to the OTHER forum. They will probably bow at your feet and worship your almighty knowledge.

Well, I am done posting in this thread unless someone brings up a valid question or concern about this service. I most likely already wasted too much time over here. I am sure the majority of people can see who the idiotic bashers are. I said what I felt needed to be said specifically for TTZ and in general about random pointless and baseless bashing of educational services. As always, due your own due diligence and take any negative OR positive opinions with a grain of salt. :)

Let me rephrase it this way...for someone who appears to have spent only a little time in the room, you sure seem to have strong feelings that it's a scam. Yes, you have your friend (X). However, I also know a few traders that are members and have had positive experiences. Non of them claim for it to be the holy grail. This is why I am so "aggressive". Sign up, don't sign up...I don't really care since I am no way affiliated with them. However, to make the blanket statement "Run -don't walk- away" and give little hard evidence or reason as to why, is as much BS as you claim the service is.

Fair enough. I don't really have a "horse in this race" either. I am just in a position where I know enough about this particular service to see when unfair information is being displayed. But then again in this business and online a truly unbiased opinion that tries to give a look at the other side will most likely be taken as either A) Someone working for the "scam" or B) A basher working for the other "scam". :) This is why one must ALWAYS do their own due diligence.

I was done spending time on TTZ, but now I'm am being accused of "giving little hard evidence" and that I'm full of BS. Incidently, I thought this may happen as soon as I mentioned Hlm's fervor in defending TTZ. Had I known Hlm was an ardent apologist for TTZ, I would never engaged in this fruitless thread that Hlm will spin ad nauseum as a positive for TTZ with each post. So I will end my contribution to this Hlm spun, TTZ advertizement, with a summary:

1) I have a trader friend X who has been a TTZ member for a long time. X tells me the trades called by SEC are not reproducible with the methods taught by TTZ. X has asked other TTZ members if they got the trigger when SEC did and answer was, no. X has asked SEC for the timebase of the chart he uses for his signals, and X is also been told what it is. Greg will say it is the same trigger as used on the 3 minute chart only on the faster xxTick chart. Call after SEC call is made _before_ the trigger on the xxTick chart occurs. This is what I mentioned in one of my first posts.

2) By Hlm's own words, SEC is used as a "...filler and an unrealistic one". Yet a vast majority - if not all - of the trades called in the "demo room" are from SEC. Make no mistake about it, SEC is the draw.

3) After SEC has a couple hours of calls, the moderators engage in a dialog telling all the longtime "free loaders" its time to payup or leave. The insinuation being that the "free loaders" are making a ton of $$$ and not paying for the course. At the same time the moderators are telling visitors they cannot shadow trade SECs calls successfully. So which is it?

It would be easy to argue that, TTZ's "demo room" has as its main attraction, a scalper who calls the trades by a method not taught in the TTZ curriculum.

Is that an "unfair" statement? Perhaps a bit harsh, but in my opinion not "unfair". That is the basis for calling the TTZ "demo room" a charade when I said, "Run - don't walk- away from this charade".

For anyone beguiled by Hlm and considering TTZ, be careful, and be wise.

-mp

In my book this last comment is a "valid concern" which I said I would reply to.

I'll keep it simple and to the point.

As far as I can see I don't disagree with anything you said about Sec. However, every member I have talked to joined to learn Greg's trading strategy and NOT Sec's. You aren't paying for the demo room. You are paying for the educational material and weekly training sessions. The majority of traders want to trade less and not more and find that the handful of trades made by Greg and his strategy as enough. This is why many of their stronger traders do not spend their day in the demo room. Why would they? As always due your own due diligence. :D

P.S. You can call me what you want. Those that know me know that I am in no way promoting this service and that's all that matters. I actually warn people to shop around and make sure that the education they choose fits their personality. There are many differently ways to get the job done in this business. I am only protecting a service that I am well informed of from pointless bashing. :)

Regarding your P.S. - I have not called you anything, nor have I characterized your comments as BS, as you have done mine. I believe my comments regarding TTZ were reasoned and could not be construed as "pointless bashing" worthy of your "protection".

Regarding your P.S. - I have not called you anything, nor have I characterized your comments as BS, as you have done mine. I believe my comments regarding TTZ were reasoned and could not be construed as "pointless bashing" worthy of your "protection".
Yes, your last post DID have reason and that is why I agreed with almost everything you said :o. And remember, there was another individual doing the majority of the pointless bashing and many responses were geared towards him if I did not specifically name you. You referred to me as someone who is beguiling people. In my book that's' an insult. I am mearly trying to explain to the bashers (not you necessarily ;)) that the "charade" that goes on in the "demo room" does not represent the information in the educational course. Do I believe that they are going about the demo room the wrong way...probably, but why would I care? However, like I had said almost all the traders I know that have had a part of TTZ do not spend time in the room since it's an educational services and not a signal calling service. It's no different than going to a seminar. However, I guess it's a little different since they do have ongoing training every week. But all the bashing is towards the "demo room" and Sec the scalper. Both having very little to do with the few trades that Greg calls and are created by their "methodology". :)

Hlm or anybody else that cares to comment, do they (TTZ) actually use MP for their trading? I’m new to MP and everything I’ve read about it says to use a 30 minute time frame, but Greg refers to a 3 minute time frame and sec a 55 tick one. So, what am I missing ? I can’t get their entries to match up with anything I look for in MP, therefore I’m starting to think that they actually don’t use MP at all, or use it only as a supplement to a normal 3 minute or 55 tick bar chart with a 3 bar set up or whatever indicators they use. Greg did write something about linear regression that is available on the net (a simple goggle search will find it), is this part of their approach more so than MP?

