Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Paltalk Room

We had our first paltalk chat a few weeks ago and it was definitely successful. Unfortunately I dropped the ball and failed to follow up. I talked to HLM and a few others and we decided a new thread should be made to make it easier for everyone to know what is going on.

From what I understand Friday may not be the best day as everyone wants to relax. That's fine with me, so I'd like to setup a time when we can meet on a regular basis and have a discussion. We first discussed accountability and tossed around a few good ideas. Obviously as time goes on, we can change the subject depending on the needs of the participants.

So what day works well for everyone? And should we continue to use paltalk?

Hi James,

Well done for the post.

I am personally available any time. Fridays is best for me after the market. I will try for any day when a get together is planned. As I mentioned previously somewhere I got a lot out of the last Paypal session thanks to you, Hlm and smwinc fantastic stuff.

I have been thinking about the original postings of how we can better hold ourselves accountable. In Buisness its about having the allignment of authority, Responsibility and accountability to get the job done "right" in line with Key strategies,objectives and tactics

For my own trading I think it would be to show someone my trading plan and the corresponding outcomes and question the hell out of why I did what and when. Ie did I trade my plan, How successful are my strategies and the feedback loop of where I might improve. Visa versa for the other person who can also get out of it something for themselves.

Just some thoughts....

All the Best

John

This thread was created on 04-10-2008?

Wow, I completely missed it. :)

Pretty much any day is usually okay for me. Maybe we should get a few polls together with "times" and "topics" for those that are interested. Paltalk seems to be a good room unless we discuss a topic where live desktop streaming would be beneficial.

You have to start a new thread specifically for the poll and then it's an option at the bottom. Or else you might be able to edit this one and add it.

My guess is that James_gsx and Hlm are too busy trading.

;)

:o

There is the TL chat that is open during the trading hours and I know a few people are in there. The only issue is some find it to be a distraction.

There is the TL chat that is open during the trading hours and I know a few people are in there. The only issue is some find it to be a distraction.
Exactly, many traders don't like to be disturbed during RTHs so organized discussions are better suited for after market hours. As for myself, multitasking is in my blood and my trading is very methodical so it doesn't bother me much. :)