Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Maverick0325

The Trading Zone Review

I've read the book. You couldn't build a trading system around it as too much relies on trader discretion. You'd be better off buying the book from Amazon and reading it.

Maverick, can you give 3 reasons why you would pay someone you have never met $2000 (sorry $1999 - can't believe they still do that) for a product(?) that doesn't have any evidence that it is more than a good way to start a fire?

I just can't believe it.

"Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach teach gym. "

Thanks Woody.

There are few teachers that will teach you a successful method. There are plenty that will teach you obscure concepts and take your money. Those people that make money would not advertise, they would not need your money either.

I know, they say that they charge that much because they want to make sure you are committed. I don't buy it.

Maverick,

I have spent a couple of weeks in the TTZ chatroom. It was nice and their method seems profitable and the environment was a lot of fun with some unnecessary display of rudeness. :) I am new to Market Profile [not new to trading, though] so I have considered buying their course. There are other alternatives, however, like Balance Trader (very reasonable price), among others, and/or learn on your own through this forum and other study materials. I figure I would just add that $2000 to my trading account and purchased a very reasonable one time payment for TPO charting on Ninja Trader. As far as chatroom, the one we have here is great. You can watch the master scalper, The Chimp [waltwerw] scalp the heck out of YM. Hlm is also very helpful calling levels on ES and YM. This two guys turned me into "The Wimp" this morning when it comes to scalping. LOL!

ENJOY!

ztrader

Great! The chatroom is back? I have to stop by tomorrow!

Hola torero,

Yeah! Let's nominate walterw to lead the YM while Hlm takes on ES. :thumbs up: Now, we just need someone to handle ER2.

See you there.

ENJOY!

ztrader

I might be playing with fire here, and I really would like to stay out of a “he said she said†battle but…

Through a friend I have seen their material and I have also spent some time in their room on Paltalk in the past. In my honest opinion, they are not the scam artists you find most other places. Their “methodology†seems solid and I can see how their three setups could help newer traders focus on simplicity. They keep their actual trading room open for anyone to come and watch. They also have after market training during the week.

Now I am ABSOLUTLY NOT pumping their service. The prospect of it being advantageous to you depends on where you stand as a trader at this moment in time. A disciplined individual can study the market on their own and be very successful while another can pay for a good educational service and still fail due to motivation and psychology.

The core point of my post is to refute the grouping of this service with other obvious ‘scams’ out there. There aren’t many other services out there that have an open to the public trading room with trades being called all session and weekly after market training.

This is just an opinion. I truly believe that a trader who has the discipline to make it in the first place can do so without expensive services. However, I will admit that I do agree with their money management style. Or maybe that’s because it’s very close to mine. :)

As always do your own due diligence.

Great response Hlm. I haven't seen their materials and I am not a member, but, I have been to their room. They are traders and they have a plan.

I found them kind of rude a number of times in my short stay (although not to me) and I personally don't dig that. They are also aggressive traders making a lot of trades a day. And that is not my style.

Also, they are constantly selling their program. It's not a free room for a reason. I think I would get tired of the sales and their rudeness. So, I am not giving them my money.

If it feels right. Sign up and pay them. Just remember, there are no magic bullets out there.

Hlm,

thanks for the reply. I would really appreciate it if you would forward me the material that you have in your hands so that I can see for myself. I agree with you that everyone needs there own hard work and dedication, but i think you will also agree that everyone needs help from time to time.

I also agree that they SELL SELL SELL at all times, and that gets old. I cant tell if there are any other real trades besides SEC in that room because they 'seem' to be pumping him full of comments at all times that its hard to stay focused on the price movement.

With that said, ive decided not to purchase. I am sticking to the theory that people who make real cash in trading dont need to, or want to, charge for their services b/c they shouldnt need to, even though they may be the real deal, their service will be undoubtedly saturated by the others that are forever chasing the majic potion that will bring them success as a trader.

I am a successful trader with real money, just always looking for more info, and Ill most likely sit that one out until further notice.

I would, however, love to see how they incorporate Market Profile into their setups, and I have a strange feeling that its nothing more than S/R levels, money management, reading tape, and price action.

Im looking forward to those materials if you feel generous...it would be great to see them.

JD

Traders,

Im considering the purchase of the system for 1999 on TheTradingZone.com website. I am getting very good reviews, has anyone else bought?

JD

InTheTrade@Gmail.com

Maverick, I do not know if you are aware of alleyb`s material, he is most knowledgeable in Market Profile and very respected. Also very reasonably priced.

Cheers,

email

TheTradingZone does not grant unlimited free access - you are allowed to enter the room a couple of times, and after that you are banned without warning. It happened to me after 5-6 visits.

Had the same thing happen myself. They asked me why I hadn't paid for their course, asked a few questions and then popped the question, "if the method is so clear why not make a template with entry and exit signals."

{kick}

Seems like they are pushing harder and harder lately to create a buzz about the room with gossip on the boards.

Taking a page out of Paris Hilton's book =) Good on them, at least someone should become fabulously rich for selling market profile setups. No sense sharing and gaining from the free flow of ideas.

{kick}

:crap:

Now I am ABSOLUTLY NOT pumping their service.