Also, in your opinion, do you think it’s worth $2,600 ? I did think about joining, but sec really put me off that idea.

tia

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT TO JOIN TO GREG WEITZMAN

HE IS LOSING money every day and the only way he makes money is by selling 2600

course that dont work

GREG will talk sweet to you how open and great he is

in reality

he is liar and the only way he is making money is selling his course

if you have 2600dollars and you wanna spend them

donate it to homeless chilrdren

GREAT example was friday how he lost his ass on every call he posted

so now let me ask you a question

if his method is soo good

why did he lose yestrday on 1 way moving market???

Hlm or anybody else that cares to comment, do they (TTZ) actually use MP for their trading? I’m new to MP and everything I’ve read about it says to use a 30 minute time frame, but Greg refers to a 3 minute time frame and sec a 55 tick one. So, what am I missing ? I can’t get their entries to match up with anything I look for in MP, therefore I’m starting to think that they actually don’t use MP at all, or use it only as a supplement to a normal 3 minute or 55 tick bar chart with a 3 bar set up or whatever indicators they use. Greg did write something about linear regression that is available on the net (a simple goggle search will find it), is this part of their approach more so than MP?

Also, in your opinion, do you think it’s worth $2,600 ? I did think about joining, but sec really put me off that idea.

tia

Sorry newtrader100, I completely missed your question.

First of all I was told be a TL member that Sec is no longer with TTZ and that they got a new person to trade the DAX in the morning. However I have not confirmed this information. If someone who is actively in the room can confirm it that would be great since he is one of the major "bashing" reasons and complaints I have heard from TTZ members.

The 3M chart has nothing to do with Market Profile. Your standard TPO Market Profile that you use was created in the previous trading day. Also, even if you have a Market Profile indicator on a 3M chart it should still only be taking the price extremes at the end of 30 minutes to calculate the value. The only exception to this would be a developing Market Profile area which will let you see the "uncompleted" value area in real time. They use the 3M chart to create setups that may be traded off of Market Profile areas and based on contextual readings of the Market Profile formations and placements. Many, but not all, of the Market Profile rooms I have seen don't use the "text book" Market Profile setups (including TTZ). They focus on the actual value areas in the past (vah poc val) and not so much the distribution of the value areas. So no, they aren't using every aspect of Market Profile and have simplified it to an extent, but their methodology and trading decisions are highly based around it. They use 3M setups with Market Profile to give them more trades than the standard "text book" Market Profile trader. Hopefully that makes sense. :)

As far as it being worth $2600...that really depends on where you stand as a trader with experience and knowledge, your personality, and what your expectations are. Everyone has to do their own due diligence since everyones situation is unique.

Edited by Hlm
Spelling (no content was added or removed)

Hello All :)

Has anyone else noticed how every single one of Tickiman's responses has been completely fact-less? How what he says seems to be nothing but personal issues with the dude in TTZ?

I have nothing for or against TTZ, but I have huge issues with immature flamers, which this person apparently is.

There is a reason why I enjoy TL so much - specifically because this is not a community of immature flamers - but instead we are a group of mature, thoughtful, professional traders.

Well - most of us.

I can only hope that a moderator person will step in here, and help eliminate the kinds of responses Tickiman posts in our world.

Has anyone else noticed how every single one of Tickiman's responses has been completely fact-less?

Nobody can prove or disprove whether this GREG guy makes money trading or not unless he provides his trading statements. So what you have left here is just one guy's opinion vs. another's.

Nobody can prove or disprove whether this GREG guy makes money trading or not unless he provides his trading statements. So what you have left here is just one guy's opinion vs. another's.
Exactly OAC, very true. Which makes sense since TTZ is not a signal service. Also, even if this Greg guy makes money it doesn't necessarily mean you will either. No two traders act the exact same way and if you are a live trader you know this to be fact. Members are told not to "shadow trade" the room and emphasis is placed on members learning how to spot trades on their own. It is an educational package that includes on going weekly after market training. In my opinion the only things that can logically be discussed are the educational material itself and other black and white items. Of course the material may or may not be helpful to the individual depending on their personal traits. Generally the only useful information that comes out of these threads are specific questions that have specific answers. Does it teach this concept? How much does it cost? What type of extra training is included? On average how many trades a day can be taken? The rest has to be researched and discovered by the individual while doing their own due diligence.

GUYS

I am tired of this pointless conversation

here is the last thing I like to say

THE MORE PPLE TTZ ROOM GET THE MORE MONEY I WILL MAKE

CAUSE MORE THEY LOSE MORE I WILL MAKE ON THEM