Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

darthtrader

Free MP for Ninja

The Ninjatrader quest for world domination continues...:)

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?p=35427#post35427

This is pretty much now totally free MP if you have a compatible Ninja data feed. I'm sure it will get better as its hacked with too.

With release 6.5, they've done pretty well. However, ONE GLARING DEFECT:

no common functions/methods permitted between indicators and strategies....instead, one must maintain 2 COPIES. This is a HUGE software design "no-no".

I really don't understand it....how they "cloned" so much of Tradestation's concepts, yet they FAILED in this one important concept.

SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT HERE !

I'm not really sure what you mean? If you create an indicator you can call it directly in a strategy and you can also create your own library of custom functions/methods to call(user defined methods in the indicator lib).

To me its just a matter of time, it seems like anything can be done but its just a matter of waiting for Ninja to impliment it directly if you don'twant to roll your own work around in c sharp. 7.0 is sopposed to be out at the end of the year and sounds amazing, multi instrument stuff for plotting several series on the same chart in the same window, historic bid/ask..Seems like 7.0 is when it should really come of age.

Guest forsearch

This is pretty much now totally free MP if you have a compatible Ninja data feed. I'm sure it will get better as its hacked with too.

Is ninjatrader free?

And does it support data feeds from:

- Open E Cry (OEC)

- Infinity/Transact

Please lemme know.

-fs

I'm not really sure what you mean? If you create an indicator you can call it directly in a strategy and you can also create your own library of custom functions/methods to call(user defined methods in the indicator lib).

I think the issue is that the indicator lib and the strategy lib are SEPARATE.

If I write a method/function for an indicator, it must be COPIED to the strategy lib if I need to use it in a strategy.

I've checked with tech support on this and they are aware of it.

Probably will be fixed in 7.0.

In the meantime, it's just an inconvenience.

I really doubt they are going to change this.I really don't see how its less convient and if anything it makes things more modular.

You maintain your indicators and then call them within a strategy..if you figure out down the line a better way to do indicator X, updating every strategy that uses indicator X is nothing more than changing indicator X one time, viola.

There is nothing stopping you from writing everything in strategies though and you would have what you want, but like i said that would seem more of a pain IMO.

If you guys need to check your numbers.

you can check your numbers against the below CBOT market profile levels which are updated daily and cover quite a few markets

http://www.charthub.com/chart/search/mpchart

solid yellow = POC

dashed yellow = Volume POC

solid green = Value Area

dashed green = Volume Value Area

blue = IB

yellow tpo profile, gray volume profile

This MP indicator really works pretty well.

You can set it up however you want and

like you say...it's free!

Thanks for the link!

Brent

MP2.png.0037349f789182dc3d39326be5d6801c.png

I actually use 2 different indicators at the same time on NT. The one you are referring to here is named MarketProfile. I also use another indicator titled MPValues. MPValues draws pricelines and creates price markers for the most recent period on the vertical axis.

I like using these 2 indicators - MarketProfile for the developing VA's and shape of the histograms, and MPValues for definitive VA edges and POC's.

You can find both in the NinjaTrader support forum, and both are 100% free.

Bannor

I actually use both MarketProfile and MPValues to confirm them against each other.

Also note, you gotta update the MarketProfile Indicator every day with start and end time in the indicator itself, for some reason those values do not persist.