I think it is very difficult to learn this occupation soley on your own. Obviously, reading and studying books is very important. IMHO, after a certain point, their is nothing like being in the environment of a live trading room. Seperating the good from bad, without question takes homework. Again IMHO, I do think there are several trading strategy's that with the correct discipline can be successful. Of course, one must use due diligence and research to find a teaching service that uses a working strategy. I have been a successful trader for a few years now but when I look back over the years, there are defintely 1 or 2 people who I know are a part of my success. I really do not want to start a war of words and do not take habit of cheerleading anyone or anything. The fact is, I did take their course less then 2 years ago. I found their teaching of Market Profile and Tape Reading to be very beneficial. It's something I still use today. I stayed in their room for about 4 months and then left to trade with friends. Learning to trade was the hardest and most challenging thing I have ever done. The trading zone did supply some good information but ultimatly the end result had to come from me.

I can say that the community here coupled with the chat room is quite close to the value of a paid service. Perhaps if 2500 usd was a small amount of money, I would give it a thought. But it's probably better just to stick it in my account and test out some theories I learned here instead.

Congrats on becoming a profitable trader, whatever means to get there I say!

I was able to get a few good ideas from listening to the TTZ room and piecing together their approach. There are a few hidden nuggets on the the internet that can help you enjoy the chat rooms' secrets. They were well hidden, but since they were published by Greg himself there should be no question as to publishing his trade secrets. The following link has several days of the charts ("see them like never before") that they published in an open blog. Thankyou wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070108042248rn_1/www.thetradingzone.com/blog/

From this you can setup your chart to look like the TTZ chart when you are listening. Most of it is straight forward except for the indicator similar to a bollinger band. This is a moving market profile with a TPO count above and below the POC. POC is the red band in the center and the UVA and LVA are in gray. The detailed explaination can be seen here.

THN Price Profile

The other pivot/S/R point indicator from the charts is a price target indicator from the same site. There is nothing very speial about this one.

TTZ Targets

I think that these are sold by Sec, but I am not sure about that. I have re-created these indicators for Tradestation. If there is interest, we can start a thread detailing this methodology.

I was able to get a few good ideas from listening to the TTZ room and piecing together their approach. If there is interest, we can start a thread detailing this methodology.

Yes Sinatra;

I would appreciate a thread on this methodology.

Please go ahead.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Guys And Traders Stay A Way From The Trading Zone

Greg Weitzman Is The Moderator And Biggest Loser Who Only Making Money By Selling His Crapola For 2500usd

Do Not Pay Him And Stay Away

tickiman,

You are absolutely right. Run -don't walk- away from these guys. I know someone, let's call them 'X', who spent the $$$ and took the courses. SEC does not use the setups that are taught. X has been there a long time, and SEC's calls come _before_ the setups taught. SEC is a great scalper, and you will not be able to duplicate his results. If you go into the room, and ask how many traders have been there for a year or more, you'll get about 40 of the 150+ in the room raising their hand. Of course, Greg will say something like, "They have already made their money, and they are probably at lunch". During the time you are there, you'll hear, "Its time to kick out some of these free-loaders", or some other such drivel, implying of course that their stuff is so good, that visitors are making a killing and not paying for the course. Then you'll hear them say this is a "demo room" and that no one can shadow SEC's calls and be profitable. So which is it?

tickiman,

So this is how you write your very first post? By bashing a service without any evidence or specifics. And no, I am not specifically sticking up for The Trading Zone. My reply would be the same for any service that gets a similar reply (I am sick of posts like these). For you to come on here and bash ANY service without giving ANY meaningful information to back your claim is idiotic. Here at TL we like to keep posts/threads informational and useful. Unless you would like to discuss specifics please take the currently displayed pointless rantings to the OTHER forum where it will be gladly accepted with open arms. :)

Actually...here's a better idea. There are currently 39 pages of back and fourth banter over at the OTHER forum. Anyone who wishes can view them HERE. So unless someone has new information that is not currently displayed over on that site, let's keep it clean over here.

Also, it is $2,600 and does your comment "Guys And Traders" imply that traders aren't guys. :)

*Note: After rereading my reply above I have realized that it sounds much more harsh than I actually mean it to. However, I am not going to change it because I feel all the information is required.

I checked these links and all have been disabled. I guess some of it was stuff greg did not want getting out.
As would be expected.

Also, for your comments associated with the scalper in the room. I completely agree. From the short time I spent in there and others I know that are currently trading the system, everyone agrees that he is being used as a filler and an unrealistic one. To put the rest of you comment into perspective...that seems to be a major reason why many of the members do not stay in the room. The room doesn't give any more information that the members need which is why it's called a demo room. The head guy doesn't promote shadow trading (quite the opposite). To be honest, from what I have heard it seems like the "weaker" traders are the ones that stay in the room while like with any other service, the strong ones take the information they have learned, tweak it into their own style, and move on. As with any system/strategy/seminar some people will get a lot from it because it fits their personality, style, and goals. While others will find very little useful information and feel scammed.

Also, for your comments associated with the scalper in the room. I completely agree. From the short time I spent in there and others I know that are currently trading the system, everyone agrees that he is being used as a filler and an unrealistic one. To put the rest of you comment into perspective...that seems to be a major reason why many of the members do not stay in the room. The room doesn't give any more information that the members need which is why it's called a demo room. The head guy doesn't promote shadow trading (quite the opposite). To be honest, from what I have heard it seems like the "weaker" traders are the ones that stay in the room while like with any other service, the strong ones take the information they have learned, tweak it into their own style, and move on. As with any system/strategy/seminar some people will get a lot from it because it fits their personality, style, and goals. While others will find very little useful information and feel scammed.

It seems to me that anyone considering TTZ, should ask themself, "If Greg's system is so good, why does he need SEC to 'fill the room'? Why isn't he making just the calls live in the room that his system teaches?"

-mp